Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How about that Cave of Trials?

Comments

• VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    Managed to defeat the Duke once, claim The Improved title, and now I can just quit right after defeating Merrow, whose chest drops the Unholy Infinity Staff, BTW.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    You can also use the frames of Personas like Shylock's Step, Transformation and Demigod.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    edited March 13, 2018
    Update: I finally beat it and I found a countermeasure against the queen.
    Throw golems at it because they don't get safeguard by the queen.
    Demigod and Final Hit with Brionac.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    yinato wrote: »
    In my case in particular, I'm more likely to land the 15 shots if i just switch to guns as opposed to having wotg or vivace active.

ohh is 15 actually an exact amount of times you gotta hit her? does each double-shot count as 2 hits or 1?
    edited March 13, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    yinato wrote: »
    In my case in particular, I'm more likely to land the 15 shots if i just switch to guns as opposed to having wotg or vivace active.

ohh is 15 actually an exact amount of times you gotta hit her? does each double-shot count as 2 hits or 1?

I believe the normal amount is 30 hits, which is seemingly only possible with Elven Archery or WOTG, as those hit twice. Others that hit once probably hit 15 times but no to no avail in my case.

(Chains, Melee.)
  • yinatoyinato
    Mabinogi Rep: 550
    Arjune wrote: »
    Each shot counts as 2, so 30 hits in total. It's funny how they removed the queen's summoning mechanics, but left her shield untouched~.
  • DeolDeol
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    I beat it in 7 minutes and 30 seconds
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    kirbystar wrote: »
    Finished in under 90 seconds. Final hit from start to finish and then way of the gun last boss. Combat time was more like 60 (final hit) +10 (way of the gun) = 70 seconds.

OCvl0Ha.jpg

You're skill set is so unorganized and random...I NEED TO CLEAN IT!!!
    Tsukoyomi
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    kirbystar wrote: »
    Finished in under 90 seconds. Final hit from start to finish and then way of the gun last boss. Combat time was more like 60 (final hit) +10 (way of the gun) = 70 seconds.

OCvl0Ha.jpg

You're skill set is so unorganized and random...I NEED TO CLEAN IT!!!

Your* but yeah, mine is like that too. I use a gaming pad so the skill order on the screen doesn't matter as much as the order of my keys on my key pad.
  • XxBearslayerxXXxBearslayerxX
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    I've only ever made it to round 7, but I will make it all the way this year!
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I've tried the cave a few times. Honestly? I don't think it's for me. I tried, and you know...I think I did a decent job as I am. I don't think I'll ever beat it, but that's ok. At least I tried at it, right? I reached the Reaper, and I think I can beat him if I put a little more effort into it, but I doubt I'll be able to get the Lich. And I've never done Phantasm before, so I can just forget that idea lol XD

Not the best, no, but I'm still pretty dang happy with how well I did. ^ ^
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    any advice for fighting Ghast + Master lich? for elf
    @Hazurah Lullaby works. I use hide and crisis escape to pull it off. Then I whale on Master Lich with chain impale till he drops. I advise being tanky enough for this though.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    @Deol You can beat Duke much more quickly with chain blade than how you did in your video

FINALLY beat the master Lich. It took demi + wings of eclipse + hydra + chain blade
    But it ain't worth usin' up all my newly restocked MP SE pots so I've just been exitin' after killin' Duke (which I killed him once in like 3 hits which was so cool but unexpected and I got aggroed too quickly by the lich and his ghasts. The shock of the quick kill on Duke made me blank out for a moment too long).

I barely put a dent in the succubus queen's HP.........

I have no idea how to go at her. Any suggestions?
    Note: I am elf, I do not have gunslinger or fighter skills (they bore me and no I don't wanna get 'em tbh, especially gunslinger), I do not have a bhafel hunter or huntress. I live on the east coast so mag spam + FS ain't really an option. MY crusader skills aren't anythin' worth mentionin'. highest special upgrade rank on any of my weapons it r6 on my original sin staff and r5 on my stinger chain blade. I do not have any endgame type gear/reforges/etc. (Yes, I have been playin' Mabi for 10 years and no I didn't grind things in the beginnin' 'cept music stuff ;D)
    Archery, Ninja, Magic, Chain Blade and alchemy are my go-to skillsets.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    I advise being tanky enough for this though.

that is the hard part
    also, i live in asia (go figure) so Magnum spam is a big no for me
    edited March 15, 2018
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    @Deol You can beat Duke much more quickly with chain blade than how you did in your video

FINALLY beat the master Lich. It took demi + wings of eclipse + hydra + chain blade
    But it ain't worth usin' up all my newly restocked MP SE pots so I've just been exitin' after killin' Duke (which I killed him once in like 3 hits which was so cool but unexpected and I got aggroed too quickly by the lich and his ghasts. The shock of the quick kill on Duke made me blank out for a moment too long).

Note: I am elf, I do not have gunslinger or fighter skills (they bore me and no I don't wanna get 'em tbh, especially gunslinger), I do not have a bhafel hunter or huntress. I live on the east coast so mag spam + FS ain't really an option. MY crusader skills aren't anythin' worth mentionin'. highest special upgrade rank on any of my weapons it r6 on my original sin staff and r5 on my stinger chain blade. I do not have any endgame type gear/reforges/etc. (Yes, I have been playin' Mabi for 10 years and no I didn't grind things in the beginnin' 'cept music stuff ;D)

Sphyra21

Succubus Queen is considered the hardest boss, or at least the most tedious or tankiest, for she poses a threat against your DPS. Certain attacks impose a "Soulguard" debuff on you, which stacks from 1-3 times. It negates your damage more and more the more times it is stacked, with three heavily nerfing your damaging by round 90% or higher.

The attacks that bestow this debuff are her meteor spam, which inflicts one debuff a hit, her butterfly dash/kung fu with a pink aura, her pink orb spam, and her most devastating attack concerning stealing your soul, which both HEALS her and inflicts THREE STACKS OF IT should it connect.

Here's the problem with Queen. You can only negate the debuff effects of Soul Guard a few ways. Hit her 30 times while she is stealing your soul, which is seemingly only feasible with dual guns and way of the gun skill, or using elven archery with Shine of Eweca and Final Shot.

The other, simply task, is to simply use a skill with or action with vulnerability frames. Among these skills includes...

-Shakespeare Personas
    -Airplane Making.
    -Beast Transformation.
    -Demigod.
    -Anchor Rush.
    -And probably more.

Personas and Transformations make it easily dodged, but Anchor Rush requires good time at the last second, but is also the most easily available.

Avoid these debuff attacks at ALL COST. Use Attack Potions, BFO, the works. I also advise building enchanting your equips with an Ice Elemental to nullify her Ice Spear considerably, as these do absurd amounts of damage, enough to deadly an elf. Her fireballs are easily dodged, and thunder is a hassle, but not by much.

Ideally, for Queen, you should want to go all out unless you are a pretty powerful being.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315

Sphyra21

Succubus Queen is considered the hardest boss, or at least the most tedious or tankiest, for she poses a threat against your DPS. Certain attacks impose a "Soulguard" debuff on you, which stacks from 1-3 times. It negates your damage more and more the more times it is stacked, with three heavily nerfing your damaging by round 90% or higher.

The attacks that bestow this debuff are her meteor spam, which inflicts one debuff a hit, her butterfly dash/kung fu with a pink aura, her pink orb spam, and her most devastating attack concerning stealing your soul, which both HEALS her and inflicts THREE STACKS OF IT should it connect.

Here's the problem with Queen. You can only negate the debuff effects of Soul Guard a few ways. Hit her 30 times while she is stealing your soul, which is seemingly only feasible with dual guns and way of the gun skill, or using elven archery with Shine of Eweca and Final Shot.

The other, simply task, is to simply use a skill with or action with vulnerability frames. Among these skills includes...

-Shakespeare Personas
    -Airplane Making.
    -Beast Transformation.
    -Demigod.
    -Anchor Rush.
    -And probably more.

Personas and Transformations make it easily dodged, but Anchor Rush requires good time at the last second, but is also the most easily available.

Avoid these debuff attacks at ALL COST. Use Attack Potions, BFO, the works. I also advise building enchanting your equips with an Ice Elemental to nullify her Ice Spear considerably, as these do absurd amounts of damage, enough to deadly an elf. Her fireballs are easily dodged, and thunder is a hassle, but not by much.

Ideally, for Queen, you should want to go all out unless you are a pretty powerful being.

My suggestion is to use golems as a diversion to attack the queen. Her safeguard ranged attack will not affect the golem, but her safeguard melee attack does. However, this can help buy you enough time to unleash everything you got while the queen keeps the golem busy. Chain blade, Magnum spam, ninja, demigod/brionac bash it. Use shadow cloak (with master title if you have one), speed potions, anchor rush, and crisis escape for run away purposes. At any case if you are heavily safeguard, throw golems to the queen if you have a high rank enough to deal high damage to it.
    Blissfulkill
    Mizuko wrote: »

Sphyra21

-Shakespeare Personas
    -Airplane Making.
    -Beast Transformation.
    -Demigod.
    -Anchor Rush.
    -And probably more.

My suggestion is to use golems as a diversion to attack the queen. Her safeguard ranged attack will not affect the golem, but her safeguard melee attack does. However, this can help buy you enough time to unleash everything you got while the queen keeps the golem busy. Chain blade, Magnum spam, ninja, demigod/brionac bash it. Use shadow cloak (with master title if you have one), speed potions, anchor rush, and crisis escape for run away purposes. At any case if you are heavily safeguard, throw golems to the queen if you have a high rank enough to deal high damage to it.

I also suggest marionettes to act as bait. Thanks for reminding me.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    So who else is just going in and coming right back out? :)
    BlissfulkillMizukiHayamaJiantoVeylaineShaeliRadiant DawnHazurah
  • DeolDeol
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    edited March 15, 2018
    You need to hit the Succubus Queen exactly 30 times (or 15 gunshot clicks) to counter her souls
    Soul countering starts at 5:40