Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Real Talk: Nerf Chainz

Comments

• JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    trying to turn a crapbox into a 2019 ferrari is probably going to cost you as much as one, and no, nascar isnt a bunch of wizards that can magically turn ur car into a ferrari, they have box cutout shells of the cars they use that are designed to run in circles for hours paired up with a V8 engine that produces 800hp these days and are rear wheel drive, and theyre harder to control then any 2019 ferrari since theres no electronic safety measures or assists, its as basic and dangerous as it gets.

so just getting a 2019 ferrari is just easier.
    JazmynSherri
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    TheOthic wrote: »
    @Rhey well sorry if it come off too personal, but im pointing out that the rebalancing you are preposing rarely happens thats why I mention alchemy and fighter, because they ever rarely re balanced things by nerfing somethng because it made other previous investments bad or obsolete.

Also if you want to have a more nuanced discussion about investments instead of "nerf chainz"maybe don't start with the tone of your title and poll, maybe thats why you're getting the responses you are getting.
    Point taken. But I'm leaving it as is so people will have context. As lots of replies are already made to it. And I've fleshed out myself further already in the thread discussion.

Julie wrote: »
    trying to turn a crapbox into a 2019 ferrari is probably going to cost you as much as one, and no, nascar isnt a bunch of wizards that can magically turn ur car into a ferrari, they have box cutout shells of the cars they use that are designed to run in circles for hours paired up with a V8 engine that produces 800hp these days and are rear wheel drive, and theyre harder to control then any 2019 ferrari since theres no electronic safety measures or assists, its as basic and dangerous as it gets.

so just getting a 2019 ferrari is just easier.

But...
    giphy.gif
    Ur not denying it as a possibility tho & sum people will have their own reasons to.

But ultimately this analogy breaks down cuz Private property =/= Gaming services.
    There is a restraining order(TOS/COC) on us to not touch(Mod) Nexon's darling in any of her no-no(Game files) places while we flirt(Play) with her to fix any oversight/dissatisfaction. :D :p :*
    TheOthicUnisex
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    just buy nexon
    cFHgjtI.png
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    oh so i can just mod my 2006 car into a 2019 ferrari?

thx for letting me know mate

If you're willing to spend millions on reforges, you probably could.
    Then you could complain when they come out with Tesla cars that have actual Tesla death rays.

And I'm totally not buying stock based on crappy one-day performance. You'll need to show me crappy five-day performance first.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited February 14, 2018
    extremely biased poll
    cant take this thread seriously either
    Lutetium wrote: »
    ShouK wrote: »
    Might be because when I was training chains my dex is low and I didn’t use any related chain gears but... chain feels incredibly slow. Id much rather use kunai storm that can deal damage through waves than chain sweep. Kunai storm range 20 makes the AoE range similar to chain sweep. It’s also a pain to get dorcha each time before you’re about to do something. And having to normal hit high hp monster to gain dorcha, and risk getting hit back.

This remains true with higher dex as well, having to farm dorcha and the very long drawn out animations for chain make it significantly slower than other options in many situations, especially when spamming missions such as battle for tail 2 or conflict where you don't have much of a chance to harvest dorcha, because even wearing special Eiren outfit with dorcha snatch master and level 20 dorcha leeched chain blade reforge is still only .95 dorcha per normal attack up from the basic .75 of having only rank 1 and no other boosts, which may seem like a fair bit but still gets burned through very quickly when you're using chain burst to maximize your damage output or anchor rush to get out of mob normal combos or close distance for impales.

Personally I feel like chain is balanced very well, despite it seeming as if the damage multipliers are very high compared to other skills, the restrictions on using those skills from dorcha being a limited resource mid combat and the slow execution balance them out quite well, it's sort of like magic if magic were done correctly and had damage proportional to it's loading and execution time, big burst damage but a little bit on the slow side.

While I don't agree chain needs nerfed, I do believe many other skillsets could use touchups. Fighter and Alchemy being two of mabinogi's darkest black sheep of skillsets are going to need a lot of work especially as both are borderline unusable in all but early game generation quests due to content rebalances that have happened over the years as they've gone neglected. Along with many bug fixes such as not being able to use a loaded and ready water cannon until the splash animation on the previous monster hit has finished (this happens even without vivace to speed up loading) and fighter's various position glitching issues.

I feel like a more productive use of the bit of official nexon attention we can muster by posting on the forums would be better spent asking for bug fixes and rebalancing the weaker skillsets that don't hold up anymore rather than complaining to nerf the functional things into the ground as someone of the opinion all skillsets should be viable to use at all game points to at least a moderate efficiency even if certain skillsets are more effective than others in specific situations so no player has to feel like his or her favorite skillset is "useless late game" or otherwise :)
    ^this
    ZeoGretaVeylaine
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    2 Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaainz
    I'm joking. Chains is good to me. I just need to get off my lazy giant butt and get more dex. Or don't. I don't focus on combat anymore tbh. I just like fashion and sheering sheep, now.
    SylviaWolfe
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    edited February 16, 2018
    May as well nerf all skills to be the same damage multiplier right? That's only fair I guess. Then after that, make every skill have the same cool down. All skills can then be fair game.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Xiokun wrote: »
    2 Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaainz
    I'm joking. Chains is good to me. I just need to get off my lazy giant butt and get more dex. Or don't. I don't focus on combat anymore tbh. I just like fashion and sheering sheep, now.

i sheer sheep to get more dex.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    why complain about Final Hit because of Chains......FINAL HIT WITH CHAINS....mwahahahahahaha
    ShadoeSherri
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    let's celebrate chinese new year by shearing sheep for that dex
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    shear sheep with Chains.....now there's a skill....lol
    Shadoe
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Kysirai
  • ShadoeShadoe
    ookie wrote: »
    shear sheep with Chains.....now there's a skill....lol

There are some pretty interesting things you can sheer sheep with, but probably the best was the event basket that we've had a few times :D
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    edited February 19, 2018
    plz take out that bachram boost it is so annoy as -removed- Please do not dodge the language filter.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    edited February 19, 2018
    Ena wrote: »
    plz take out that bachram boost it is so annoy as -removed- Please do not dodge the language filter.

Not nearly as annoying as hitting a new potential level, or whatever it's called. Especially when it happens while you're in a big fight.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    edited February 19, 2018
    Ena wrote: »

Lol no
    Its a life saver in dungeons or shadow missions
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Bachram Boost is pretty annoying when you're trying to train something that requires your hp/mp/stam to be low though like Holy Vitality subskill. I wish it can be turn on and off at will.
  • CoolAidCoolAid
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160

Pretty much what I think about @Rhey for making this thread
    SylviaWolfeChaosShadow
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    ShouK wrote: »
    Bachram Boost is pretty annoying when you're trying to train something that requires your hp/mp/stam to be low though like Holy Vitality subskill. I wish it can be turn on and off at will.

It's frustrating when trying to train heal, I do think a toggle for it would be nice.
  • SelzyrSelzyr
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    Rhey wrote: »
    After seeing the dan+combo card buffz 2 chainz I feelz it's time 2 do a reality checkz 2 this powercreeping...

- Melee+Rng
    - Multipliers are 2 OP
    - All Single+Aoe skills are 2 OP 4 one talent
    - Skillz grants ADV(same as berserk's) heavy standerz
    - Spammable(Dorcha is 2 easy 2 generate)
    - Anything weaker than Rabbie phantasm or is not immune/HVSTANDERz 2 melee gets solo'd rekt easily.
    - Magic was nerfed cuz of similiar reasons once it got the revamp.

It was fun while it lasted. Now it's time 2 balance it plox.
    Plz nerf. Not buff it even further w/Dan ranks.
    d2snfk0xeobji8gm2zz2.gif

Feel free 2 discuss. :o

Powercreep been a problem of the game starting pre genesis, when they started to release "bits" of it via skills, Chains don't change how broken the said powercreep is.

Nexon limits themselfs to buff the new mobs/stuff they implement so it seems more "difficult" but boils down to mobs having more HP/Ping and overall our experience being tanked by Lag(in most cases)

So yea, not voting, and this thread makes me think you are bored Rhey,