Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A new way to have PvP! The Memory Arena!

NilremNilrem
Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
edited March 29, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
So, you know how a minority of people enjoy PvP in Mabinogi these days?

It has such a harsh entry barrier with stats, total levels, expensive upgraded gear, enchants, and reforges all being pretty much required.
Most people won't ever even bother with PvP with such a wall of requirements.

But what if we were to get rid of that wall while also balancing what can be done in PvP itself?

Introducing, the Memory Arena!

An arena of instanced 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 scenarios, or more if you want to get fancy. Maybe some special ways to fight?

The catch is simple: You don't control your own character, but an RP character of your selection.
All of them of course balanced and given appropriate skills, while leaving out obvious game breakers.
Stats, equipment, and so on would be balanced to avoid any one shot scenarios too.

For example, an early selection would contain characters like Ruari, Tarlach, and Mari.

Ruari with his claymore, slow and heavy hitting with an updated selection of warrior skills.

Tarlach with his magic, perfect for team fights.

Mari, with her bow, able to do high damage from a distance.

It would be really easy to add new fighters over time as well!
Just use people from all over the game!

From every generation, side quest, and even town NPCs like Ferghus for those kinds of people.

And based on certain RP quests, it would even be possible to go the extra mile and add dungeon bosses as balanced fighters too.
Maybe with some task to unlock use of them? It would sure add to the PvE side of things, thats for sure.
For example, to play as a giant spider, you would need a certain drop from it. Maybe fragments or something.

As for rewards, maybe a gift box with some goodies after a battle?
Maybe coins for a special arena shop, one that could also sell the option of more characters to play as?
Events and gacha could even drop unlocks for joke characters like Fez and Tia.

But this is just a random idea of mine, the ramblings of madness.
Let me know your thoughts.
YangKoeteSherriGembiMorshu32

Comments

• YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    That sounds REALLY fun. I hate PvP cause ya never know how strong your opponent's skills are unless you actually studied them.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited March 30, 2018
    These games like sound like Festia attractions, but actually fun. Maybe they should be part of Festia. That way they won't be as forgotten as Battle Arena.
  • GembiGembi
    Mabinogi Rep: 635
    I like the idea, but I personally enjoy real players with their own characters showing their skill. Because it takes a lot of practice to become good at pvp in this game. Maybe there can be two types, one with these or with the real stuff as well.