Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gachapon Exclusive

BlueworkBluework
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hi guys, many items in the game (such as useful equipment) cannot be obtained anymore because they came from a Gachapon years ago. I understand Nexon is a business and has to make money, but the integrity of the game is at stake. There are two possible solutions:

(1) We need to add back old useful items such as the Chinese dragon armor sets, last released in 2014 Flame Wings Gachapon, to potential drop chances within the game. This won't remove Nexon NA's ability to generate revenue as these items cannot be obtained anyway. In fact, it will create a healthier economy and attract a larger audience to the game.

(2) Stop adding useful equipment entirely from Gachapons. Stick to simply cosmetic items. There are several other f2p MMORPGS (cannot be mentioned as it violates Nexon Forums Code of Conduct) that have successful business models through selling purely cosmetic items.

(3) Although offtopic, the fine reforge tools are very unhealthy for a game. Endgame content should not be only obtained through the cash shop. There is a very easy solution, add the ability to grind for them. Make fine reforges (very rarely) drop from dungeons, and shadow missions. Or, make it so you can purchase them through commercing.

Thank you very much,

I would just like to say that I love this game very much. I am a 4k player that is truly enjoying Mabinogi. No game is perfect, but I think the game could be a lot better if these very large aspects change within the game.

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Regarding the reforge aspect, Mabinogi does give out reforge tools at events from time to time. If you ever see the Treasure Chest Event where you have to kill Goblins on a stage, GO FOR IT. That's one of the big ones that gives those out. Downside, you get a lot of other stuff too. =T
    YangKoete
  • BlueworkBluework
    That's true, but I think there should be a more consistent way to progress.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Theres always a stead amount of reforges you can buy via in game money in belvast.

Theres like three set that do the same thing as chinese dragon armour set does

The stuff you can craft from dragons raids > Whats in gachapons.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Theres always a stead amount of reforges you can buy via in game money in belvast.

Yeah, but the problem with those are the fact that you can run into the bot sellers. -__-
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Leinei wrote: »

Yeah, but the problem with those are the fact that you can run into the bot sellers. -__-

They're never gonna go away not sense in fighting free cash shop items, only you are entitled do choose what you spend your irl money.
    Regardless of who is selling them
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

They're never gonna go away not sense in fighting free cash shop items, only you are entitled do choose what you spend your irl money.

That doesn't preclude moral responsibility not to contribute. It's this sort of attitude that propels many horrendous acts that are only possible via the apathy of the masses.

Of course, assuming anything IS going on. I was arguing against that trite line of logic. :|
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Regarding the reforge aspect, Mabinogi does give out reforge tools at events from time to time. If you ever see the Treasure Chest Event where you have to kill Goblins on a stage, GO FOR IT. That's one of the big ones that gives those out. Downside, you get a lot of other stuff too. =T

Except that we didn't have the event at all last year, they decided to skip over it for whatever reason after having it as a yearly event for four years in a row.

I really hope they do bring it back but it's not looking good right now.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira

That doesn't preclude moral responsibility not to contribute. It's this sort of attitude that propels many horrendous acts that are only possible via the apathy of the masses.

Of course, assuming anything IS going on. I was arguing against that trite line of logic. :|

At best its just people falsely generating Nx to buy items cause otherwise why even steal money from someone and make only 1/4 of your investment back.
    Literally makes no sense. "bots" exist in every game theres no way to get rid of them because bots are run by people. And people always find a way around problems
  • NeifirstNeifirst
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Bluework wrote: »
    Hi guys, many items in the game (such as useful equipment) cannot be obtained anymore because they came from a Gachapon years ago. I understand Nexon is a business and has to make money, but the integrity of the game is at stake. There are two possible solutions: ......

I almost made a thread about this. My idea is to take the old gachapons and re-release them for two week periods and cycle through them. Doesn't have to be in any particular order. It would give newer players a chance to get some of the older items and give people a reason to spend money on this game when there isn't an event going on.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855

but why protest this over sweatshops in the third world that make your phones and shoes? or the torture of not-quite-sentient-but-still-capable-of-emotion animals for your meat, most of whom spend their entire lives in pain and suffering? picking and choosing what is worthy of empathy based on how visible it is to you must also be that same apathy of the masses you are talking about.
  • BlueworkBluework
    Thank you all for contributing to the conversation. I would like a Nexon game master's opinion on this topic. Appreciate it.