Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Do Ogres really spawn at Gairech Hills?

LinisterLinister
Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
in Help
Never seen one there, need to find one, didn't want to go down to barri basic to find them because of time constraints, but hanging around Gairech and havent had an Ogre sighting yet...

Comments

• downbookdownbook
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    edited February 14, 2018
    Yes, I have come across them many times. You can also consider ep3 of saga 1, it has snowfield Slayer(seems to be ogre according to wiki) and a ogre bandit boss iirc on the 2nd quest.
  • rabbitwarrabbitwar
    Mabinogi Rep: 580
    They're typically near the Sen Mag entrance, south of the road and only one gets spawned per channel
    [Deleted User]
  • LinisterLinister
    how often do they respawn?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Linister wrote: »
    how often do they respawn?

Not often enough, if you're worried about time constraints.
    If it's not already there when you check all the channels, it's better to look for other ogres, than to wait for the gairech ogre to respawn.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited February 17, 2018
    My suggestion is to cc each time you kill one.
    Usually by the time you search, find and kill an ogre on one channel, and rinse repeat for each channel they should be spawned again.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 17, 2018
    Have you guys ever encountered Ogre The Ancient? Because i did... :D
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    @Hardmuscle
    Ain't nobody got time for waiting!
    There's ogres to be killed!

Still, good to know their approximate respawn times.

What's the ogre killing for?
    Charging Strike training?
    Grandmaster something?
    Just like beating up ogres?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I pass by the normal ogre in gairech near the sen mag quite often as my usual commerce route is from Bangor to Emain. usually stop to kill him each time I see him since ogres are ugly creatures and I simply dislike leaving him alive.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    But it was just enjoying nature and smelling the flowers. Can't help it if it looks different. I mean look at imps. They can't even make up their mind on what gender they are at times. Poor confused creatures.
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    FYI: Grandmaster quest ogres can easily be found in Guardian of Avon basic. They're Skeleton Ogres but they count.
    GretaLeilicia
  • LinisterLinister
    didn't look hard enough 1st time, found them all right, thanks all