Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bring back elf vs giants

SaerrinSaerrin
Mabinogi Rep: 530
in Feedback and Suggestions
I remember when I played an elf back in 08 and I entered Vales being attacked by the giant guards. I've heard from other oldbies describing the raids in enemy cities, and how fun and exciting they were. Coming back late last year I was really dissapointed that it isn't so any more. I would like it back. What do you think?

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Breaks the lore of the game now.
    Giants and elves are at peace now.
    Also you can still do evg but only with players.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Maybe they can make a future Generation where you time travel back in time when the war was still on; you could even have the old Vales and old Filia. Maybe even have Connous when it was a forest and Physis before it froze over. Once you complete the Generation you can still have access to these maps, kinda like Avon works.
    Sherri
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Eh... personally, I like being able to travel as an Elf in Vales without getting ganged up on. It would be nice to have some more insight on Neamhain though. =T

Dark Elves being introduced could always bring some crazy into the mix. Then again, people could argue that Dark Elves are the Ghosts.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Helsa wrote: »
    Maybe they can make a future Generation where you time travel back in time when the war was still on; you could even have the old Vales and old Filia. Maybe even have Connous when it was a forest and Physis before it froze over. Once you complete the Generation you can still have access to these maps, kinda like Avon works.

If you think of it in terms of 'visiting a memory' rather than time-travel, it works and could be very fun/interesting. We already experience other people's memories through special memory dungeons, why not special memory locations? Locations could include: War-time Filia, War-time Vales, Elf/Giant war front lines.
  • FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Saerrin wrote: »
    I remember when I played an elf back in 08 and I entered Vales being attacked by the giant guards. I've heard from other oldbies describing the raids in enemy cities, and how fun and exciting they were. Coming back late last year I was really dissapointed that it isn't so any more. I would like it back. What do you think?

The problem with this is they removed it because they needed npc's on both sides for saga to be accessible.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited March 9, 2018
    To follow up on visiting war-time Iria:

- You access these areas from 30(?) years ago through the Elven Memory Sphere and/or some Giant equivalent (Eternal Flame Pillar maybe?). OR some special memory portal in the Hillwen mine / Eco Reserve areas (to give them more use).
    - You can meet NPCs from decades ago or young versions of existing NPCs.
    - You can't bring back items, but you sure can bring back knowledge, like for advancing a skill or for conversation keywords.
    - Use the knowledge of the past to your advantage in the present, like the location of certain artifacts hidden by the passage of time.
    - See and use all those Iria exploration artifacts and monuments in their original splendor.
    - Tie this into the Giant and Elf ancestral transformation quests and you're all set! Span those quests across both eras.