Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Broom summon time is too short, but there is hope!

Comments

• LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    This is such a macro event, there are a ton of bots doing it. :( I am not as reliable as a macro and I failed to finish it on the first day. I am being more diligent now though. Just wish they would give it an unlimited summing time for the event. Its not a permanent pet so who would it hurt? :)
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    4/10 would afk after summoned the broom again
  • JTShadowJTShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 395
    ShouK wrote: »
    JTShadow wrote: »
    From a new players perspective, we have what, 72 minutes to do 30 minutes worth of actions
    102 minutes actually. Which is why it's ridiculous people even complaining about it.

You know I thought it was 102 minutes, but since I had already summoned it and did the quest before I posted and still had 36 minutes left on the summon after leaving the broom out for awhile, I figured I should guess a lower number just in case I was wrong. But yeah, 102 minutes to do 30 minutes of actions is over 3x as much as you need, so I'm grateful. I even finished up my quest tonight with about 45-50 minutes before it reset. (I was busy out all day)
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Even if it rolls onto the next day you should have enough to finish them. It's not all that bad. I do wish pets had an infinite summon time since I don't really see a need for any restrictions....and their inventory should be standard decent size in my opinion with all the new pets having such a huge inventory anyways.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Infinite summon time is not going to happen, unless it's some pet you have to pay like $500 for, because they make more money off you buying more pets because your summon time ran out.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Shadoe wrote: »
    Infinite summon time is not going to happen, unless it's some pet you have to pay like $500 for, because they make more money off you buying more pets because your summon time ran out.

It doesn't really do much, as t he broom pet is the currently only one that can sweep event items.

You can't even have inventory on it.

Though, we already get free Eagle and Horse with no inventory. Meh.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    "infinite summon pets"
    Clearly you havent heard of divine link.
    AKA easy mode mabinogi.
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Can the leak pet sweep?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 26, 2018
    Unisex wrote: »
    Can the leak pet sweep?

Any broom type pet can sweep, but they won't sweep up event boxes.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I meant to post this days earlier. You only need around 18 to 20 minutes of event broom summon time to complete the daily 30-sweeps. The time between sweeps is 60 seconds if you leave your broom summoned, but you can sweep 30 seconds after you summon it. This means you can repeatedly summon, sweep, and desummon to conserve summon time:

Summon --> Wait 30 seconds --> Sweep! (lasts about 8 seconds) --> Desummon --> Wait 60 seconds to summon again --> Repeat

Only do this if you're short on summon time, because in the long run it takes longer real life time to complete the 30 sweeps.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I meant to post this days earlier. You only need around 18 to 20 minutes of event broom summon time to complete the daily 30-sweeps. The time between sweeps is 60 seconds if you leave your broom summoned, but you can sweep 30 seconds after you summon it. This means you can repeatedly summon, sweep, and desummon to conserve summon time:

Summon --> Wait 30 seconds --> Sweep! (lasts about 8 seconds) --> Desummon --> Wait 60 seconds to summon again --> Repeat

Only do this if you're short on summon time, because in the long run it takes longer real life time to complete the 30 sweeps.

So the timer on the sweep skill keeps track even when you desummon?
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    If you change channel right after you sweep you don't even have to wait the 60 seconds of summon cooldown. It'll take less than a minute per Trunk that way, plus you conserve summon time. The method's rather annoying though.
    Sheena
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited March 3, 2018

no. it's just a shorter cooldown when you first summon than while it's summoned. here let me break it down a little better:

method 1. summon > wait 30 seconds and sweep > desummon > wait 60 seconds > summon > wait 30 seconds and sweep > repeat

method 2. summon > wait 30 seconds and sweep > must wait 50 seconds to sweep again > repeat

method 3. summon > wait 30 seconds and sweep > change channel > summon > wait 30 seconds and sweep > repeat

method 1 is for when you have limited summon time... like if you got distracted and accidentally afk'd and killed half the timer or something. method 3 like Beryl suggested is the fastest way but not good if you have a shop up or you don't like changing channels a lot... and it can also work for low summon time. Method 2 is probably how most people do it
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    edited March 3, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »

no. it's just a shorter cooldown when you first summon than while it's summoned. here let me break it down a little better:

method 1. summon > wait 30 seconds and sweep > desummon > wait 60 seconds > summon > wait 30 seconds and sweep > repeat

method 2. summon > wait 30 seconds and sweep > must wait 50 seconds to sweep again > repeat

method 3. summon > wait 30 seconds and sweep > change channel > summon > wait 30 seconds and sweep > repeat

method 1 is for when you have limited summon time... like if you got distracted and accidentally afk'd and killed half the timer or something. method 3 like Beryl suggested is the fastest way but not good if you have a shop up or you don't like changing channels a lot... and it can also work for low summon time. Method 2 is probably how most people do it

Ah no, I meant....When you ask the pet to sweep, it will do so. Then you must wait a minute for it to sweep again. Does this minute wait matter whether it is summoned or not? Given the evidence here, it seems that you don't need to have the pet summoned in order for the sweep counter to reset itself, otherwise it would be:

summon>wait 30 seconds and sweep>desummon>wait 60 seconds>summon>have to wait 60 seconds again because the "sweep" counter needs a whole minute to reset and you desummoned it before it reset.

The fact that you can desummon after sweeping and then resummon and only have to wait 30 seconds (as opposed to 60) means that the sweep time counter resets itself upon desummoning.

Does that make sense?

Ugh...I'm tired, I'm not sure I'm reading your comment correctly. I think you answer the question and if so I apologize. I'm just gonna leave this here.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855

nope
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Well, I screwed up the event yesterday... So what'd I do? Made sure I was logged in before pets and quests reset, so that I could sweep up the rest before changing channels. Win!
  • strawberrydreamsstrawberrydreams
    Mabinogi Rep: 570
    i agree! i have trouble staying focused and get distracted incredibly easily and have bad memory issues,and it is very frustrating!

i am absolutely in love with this fishing event,but i decided to fish while waiting on the broom's sweeping waiting time,i get distracted and then bam,i look back and my broom is fully out of summon time!

i think they should give the event broom a ridiculous amount of summon time while the event is ongoing and then change it to it's normal summon time once the event is over and you've received the permanent pet!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 4, 2018
    I just started using Alarms & Clock app on Win10 and it works fine for me. I set 1 minute timer on it and i can freely watch videos, etc. without worrying that i will forget since alarm goes on when 1 minute ends. I turn the alarm off, click Ctrl + V pet command in Mabi chat, tab out from Mabi and start the timer again until done.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited March 4, 2018
    I can't wait til this event is over.
    The rewards are... basically the only reason I'm doing this unfun stuff.

Mostly for the bottlecap shop stuff.

I don't expect to use the Zoom Magic Broom after I earn it, but a free pet is a free pet.
    Not for its combat abilities, it has bad stats (same as Night Sweeper) and hops around slowly when unmounted so it won't make a worthwhile Link pet.
    I won't ride it around because it won't be as fast as the recently earned free pet of the Hanbok Sheeptuplet.
    Not for its Inventory space, because it's bound to be the same size and shape as most broom pets, which is skinny, tall, and generally not offering much space anyways.
    And DEFINITELY not for its ability to sweep up Junk in a Trunk boxes after the event ends. Yeeeeeeah riiiiiight!
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    edited March 4, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I can't wait til this event is over.
    The rewards are... basically the only reason I'm doing this unfun stuff.

Mostly for the bottlecap shop stuff.

I don't expect to use the Zoom Magic Broom after I earn it, but a free pet is a free pet.
    Not for its combat abilities, it has bad stats (same as Night Sweeper) and hops around slowly when unmounted so it won't make a worthwhile Link pet.
    I won't ride it around because it won't be as fast as the recently earned free pet of the Hanbok Sheeptuplet.
    Not for its Inventory space, because it's bound to be the same size and shape as most broom pets, which is skinny, tall, and generally not offering much space anyways.
    And DEFINITELY not for its ability to sweep up Junk in a Trunk boxes after the event ends. Yeeeeeeah riiiiiight!

I feel like a lot of people have skipped this event and won't be back until we get a new one/new gacha. It feels like there's a lack of interest and a lot less people around than usual.

I, myself, have to admit: sweep spamming isn't exactly the highlight of my daily questing.
    MizukiHayama