Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

When cave of trials bamboozles you

Pie5434Pie5434
Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
Posts: 48
Member
edited March 14, 2018 in General Chat
I'm just a night owl who wants to do trials .~.
download%201_zpsel1ikt6u.jpg

It doesn't even say you can't do it Wednesday :l 12am-7am
download%202_zpszhwkgvcb.jpg

flat800x800075f_zps5fwa3gea.jpg

Hopefully, you can do it and CC and get the next days quest just like the street cleaning event or RIP night owls and Europeans today :(.

And before anyone says check wiki I did before posting this :) (I will be updating that you can't go on Wednesday so if anyone comments it's on wiki I know because I wrote it in so people aren't confused about it later on).
[Deleted User]

Comments

  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Posts: 104
    Member
    It isn't Cave of Trials but Festia in general that 'bamboozled' you; all attractions and mini-games are on maintenance during those hours (the Festia wiki page has this information). It would've indeed been nice if this were specifically mentioned though.

    I don't remember if this was even made clear in the introduction quest to Festia but when talking to Fez and Tia (and other staff) now, only Tia mentions those hours, but in a confusing/misinformative way:
    tia wrote:
    ...
    If your mini-game or attraction ends abnormally, or if you forfeit and leave the game, the results won't be reflected in your rank. The same rule applies when games end on a Wednesday between midnight and 7:00 AM. Avoid those times if you're looking to rank high. Don't worry, though! You'll still be able to receive a reward box!
    ...
    Wat?
    [Deleted User]yinatoGoldtiger01
  • LetrieLetrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    Posts: 3
    Member
    I had this same problem as well. RIP MY COINSSS NO

    this is what I get for having a terrible sleeping schedule
    [Deleted User]
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Posts: 48
    Member
    edited March 14, 2018
    Yea, I realized that when someone told me but I can't delete the post. Kind of sucks though for an event (I'd understand for a regular festia game).

    Or it's kinda dumb if they do it for the rankings to get the wings (I originally thought the rankings were just for show)
    [Deleted User]
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    I still say it's a shame they didn't take this opportunity to add some "Limited" festia achievements related to the Cave of Trials.

    That section in the festia achievements section is gonna be empty forever at this rate. :(
    [Deleted User]Blissfulkill
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Posts: 2,795
    Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I still say it's a shame they didn't take this opportunity to add some "Limited" festia achievements related to the Cave of Trials.

    That section in the festia achievements section is gonna be empty forever at this rate. :(

    The fact this Anniversary doesn't incorporate anything of Festia into the celebration event itself makes it a rather lackluster affair.
    [Deleted User]Jazmyn
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    edited March 14, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    aGXLOxk.png

    I think they're talking about the minigames... you can't get anniversary boxes from doing hammer slam like you could in mabiland... instead you have to buy them for 3 mabicoins each and the droprates are even worse. I've opened around 30 boxes and I haven''t gotten any of the romantic rose items. I got campfire kits, fireworks, 1 single Kanna balloon, and a ton of anniversary cakes. this event is just a bit disappointing especially since it's 10th anniversary

    I'm only looking forward to the hot times at this point because at least then I'm guaranteed something decent

    I'm also upset because I can now never finish my anniversary check collection due to the fact they pretty much skipped anniversary last year

    iLzBaQB.jpg

    ... should I even keep collecting these? :/

    [Deleted User]Blissfulkill
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Posts: 2,795
    Member
    Arjune wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    aGXLOxk.png

    I think they're talking about the minigames... you can't get anniversary boxes from doing hammer slam like you could in mabiland... instead you have to buy them for 3 mabicoins each and the droprates are even worse. I've opened around 30 boxes and I haven''t gotten any of the romantic rose items. I got campfire kits, fireworks, 1 single Kanna balloon, and a ton of anniversary cakes. this event is just a bit disappointing especially since it's 10th anniversary

    I'm only looking forward to the hot times at this point because at least then I'm guaranteed something decent

    I'm also upset because I can now never finish my anniversary check collection due to the fact they pretty much skipped anniversary last year

    iLzBaQB.jpg

    ... should I even keep collecting these? :/

    Pretty much, the events themselves are terrible. I do not get a cheque from clearing trials, the clothing are subjected to RNG, the minigames are not included in the event, Nao is dominating the NPC polls yet again...

    I mean the addition of the anniversary itself is very blase to me. Where's the limited tab? The minigames? Being morbidly obese for 5 minutes? The 100k cheques? Prizes aren't going to redeem a bad event.
    [Deleted User]
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Posts: 786
    Member
    I'd be a little more happy with this event if we didn't have NEW homestead items stuck behind TWO LEVELS of RNG. Like, stick it also in the coin bought anniversary boxes too please so there's at least only one level of RNG to get to them.
    Or, even better, make them so that they are an option to directly buy in the coin shop. :(
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Posts: 2,818
    Member
    We can all agree that the Cave of Trials is the only really cool thing here.. right?
    BlissfulkillTHICCthighssavelives
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Posts: 790
    Member
    The popularity contest is a nice touch, too. If only it were weekly instead of daily.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Posts: 9,185
    Member
    I think the "maintenance" thing is dumb. Lost out on coins too.
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Posts: 48
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    I think the "maintenance" thing is dumb. Lost out on coins too.

    Actually if you just do it and then cc you can do both (I was able to do both days still)