Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[4/1] Dev Options & Storyline Keyword Leak!

RRMRRM
Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
in General Chat
So I logged on today to find that we had been pranked, there were monster models instead of players/pets on the character screen.

Pi3Z57K.png

But apparently they accidentally enabled some dev options to do that, because I went to my options screen and look what I found!

h8PSe7A.png

I tried out the WIP keywords... and you all know how G18 was kind of meta with the Milletians and "power level" showing up?
Looks like G21 or whatever the upcoming storyline is will be even more meta!

BXwZ8Ot.png

Or maybe the devs are just making fun of us...

F.A.Q.
Q - Are these real screenshots?
A - These are definitely screenshots. Screenshots of Photoshop project files.

Q - How come these options don't show up for me?
A - Probably because it's April 1st.
nevyn25IyasenufoussiremixCarlizeArjuneVeylaineSherriSpiritika[Deleted User]Krimskramsand 12 others.

Comments

• nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    and here I was... so intent on not falling for april fools jokes... you got me with that dev options one
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    Disable Dye Flashing? I'm interested!
    Sheena
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    This is so funny.

Good job with this.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Okay. You didn't trick me with font like that :p
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    I can't even XD
    The elf skin tone keyword though XD
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    haha nice one XD
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Bags in bags? Hahahhahaa
  • RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Greta wrote: »
    Okay. You didn't trick me with font like that :p

If Calibri is good enough for Microsoft Office it's good enough for edits!

(I just had to choose a consistent font otherwise it'd be too obvious at first glance.)
  • MeriMeri
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    10/10 would Dev Options again!
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    RRM wrote: »
    So I logged on today to find that we had been pranked, there were monster models instead of players/pets on the character screen.

Pi3Z57K.png

But apparently they accidentally enabled some dev options to do that, because I went to my options screen and look what I found!

h8PSe7A.png

I tried out the WIP keywords... and you all know how G18 was kind of meta with the Milletians and "power level" showing up?
    Looks like G21 or whatever the upcoming storyline is will be even more meta!

BXwZ8Ot.png

Or maybe the devs are just making fun of us...

F.A.Q.
    Q - Are these real screenshots?
    A - These are definitely screenshots. Screenshots of Photoshop project files.

Q - How come these options don't show up for me?
    A - Probably because it's April 1st.

Clearly all photoshopped/MSPaint-ed.
    Not to mention you didn't even need to alter the font at all. You could've just cut&pasted individual letters to spell out "DEVELOPER" (you'd be missing an L, but still).
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I'm not going to lie, I would LOVE to have that "disable dye flashing" option.

But really cool! You almost got me to check in options myself lol, until I read your FAQ.
  • GretaGreta
    Probably the best and accurate ones are Server Merge and Elf Skin Tone keywords. Seriously, know some people who have quit Mabinogi just because their elf can't be tanned, rofl. I don't mind this addiction, but come on guys... It's just a color, why drop the game and QQ for years over it... xD
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    buff elves XD
    Jazmyn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Should of put "enable fh for elves"
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Nice use of Cheat Engine.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited April 3, 2018
    Probably the best and accurate ones are Server Merge and Elf Skin Tone keywords. Seriously, know some people who have quit Mabinogi just because their elf can't be tanned, rofl. I don't mind this addiction, but come on guys... It's just a color, why drop the game and QQ for years over it... xD

Probably because Mabinogi is on an outdated engine, and everyone wants fancy new customization colors and a Beauty Shop UI screen that doesn't involve Beauty Coupons as our only option. I mean really, even WoW is ancient, and they add junk to it all the time.
    KR just needs to solve their little distrust issues.
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 3, 2018

Probably because Mabinogi is on an outdated engine, and everyone wants fancy new customization colors and a Beauty Shop UI screen that doesn't involve Beauty Coupons as our only option. I mean really, even WoW is ancient, and they add junk to it all the time.
    KR just needs to solve their little distrust issues.

If people want fancy new customization they could start off with asking Nexon to remove ridiculous gacha coupons and make all new customizations Pon instead. We want it to be PON.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited April 4, 2018
    if it was PON then people would just wait for the "Fresh New Look Event" to get them for free... then if they stopped doing that event people would complain and whine and cry.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Arjune wrote: »
    if it was PON then people would just wait for the "Fresh New Look Event" to get them for free... then if they stopped doing that event people would complain and whine and cry.

OoOoOOooooh, I hope you aren't defending beauty coupons.

Because that stuff is stupid.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Arjune wrote: »

Or...we could just simply not do that event anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    GretaTwelie