Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Praise the Comma!

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
in General Chat
They have been added. FINALLY
:D
KrissyPootelLeineiWolfenstinLongSlyClovis15[Deleted User]VimipawcalypseSpiritikaJayy124and 3 others.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Sigh...smh.
    Sherri[Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    YAAAAAAS.
    Leinei[Deleted User]
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Gaea wrote: »
    Sigh...smh.

I posted a suggestion in the suggestion area which would make both parties happy, though I hope Nexon listens again ^^
    [Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 5, 2018
    Sherri wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Sigh...smh.

I posted a suggestion in the suggestion area which would make both parties happy, though I hope Nexon listens again ^^

The idea of not adding commas, because one wishes to foster an environment where people will become smarter, is simply inane. It is stupid. Completely imbecilic.

Edit: Instead of removing this, I should clarify I am addressing someone else's reasoning, with me not accounting for those who are against commas for other reason.

Apologies, @Sherri
    GretaKrissyPootelLeineiTheNyanCatTwelie[Deleted User]pawcalypseSpiritikaOneConfusedMilletian
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    The addition of commas will make it harder for people to accidentally mis-price something and potentially miss on money their item is worth. I'm really glad to see this addition.
    WolfandWolfKrissyPootelGretaLongSlyTwelieClovis15[Deleted User]pawcalypseSpiritikaImaizumi
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Leinei wrote: »
    The addition of commas will make it harder for people to accidentally mis-price something and potentially miss on money their item is worth. I'm really glad to see this addition.

It works both ways really. A seller won't lose out because they forgot a zero at the same time someone won't get hosed because there was an extra zero on something they bought.
    WolfandWolfLeineiGretaLongSlyTwelie[Deleted User]pawcalypseSpiritikaImaizumi
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    AgentJean wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »

It works both ways really. A seller won't lose out because they forgot a zero at the same time someone won't get hosed because there was an extra zero on something they bought.

Indeed! =D
    [Deleted User]
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited April 5, 2018
    I love it! A great addition. I just hope my brain gets used to it quickly because it looks so weird right now. XD

But it REALLY is an excellent update; Never again do I have to stand there and count zeros just to make sure I priced my item right or just to make sure the item I am buying is priced at what I think it is.

Maybe the longer I stare at prices, the more normal it will look.
    [Deleted User]
  • KrissyPootelKrissyPootel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,445
    i cant believe there are people who are against commas.. LOL
    WolfenstinGretaRaishiiSorrowwolfe[Deleted User]pawcalypseSpiritikaJayy124Imaizumi
  • WolfenstinWolfenstin
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    Praise be, praise be!
    I practically skipped half the patch notes just because I was so excited about a friggin comma.
    [Deleted User]
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Commagain?
    VeylaineWolfandWolfHazurah[Deleted User]Erikapawcalypse
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    Bah, I thought it was some new forum tool to make people write correctly...
    [Deleted User]Kensamaofmari
  • AgentJeanAgentJean

Those agaisnt commas are probably the ones that add extra zeros to their prices. ;)
    WolfenstinKrissyPootelClovis15[Deleted User]SpiritikaJayy124XiokunOneConfusedMilletian
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    I no longer have to use my finger to count more than 5 zeros on one item. x.x It's a blessing.
    WolfenstinKrissyPootelWolfandWolf[Deleted User]pawcalypseJayy124OneConfusedMilletian
    LongSly wrote: »
    I no longer have to use my finger to count more than 5 zeros on one item. x.x It's a blessing.

Or Latin numerals
    [Deleted User]
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

yes, because not everyone shares the same opinion. :/
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

I'm sorry.
    [Deleted User]
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310

Honestly, outside of scamming someone for 10X the price, what's the issue with the comma?

If I have to count the Zero's before I buy something, I actually lose interest really quickly. I'm buying something because it's easier, don't shove unneeded work behind it.
    GretaWolfenstinLeineiKrissyPootelEralea[Deleted User]pawcalypseSpiritikaJayy124OneConfusedMilletian

but properly uses a comma in reply.

commas help, but were not necessary. i think it is because commas should have been added so long ago and the effort to improve other areas of the game is preferred.
    Wolfenstin[Deleted User]OneConfusedMilletian
  • KrissyPootelKrissyPootel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,445

well then.. like i asked before in the other thread, could you please explain the reasoning??
    [Deleted User]