Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How about that Cave of Trials?

NilremNilrem
Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
in General Chat
How many of you tried this new version?
Some rather difficult new bosses have been added.

I made it rather far myself, but then got promptly bodied by the Succubus Queen.

How far did you make it in the trial?
  1. How far did you make it in the trial109 votes
    1. I didn't even beat boss 3...
       3% (3 votes)
    2. I'm in the range of bosses 3-5!
       6% (6 votes)
    3. I'm in the range of bosses 6-8!
       28% (31 votes)
    4. I beat boss 9, the Duke!
       20% (22 votes)
    5. I beat boss 10, Master Lich!
       17% (19 votes)
    6. I beat boss 11, the Succubus Queen!!
       1% (1 vote)
    7. I went even FURTHER BEYOND!
       25% (27 votes)

Comments

• ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    It's my first time doing Cave of Trials and I was overwhelmed by the tons of quests we got so I just kinda rush it through to see what it looks like and got killed by Master Lich. His minions interrupt with my final hit before I got hit and killed by the bleeding status flame-thingy that makes you gradually lose HP over time and unable you to use potions.

Having said that, Idk if I can go further than that tbh, I only manage to solo the 4 GM mission that got Master Lich because of divine link..

Any tips?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I probably gonna be still stuck at Master Lich.
    Sphyra21Radiant DawnZintackSylviaWolfeSollJiantoTwelieClovis15VimiYangKoeteand 2 others.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited March 8, 2018
    Just reached the Queen. Gave up, gonna try later with magic speed potions.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Master Lich was easy enough but that succubus queen's debuff level...
    it took me a while cuz of meteor spam. Song of grief was a piece of cake.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    This is extremely near impossible to beat that.
  • kirbystarkirbystar
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    edited March 8, 2018
    Finished in under 90 seconds. Final hit from start to finish and then way of the gun last boss. Combat time was more like 60 (final hit) +10 (way of the gun) = 70 seconds.

OCvl0Ha.jpg
    Caterex
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    kirbystar wrote: »
    Finished in under 90 seconds

How did you kill the queen in under a minute? (presumably)
  • JiantoJianto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,105
    edited March 8, 2018
    I just started mabinogi last year, so half way through is good enough for me.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    Maia wrote: »

He probably destroy everything with godlike enchants, reforges, echostones, buffs, Final Hit, and Way of the Gun.
  • ShiftyShifty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    It's pretty easy. Just as easy as 4-man GM. 1 Fh is enough.
  • MaiaMaia
    edited March 8, 2018
    Mizuko wrote: »

He probably destroy everything with godlike enchants, reforges, echostones, buffs, Final Hit, and Way of the Gun.

I have like all of these excluding that I don't use guns I guess. I used FH w/forges and various buffs and that succubus queen just doesn't die. I guess I must just suck :(
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    as an elf, i was pretty happy to get to the duke honestly. first time ive ever managed it, if only i had final hit like you humans :(
  • MaiaMaia
    Alalarose wrote: »
    as an elf, i was pretty happy to get to the duke honestly. first time ive ever managed it, if only i had final hit like you humans :(

but you have final shot and elf magnum!
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    This year master lich feel more weak in attack~
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited March 8, 2018
    Alalarose wrote: »

but you have final shot and elf magnum!

nope won't work. Cuz we still miss with FS + Magnum + Vision of Ladeca
    ,miss 1 shot = death

Anyhoo, I almost got past the lich this time! Got about half of his HP down, then a stupid ghast got in my way.... They should really remove the ghasts for this.

Oh and if anyone wanted to know: I used Chain Blade on all bosses except the Reaper (i only death marked him). For the reaper it was mirage --> support shot --> magnum --> support --> magnum etc.
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    edited March 8, 2018
    Failed the first two runs at the Duke, got to the Succubus Queen on the third one and I couldn't finish it because of lame teleporting mechanics with her sweet illusion skill...
    56ba3b9534.png
    489db5c479.png

How exactly is this fair when she can teleport behind the wall, drop aggro and sit there while being unable to be attacked at all.
    I wanted to flip a pixel table when I had to leave. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    CaterexVimiPolicromapawcalypseSherriImaizumi
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    ;_: it seemed.. glitched.. I dont know if it was just me but when i was against Claimh solas, He didnt attack. I stood right ontop of him and was only hit three times. Kinda seems like they nerfed him. Also grim reaper Vs Barrier spikes, the spikes took no damage at all xD and i got one shot, so that was funny.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Wow, once you get past the Succubus Queen, the Song of Grief is so much easier.
    Why is Song of Grief AFTER that fight, lmao!

Also, I have noooo idea how to properly fight the succubus queen.
    Every time I thought she was taking a breather, I'd close in to attack, and she's do her flying kick combo and hit me with safeguard again.
    I feel like I spent 90% of that fight waiting for Safeguard to go away...

This is what I get for never having done Phantasm for real. :v
    I'm just glad she didn't summon a phantom and her ensemble of lolis.

Duke was only slightly tricky, because I think I've ran Peaca Abyss once in my life, for the title, when it was new.
    Also I couldn't see his mist, that gives that Bloody Duke status effect, so it was tricky to make sure I wasn't gonna touch it and die.

Oh well, I ran this once all the way through, I'm done trying already.
    I'll just run it as far as my unreforged FH will take me for the rest of my passes, because I'm laaaazy.
    Which is probably up to Duke, pfft.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited March 8, 2018
    I only beat like 5 or 6 bosses. does anyone know if the giant gold spider is a boss in the cave of trials like he was in mabiland? that is currently the only way to collect him for trans since the dungeon update and pretty much my only motivation for playing the cave of trails.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I only beat like 5 or 6 bosses. does anyone know if the giant gold spider is a boss in the cave of trials like he was in mabiland? that is currently the only way to collect him for trans since the dungeon update and pretty much my only motivation for playing the cave of trails.

If you get two other players, the 3-person boss of Alby Advanced is 1 giant golden spider, or three others for the 4-person boss which is 3 giant golden spiders.