Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Well Played Nexon.

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited April 1, 2018 in General Chat
It's not even halloweens and U've managed 2 spooked me.

a30582.png

Imma have nightmares now.

scared.gif
KrimskramsoffwithyourheadsSherriVimi

Comments

• ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Same... out of all the mobs, they had to pick one I fear the most: spiders! :'(

1B2cv25.png
    RheySherriRadiant DawnVimi
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    Pfff eheheheh... I mean I know I was wearing a lava cat robe before I crashed but pfft... ehehheh. This just made me laugh.
    It hasn't happened before, I wasn't trans'd, I wasn't near any Rat Men.
    resize wrote:
    iDgmyWb.jpg
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    edited April 1, 2018
    What the -removed-... I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST MY OWN CHARACTER'S /MY CLIENT AHAHAHAH -
    boo's account:
    resize wrote:
    KhdPHtI.jpg

EDIT:

AHHHH AHHHH I SEE. AFTER THE "HOUSE" KEY, it's April 1st/Fools right? Ahh I totally missed that til I saw the thread about the House Keys 8D.

Ahh this was a fun...or IS a fun April Fools. Thanks guys, good job.

Edit 2 : Feel free to merge this with the other character selection mob thread: "Well Played Nexon." by Rhey. Forum threads should really be the name of the topic instead of your reaction or response upon it. *sigh*
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Chibisai wrote: »

1B2cv25.png

Don't worry. I got your back

2uy6jpj.png
    WolfandWolfKrimskramsSkaidrojumiTheNyanCatChibisaiArjuneSherriRheyMeyVimi
  • RheyRhey
    edited April 1, 2018
    1B2cv25.png

Yea mang!
    ~ Grizzes and me go wayy back as well...MUH_PTSD*Triggered*

ok1r3q.jpg
    Sherri
  • RiddleTricksterRiddleTrickster
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,585
    Ohhh so I am not the only one lol. Yeah it better be an April Fools joke as I thought. gg.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It sure was surprising and silly, buuuuuuut...
    I think last year's April Fool's thing was the best.

• MIIUMIIU
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    same here ;o i was like i think there is something wrong with the game then i though i think its cause its April 1
    Skaidrojumi
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    MIIU wrote: »
    same here ;o i was like i think there is something wrong with the game then i though i think its cause its April 1

Aha! Geez first thing in the morning and I've already been pranked...Gonna be a long day
  • FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Rhey wrote: »
    1B2cv25.png

Yea mang!
    ~ Grizzes and me go wayy back as well...MUH_PTSD*Triggered*

ok1r3q.jpg

Geez that is a old screen shot!
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Well played indeed.
    2Q8wwzY.png
  • JiantoJianto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,105
    Black succubus appreciation day
    Sherri
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    I dont know about you... but It brought back some PTSD from the black robe days :'(
    HarukariWolfandWolf
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    They ruined a good opportunity to give us a real scare and make it look like we all got black robed.
  • RheyRhey
    I wasn't around during the black_robed period tho. Is it more than just visual shenanigans? :o
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited April 1, 2018
    I wasn't around during the black_robed period tho. Is it more than just visual shenanigans? :o

Same here, can somebody explain it? c:
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited April 1, 2018
    Sherri wrote: »

Yeah it's more than just a visual thing. I was around during the tent scare. Supposedly, if you logged in and saw your character black robed, it means that your character's data was permanently corrupted (the black robe was because the game couldn't make sense of the corrupted data and therefore could no longer process your appearance/clothes).

Basically, you would not be able to access that character. At all. Forever. You would have to delete them and start over. Hence why it was so scary.
    Sheena
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Harukari wrote: »
    They ruined a good opportunity to give us a real scare and make it look like we all got black robed.

NO.
    WolfandWolfSherri
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940

Yeah it's more than just a visual thing. I was around during the tent scare. Supposedly, if you logged in and saw your character black robed, it means that your character's data was permanently corrupted (the black robe was because the game couldn't make sense of the corrupted data and therefore could no longer process your appearance/clothes).

Basically, you would not be able to access that character. At all. Forever. You would have to delete them and start over. Hence why it was so scary.

To clarify on the 'tent scare'; people found a way to supposedly just teleport you into a tent and then interact with your character to corrupt all the data. So people were very afraid of just being AFK and would make sure that they were doing an action such as playing dead or talking to a shopkeeper to prevent the ability of being teleported. The gist is after you traded with them or however the interaction would happen, you would be force disconnected and then when you log back on, aforementioned blackrobing.

And then there was a bunch of numbskulls using camp kits for 'BLACK_ROBE_TENT_442' or w/e just to spread the fear.
    WolfandWolf
  • LunarZeroLunarZero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    edited April 5, 2018

To clarify on the 'tent scare'; people found a way to supposedly just teleport you into a tent and then interact with your character to corrupt all the data. So people were very afraid of just being AFK and would make sure that they were doing an action such as playing dead or talking to a shopkeeper to prevent the ability of being teleported. The gist is after you traded with them or however the interaction would happen, you would be force disconnected and then when you log back on, aforementioned blackrobing.

And then there was a bunch of numbskulls using camp kits for 'BLACK_ROBE_TENT_442' or w/e just to spread the fear.

My friends and I bought a bunch of black robes and started wearing nothing but them and handing them out. We were walking nightmares.