Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

There's too many wings in gachas now.

RRMRRM
Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
edited February 23, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
For years, wings were rare and prestigious items. There were only a few kinds and they came out rarely, so they were worth a lot and people valued them due to how unique they were. I remember for years I was wishing I could afford or get a pair of wings somehow, and when I finally got my first pair I wore them all the time because of how rare it was to have wings. I even redid outfits around them because the wings were unique.

However over time, more and more wings have been added to more and more gachas. It's not uncommon for a gacha today to introduce 5-10 new wing items! It's gotten to the point that they're not special, a gacha having wings does not make it a special gacha.

Just look at what housing looks like nowadays.

DTnzILr.png

All the extra wings are just taking up space, and people are selling them for a fraction of the old prices or less (I've picked up wings for less than a mil in Belvast multiple times). People are selling them low and multiple at a time to get rid of them because they're not special anymore, the pricing is a good reflection of what players think about most wings now.

I understand that multiple colors are introduced so players have variety of options, but Mabi has a dye system for a reason, and there are some dyeable wings so we know it works. If Nexon was to stop putting so many wings in gachas and have them dyeable, they'd be rare (less of them available) and special (can dye to match your stuff) items once more.

And since they'd be rarer and more special, more people would be tempted to buy gachas actually wanting the wings, instead of treating the wings as filler items to resell.
EvieCYangKoete

Comments

• EmikochanEmikochan
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    I personally agree with this.
    I was never such a huge fan of wings for myself, but back in the day I admired people who did have wings. They were a rare item.
    Nowadays wings are not special. Maybe a few handful, but I have been saying for awhile now that we don't need ALL these wings in new gachas. Majority of them are just gonna collect dust in dressing rooms/inventories.
    There shouldn't be like 5 or more different varieties of the same wing!
    So all in all I agree with!
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    I agree... I did Gacha 2 Gachas ago and got 4 pairs of wings... AND THEY"RE LIKE 2m-4m each and not only that they're black and white... When wings first came out, they were some big hype and cost so much money (as I really wanted them when they first came out). Now they're worth nothing and they're so saturated/easy to get in Mabi that they've lost their meaning.
  • EvieCEvieC
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    I agree too. The only thing I do with wings now is leave them in my dressing room. Half of the time, the wings don't match the colors I normally wear. Outfits are typically more rare than wings are. At this point, I usually consider them as filler items and don't care for them.
  • TaffytaTaffyta
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    Most of the wings are definitely just filler and having to match the specific colours they come in is a pain. Should be a small handful of dyeable styles instead of a handful of random colours in style A, same colours in style B, etc.. There's always gonna be a bunch of unpopular coloured wings floating around that no one really wants (and less of the outfits which are always way rarer than wings like evviee said) it's just frustrating all around.
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,260
    Wings aren't interesting anymore. They've become boring. I'd rather see something else replace them. Outfits would be nice.
    YangKoete
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    For me, personally, I like/want 1 out of every..idk 30-40 wing that's released? I have zero to no interest in them, and they seem to just be every where. Now, I'm not someone who poopoos on other peoples enjoyment. Like, if you like the wings then go for it, I'm happy for you. But I'm not jumping at any of them being released. Like, yawn.. more wings. Zzzz..
    YangKoete
  • KrissmasKrissmas
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,070
    I feel like wings have gotten so out of hand lately x_x there’s just so many of them that it feels unnecessary. We could probably stand to get a break from them every now and then! I’d like to see more outfits being made for sure
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Have to sell wings within like the first few hours of the gacha coming out.
    I dolt two pairs of wings for 30mil only for them to be 8m 8 hours later.
  • MeriMeri
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    I'd have to say that I largely agree. When wings came out, I scrimped and saved to buy hummingbird wings. I paid a few million and they were the cheapest wings. They were special to me and I wore them all the time. But now I have about 60 pair of wings just sitting in my dressing room, and i only buy the cheap ones. And now most of them are cheap.

For a while, i kept collecting because I thought about how they were special. But now the market is saturated with wings and I don't even look anymore. Sometimes, you literally can't give away a pair wings!

I'd much rather have some nice outfits in events and even shopping bags where i can just buy what i like. Premium cards were nice with the special outfits. I don't want cards to come back, but it'd be nice to get our outfits in shopping bags.

YangKoete
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I'm kinda happy that we got too much wings in last few gachas. No more special snowflakes with rarest wings and even newbies can get a pair of wings they like as well. I remember when i was frustrated newbie who also wanted wings to make my character look "cool" not because i liked them, but because to increase my status as a player so others would see me and think "Oh wow, she have wings. She must be rich or/and experienced enough at this game then!". Since wings are purely cosmetic then i think they should stay at low price anyway.
    MizukiHayamaVeylaine
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited February 23, 2018
    I would actually prefer to see the dyeable wings be introduced instead of throwing in a LOT of wings with various of Fixed colors.. my only issue is that I do not want them to be only dyeable with special dyes, just make all dyeable wings be dyed with normal/fixed dyes.

Also, please don’t make them super rare to a point where less than 5 people pulled them out during the whole gachapons period on the most populated server like what happened with Possessed Eiren’s Wings or few other wings such as Sweetiepie Butterfly Wings... there’s a difference in between being rare but everyone still has a fair chance to get them and would find a seller within few days and being so rare that you wouldn’t be able to find a seller for months.
    Daktaro
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 23, 2018
    I think they should stop putting the weird junk on wings at least, that would limit the amount of styles of wings by half and the junk is ugly, in my opinion (and even seasonal now, the celtic wings would have been nice if it weren't for the snowflakes.. like seriously, I see 5+ months of snow a year, noooo thanks on snowflakes on my outfit, lol); and those wings in particular in that screenshot are so low because they are difficult to color match and the actual wing styles aren't exactly appealing, I haven't seen a single person with them on. The horizon wings were an awful design, and that color isn't exactly the best... sort of looks like pumpkin vomit.

Also, I'm under the impression that even dye-able wings on Ruairi aren't selling well? Maybe it's a lack of new original outfits and the fact that everything new that is wearable is cash RNG and a new outfit only comes out once every two weeks. I was surprised there were so many options in the chain slash gacha.

And the item being "rarer and more special" would definitely further alienate me, and many others I'm sure, since I haven't spent a dime of real money on gacha and they don't seem to get better. Like, saying that is basically telling them to make the rates worse then they already are?

Just my 2 cents here. :#

Here's what the housing looks like today on wings on Ruairi (obviously I can't say if people bought the wings in the original shot or if housing expired or what, but this is what's there right now):
    qc4rqJM.png
    zuTd0nS.png
    GWRgxiJ.png

And the commas in the original screenshot are interesting. I thought that was a big feature everyone complained about not having?
    Greta
  • MeriMeri
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    We're not saying to make the drop rates in gacha worse; they're usually already pretty bad. But to not inundate us. We dont need wings in every gacha. We have 346 wings and many of them are recolors, not actual unique wings.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    My biggest complaint is their quality! Older wings have better models, the newer wings are often 2 polygons with a texture or a reskin of existing wings with a glow or ombre tint. I dont care that they're common but they're basically becoming filler yet still being treated as a feature. I also agree that they should be dyeable if they're just gonna release 20 versions of the same wing with different colours.
    YangKoeteMomochanDaktaro
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    :x.. less wings please.. i mean yea i like some of them but, i like the outfits more.. and its kind of ridiculous on the drop rate for the new things. So far ive gotten the idea outfit i wanted- But it was for the other gender.. and that was after opening a lot of them.
    YangKoete
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    edited February 23, 2018
    LOL, every fashion trend passes. Wings are not special, and you are not special for having some. I finally bought a pair of wings a month or so ago, my first and only ones. Miniopterus wings for a sexy succubus look (They are the best wings for this IMHO). Other than that there have been maybe 2-3 wings I thought looked nice. Mostly they are garbage that people with bad taste buy to look rich.
    VeylaineGretaYangKoeteMizukiHayamaZeoMomochan
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Ekaterin wrote: »
    LOL, every fashion trend passes. Wings are not special, and you are not special for having some. I finally bought a pair of wings a month or so ago, my first and only ones. Miniopterus wings for a sexy succubus look (They are the best wings for this IMHO). Other than that there have been maybe 2-3 wings I thought looked nice. Mostly they are garbage that people with bad taste buy to look rich.

Pfft please- Everyone knows the best and most sexy looking wings in the game is the one we didnt get to keep.
    Ferghus's Amazing Wings :p
    Veylaine
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    edited February 24, 2018
    I just bought a pair of wings for 600k. Either the person was REALLY stupid, or the wings are worth that much because there's too many.

What about the Temporary Tails? Lots of us have Tail Coupons (Myself Included) that cannot even use them because they won't bring it back! Too focused on the wings >3>
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 24, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »

And the commas in the original screenshot are interesting. I thought that was a big feature everyone complained about not having?

LOL. Nice catch. At first i did not realize that. Wanted to make sure, but the image was already removed. Still i can remember perfectly seeing commas in there... ;)

Anyway, you guys should not be worried about wings, they got outdated like two years ago. Being a furry or/and crossdresser means you are the most fashionable now.

P.S: I give VFM's props for supporting OP's idea and not realizing modded image. :D
    YangKoete
  • ChakylinChakylin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    I don't agree with wings being harder to get. They're just wings. I don't see why they should be any harder to get than a fancy robe.

However, I do agree with less variety. No one really wears the set color wings that are purple or "violet". These wings usually don't match common color schemes and sit unused forever. Just make them dyeable with normal dyes. Get rid of this whole special dye thing, like with the Tuans and the Holy Angels.

Instead of a change to wings, I'd like more back/robe slot variety. Capes? Cloaks? Give me those man. Make them like the kirito set and move when you walk, not like the stiff Avelin. THEN you'd be in business B)