Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dressing Room Update

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'd like to be able to store multiple outfits, chairs and balloons (other accessories).. I think weapons is a bit too much, but I agree with everything else, especially what I stated C:
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 18, 2018
    3dkpfvK.png

This thread was...merged. :|

Anyway...

I am proposing that with the ever shortage of inventory and for those that love collecting weapons - we could use an interface within the game that could store and organize those weapons and other stuff. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of weapons, toys, and tools out there that has been released over the last decade. I think it would be awesome if we had some place else to put them, rather than trying to find them in our pets, or going to the bank to retrieve them, or even squinting through your bags. =P

So here is what I had in mind...

Add a user interface to the already existing Dressing Room. It would display the weapons and other stuff in there similar to how it displays clothes. Maybe it could even preview the weapon and contrast stats to what you already have equipped outside of the Dressing Room as an extra feature. It would be organized into Blades, Bows, Axes, Blunts, Magic, Instruments, ext. There would also be cascading icons like we have for sexes; unisex, male, female. But for the Armory it would be Everyone, Human, Giant, Elf.

Please pardon the crude example.
    (But I actually spent a lot of time on it in photoshop TT^TT)

qnG8han.png

So what do you guys think? Is this something you might want? I had some input from others about this idea and it has been suggested in one manner or another in the past within this community. I just wanted to give a more practical approach to it so that maybe just MAYBE we might be able to get something like this someday.

Feel free to comment. ^_^
    VeylaineJazmynSayabloody
  • MeriMeri
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    I've been randomly suggesting this since they made the dressing room, so I think it's a great idea! It's fine for it to function like the bank and dressing room where it costs gold to remove a weapon. The only problem that I see with it, is that if it works the same as the dressing room, we won't be able to put anything personalized into it. If I'm going to use a weapon, it's personalized; otherwise, there's no point for me to use it.

So thanks for putting together an actual suggestion thread for this.

YangKoete
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 17, 2018
    Oh and before anyone says anything about the equipment bag, you can still use that for items you want to keep immediately on hand.

And they could also fix it to where we could store upgraded or personalized weapons in there.

So HA!
    YangKoete
  • yinatoyinato
    Mabinogi Rep: 550
    Definitely something i'd like to see added in some form. The implementation of the dressing room freed up about 8 pets worth of bag space. Too bad this doesn't really solve the issue of there being special-coloured versions of weapons :s
    YangKoete
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    yinato wrote: »
    Definitely something i'd like to see added in some form. The implementation of the dressing room freed up about 8 pets worth of bag space. Too bad this doesn't really solve the issue of there being special-coloured versions of weapons :s

I always found going through pets to find a certain weapon or item was annoying.
    YangKoete
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Does this mean we have access to all talent combat styles from anywhere in the world?
    YangKoete
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Does this mean we have access to all talent combat styles from anywhere in the world?

No. This is just a storage system for weapons and other hand held items.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    This would be a very nice thing to implement. Major props on the image creation, by the way.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Gaea wrote: »

If we can access the Armory from dungeons, it means we can access weapons for all talents. It also vastly reduces the chance of running out of weapon durability in dungeons or shadow missions. Is this a potential problem?

The Dressing Room has exceptions to what can go inside. Will this Armory also have exceptions?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

If we can access the Armory from dungeons, it means we can access weapons for all talents. It also vastly reduces the chance of running out of weapon durability in dungeons or shadow missions. Is this a potential problem?

The Dressing Room has exceptions to what can go inside. Will this Armory also have exceptions?

dont think you can even use the dressing room in dungeons/sms it would be the same for weapons
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Imagine paying 50k just to withdrawl your staff...I'm all for this, but think of how much gold you'd need to use too, especially for Celtics.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 17, 2018
    Leinei wrote: »
    This would be a very nice thing to implement. Major props on the image creation, by the way.

Thanks. There was a lot of painstaking icon detail. Though I hope if this is ever implemented that they make better race icons than I did. TT^TT

Well as it stands we can't access the dressing room from inside dungeons or shadow missions anyway. This new feature would be a means of storing and collecting the excess weapons and other items. Perhaps though that is something that could change in the future. Also it wouldn't be a problem because equips don't lose durability anywhere in your inventory, only when they are actually equipped.

I would hope there wouldn't be any weird exceptions like we have with certain pieces of clothing. Honestly I wish they would fix that.
    YangKoete wrote: »
    Imagine paying 50k just to withdrawl your staff...I'm all for this, but think of how much gold you'd need to use too, especially for Celtics.

Maybe the gold sink for this won't be as bad. At least I would hope so. As previously mentioned that's why having equipment bags is still a good idea to keep weapons you use frequently still on hand. This is just a means of collecting and storing everything else if you want to.

I know there are quite a few weapons enthusiasts out there that love collecting all the weapons. This would help them save some space, and might also encourage others (maybe even fashionogies) to start a new collection. New journal achievements could also be implemented with this.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Thanks for messing up my presentation. :|
    YangKoete
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

GG.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »

GG.

TT^TT
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I like the idea of the armory; I have even mentioned it to my husband before. There are so many items, like backpacks or briefcases or the new fan's, that I'd love to have just for collecting them and to randomly pull out and play with, but I have no where to put them. My pet inventories are full of equips like that, and I'm just not sure they're worth keeping anymore.
    Crimsọn
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I support! Dressing Room is in REALLY need of an overhaul.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    I like the idea of the armory; I have even mentioned it to my husband before. There are so many items, like backpacks or briefcases or the new fan's, that I'd love to have just for collecting them and to randomly pull out and play with, but I have no where to put them. My pet inventories are full of equips like that, and I'm just not sure they're worth keeping anymore.

Yeah exactly for things like that, I might actually consider keeping them if I could stuff them out of the way in there.
    JazmynYangKoete
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    edited April 22, 2018
    I'm just more than a little frustrated at the moment that the Swimsuit I have been wearing can't go in my Dressing Room. Why can't it? Is it not clothes? All clothing items should be able to be stored in the Dressing Room. Can we add all of the miscellaneous wearable items that haven't made it in there to the Dressing Room please? I can't even store the swimsuit on a pet- why is it such an inconvenient item to keep?

Items I can think of that don't go in the Dressing Room...
    Swimsuit (F)
    Yukata (F)
    Siren's Mask
    Siren's Feather Mask
    Siren's Cat Mask
    Siren's Bat Wing Mask
    Siren's Wing Mask
    Siren's Glasses
    Mini Leprechaun Hat

IGN: Yoriden
    Server: Ruairi