Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Broom summon time is too short, but there is hope!

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
edited February 24, 2018 in General Chat
Just need 2 more boxes to open and finish the daily quest but can't summon the broom till tomorrow cause its out of time.

Not everyone wants to stare at the screen and counting 1 minute for half an hour!!!!
putersmash.gif

Good luck with this cleaing and waiting evet, more boring than a oyster's life.

EDIT:

Well, it seems that you can complete your quest on the next day and get one more chance by changing channel to get the quest from that day.
I will forgive you this time nexon, but I hope this doesn't repeat next time.... or else.....
ed3.jpg
courtneyy[Deleted User]pawcalypseBlissfulkillIyasenuSaiMabskmkstrawberrydreamsSherri

Comments

• EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    alienwere might can help u.....
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Wut I have more than 60 minutes summoning time left after I finish my daily. Just watch a video and pausing every 1 minute.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 23, 2018
    macros-macros-everywhere.jpg

;)

Seriously though, don't do macros kids.

They'r bad m'kay? :)
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    if you need to afk I suggest de-summoning it then... they give well over an hour timer for the 30 minutes needed to finish the event.... if you distract yourself you can't really blame nexon or the game
    ShouKVeylaineCoolAidGretaVaughanLeilicia
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Arjune wrote: »
    if you need to afk I suggest de-summoning it then... they give well over an hour timer for the 30 minutes needed to finish the event.... if you distract yourself you can't really blame nexon or the game

You can blame the event for being boring, though.
    Wouldn't get distracted so easily if the event was more engaging.

Sweeping is lame!
    And desummoning isn't that great a counter to this issue, since there's a cooldown between resummoning the broom and it being able to sweep.
    Plus, it's about as long as the cooldown between sweeps, so that's even more time spent waiting.

Sweeping sure could use a numerical cooldown display if you try to do it again too early.
    An action hotkey would be nice, as well.

Event's still boring, though!
    SheenaImaizumiTheNyanCatBuffalosZairakShadoeoffwithyourheadsMabskmkSherri
  • CoolAidCoolAid
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    edited February 23, 2018
    @Iyasenu will I do agree with you lad, that this event isn't the most riveting or what have you.
    Its rather simple event and anyone can do it, you realize a new player can make an easy 3m from this event.

This is just like any blasted mmo honestly where you have to grind for stuff, and by george this doesn't involve any combat at all, so as chubby chef once told me anybody can do it.

Finally if you simply can not move yourself to do this for 30 mins, perhaps you play other games that can contain your attention span perhaps maybe you shouldn't be playing this type of mmo where you eventually you have do your routine in a rather mundane matter to achieve rewards or better yourself.

Now if you have a diagnosed condition that makes you have a short attention span then by all means bash this event till your heart gives out, but if don't then you only have yourself to blame for not toughing out those 30 mins, and alas if your time is so precious you cant spend 30 mins and pacing yourself, perhaps you should reevaluate your life choices and maybe an MMO isnt for you.

To conclude I whole heartly agree with @Arjune
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited February 23, 2018
    Hey I agree it's pretty boring, but I manage to do it with 30-60 minutes leftover on the broom timer. I do it as soon as I log in.... and I shop around Belvast or something and type sweep after every several shops I view.

Anyways I'm just in it for the sweet, sweet MA totems :D~ and I hope to get a near max roll on one
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Arjune wrote: »
    Hey I agree it's pretty boring, but I manage to do it with 30-60 minutes leftover on the broom timer. I do it as soon as I log in.... and I shop around Belvast or something and type sweep after every several shops I view.

Anyways I'm just in it for the sweet, sweet MA totems :D~ and I hope to get a near max roll on one

Good luck!

My focus is waning already... and it's just day two!
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited February 23, 2018
    CoolAid wrote: »
    @Iyasenu will I do agree with you lad, that this event isn't the most riveting or what have you.
    Its rather simple event and anyone can do it, you realize a new player can make an easy 3m from this event.

This is just like any blasted mmo honestly where you have to grind for stuff, and by george this doesn't involve any combat at all, so as chubby chef once told me anybody can do it.

Finally if you simply can not move yourself to do this for 30 mins, perhaps you play other games that can contain your attention span perhaps maybe you shouldn't be playing this type of mmo where you eventually you have do your routine in a rather mundane matter to achieve rewards or better yourself.

Now if you have a diagnosed condition that makes you have a short attention span then by all means bash this event till your heart gives out, but if don't then you only have yourself to blame for not toughing out those 30 mins, and alas if your time is so precious you cant spend 30 mins and pacing yourself, perhaps you should reevaluate your life choices and maybe an MMO isnt for you.

To conclude I whole heartly agree with @Arjune

I think the event deserves criticism in the same way unlocking a hero is from Battlefront 2. There's simply expecting too much from the player, and in this case, for so little.

I understand how annoying criticism can be if repeated or misinformed, but I don't think the simple act of criticism is inherently wrong. In contrast to a popular axiom, criticising something is actually doing something about it. Squeaky wheels gets the grease, after all.

It sure isn't well thought out. Though I suppose I appreciate it being a change of pace, rather than a "reward update rotation" they seem fond of doing. Although I rather prefer an event like cursed labyrinth than this.

One can do this event, but it seems no different then playing 2 days worth of matches for a single hero in Battlefront 2. Where the line separating reasonable from unreasonable may differ, but past a point, most would agree it is too damn much.

I think Arjune has a point, to be precise. I take much of hour just checking shops, in all honesty. Still freaking boring.

I also find insulting insinuations to be, well...insulting an unnecessary. Can't we all be civil?
  • CoolAidCoolAid
    edited February 23, 2018
    @Blissfulkill well of course lad, this event is a dull one, I think anyone can agree on this point.

Not every event is going to be cinematic piece of the century, at least in my humble opinion at least it has good rewards, while you may disagree I am adamantly sure the prot stones or pet rb pots could fetch nicely thus helping any green players just starting out.

Now you say this event is too much, fiddlesticks! You just have to type and keep your self focussed, while I did this boring event I did it through and through but I'll have you know people were chatting up a storm while doing this boring event.

Just like the winter fishing event players that were not afk simply held lively conversation.

I do agree that the criticism is valid but I do believe @Sheena could of presented themselves more dignified.
  • SheenaSheena
    edited February 24, 2018
    @Sheena could of presented themselves more dignified.

After 6+ Years dealing with this kind of scenario... There is not much left of anything.
    Waiting-for-a-Response-0602830111499600494.jpeg
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    What can i say?

OP fault for getting too distracted.
    Veylaine
  • JTShadowJTShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 395
    From a new players perspective, we have what, 72 minutes to do 30 minutes worth of actions, that I can actually participate in AND get a meaningful reward without doing anything more than spending 30 minutes of my time spamming chat with sweep! IMO this is great albeit boring. Doing the bandits from commerce is a pain because other people kill them all and I can only get a couple badges every 36 minutes, and by running commerce missions I rarely get an opportunity to make over 5000 in a run making it extremely difficult to finish up each day. The previous kitchen dungeon required me to alter the combat techniques I use since I had to use the fondue stick and don't have all the abilities people suggested to get a good score, so even when I could finish I never got over 54. Besides these rewards we're getting for minimal effort could have been sold to us, or put in a gacha or something, so I'm feeling pretty greatful, especially since compared to other games, I'm seeing a lot more events and sales than anywhere else, which makes me happy because it makes the game seem active.
    VeylaineCoolAidMikuV3Mabskmk
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    JTShadow wrote: »
    From a new players perspective, we have what, 72 minutes to do 30 minutes worth of actions
    102 minutes actually. Which is why it's ridiculous people even complaining about it.
    GretaVeylaineJTShadow
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 24, 2018
    ShouK wrote: »
    JTShadow wrote: »
    From a new players perspective, we have what, 72 minutes to do 30 minutes worth of actions
    102 minutes actually. Which is why it's ridiculous people even complaining about it.

I know right??? What OP was doing for like... At least one hour??? How could you totally forget that you have summoned pet in the game for such long period of time...?

I will rate this thread with 28% of rotten tomatoes.
    JTShadow
  • CoolAidCoolAid
    @Sheena well guess I can't blame you for that, your undying perseverance for change to occur, adieu.
    Greta
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I find there's plenty of summon time. I just spam the sweep while doing my other dailies and stuff. It's ezpz.

sweep!

Oh oops wrong chat.
    ZairakLeilicia
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    @Blissfulkill well of course lad, this event is a dull one, I think anyone can agree on this point.

Not every event is going to be cinematic piece of the century, at least in my humble opinion at least it has good rewards, while you may disagree I am adamantly sure the prot stones or pet rb pots could fetch nicely thus helping any green players just starting out.

Now you say this event is too much, fiddlesticks! You just have to type and keep your self focussed, while I did this boring event I did it through and through but I'll have you know people were chatting up a storm while doing this boring event.

Just like the winter fishing event players that were not afk simply held lively conversation.

I do agree that the criticism is valid but I do believe @Sheena could of presented themselves more dignified.

I mistook your entire reply to be directed at Iyasenu then, who seemed reasonably polite. Even then, I don't Sheena was being overwhelmingly aggressive as just informal and a bit inclined to hyperbole.

To which I don't think requires any undue denigration, for the sole purpose that there isn't really a target being called out.

I apologize, I tend to have a running thought, where I believe in this then that. I came to the realization Arjune has a fair point, and that I in the end agree with them. Essentially, I think while I type, and what I think may change over time.
    CoolAid
  • SheenaSheena
    Greta wrote: »
    What can i say?

OP fault for getting too distracted.

Not so hard to get distracted when there is not much to do in this event.
    Shadoe
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    On the one hand, there's plenty of time, and it happens to coincide pretty well with the delay between Red Bandit spawns.

On the other hand, this event is objectively terrible.

We already have spambots, Nexon. Don't make an event that requires players to emulate them.
    Mabskmk