Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Balance upgrades on weapons

WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
in Help
Now that we have tons of prof hammers...

Is it always worth it to sacrifice balance in the obtainment of max attack? I have a difficult time figuring out what balance is a good balance; I know what it does (it's the chance of what your damage would be on your min-max attack scale), but I'm not actually sure at what point is a the "ideal balance".

I'm assuming that you can increase your balance through dex already, and that there's a limit to how high your balance can go. Max attack, on the other hand, does not seem to have a cap? Which would make max attack an ideal choice of upgrade no matter what is sacrificed. Is this correct? Should you always choose a max attack upgrade to get the most out of your weapon?
Sourdough

Comments

• CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    Yes. Your dexterity continues to increase as you become more powerful, and balance stops at 80%. Balance upgrades won't be useful after a certain stat threshold. So I agree that damage is a better choice.

Speaking of hammers, durability is also a weapon stat that can be sacrificed when upgrading. You can consider cutting durability for more powerful upgrades and using durability hammers to restore the lost durability at a later time.
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited March 14, 2018
    Caissa wrote: »
    Yes. Your dexterity continues to increase as you become more powerful, and balance stops at 80%. Balance upgrades won't be useful after a certain stat threshold. So I agree that damage is a better choice.

Speaking of hammers, durability is also a weapon stat that can be sacrificed when upgrading. You can consider cutting durability for more powerful upgrades and using durability hammers to restore the lost durability at a later time.

Hey thanks so much for the confirmation! I had a feeling that such was the case, but I wanted to make doubly sure, especially since I'll take this time to prof all my current best weapons. And balance was always the stat that confused me the most lol.

And yeah, those dura hammers are pretty sweet. It's nice to have a way to restore a little dura, especially on limited edition items that you can no longer get.