Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Did you made any mistakes when you were a newbie?

ShouKShouK
Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
edited January 12, 2017 in General Chat
I started out choosing archery as my talent and the first skill that I trained is cooking. Without any knowledge of the ruler. You can imagine how well that turns out. Couldn't even get past rank F. Gave up. Then I trained weaving..couldnt get past rank E..or was it rank F hmm and gave up. Then I trained herbalism.....spending literally the whole real life day in solea cave and came to a halt at the white herb requirement. At the time I thought, ah.. it is so hard to rank up a skill in this game.

I also completely ignored events and just do my own things. That was during x2 talent and double rainbow event. I have no clue what that means during that time though. As a result, I became very squishy and hates combat and just focus on making money. Took someone's advice and started to train close combat skills and I couldn't believe how easy it is to rank up a skill in Mabi after the hell I went through ranking life skills lol Oh and I also overpaid for arrow revolver pages as I used the housing board prices for references. When I was a newb I though the housing board is usually double the true price but I didnt know it was that overpriced for arrow revolver pages.

What about you? Did you make any mistakes or was it smooth sailing all the way?

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    When I think of my newbie days I remember being told that if your stuff drop to 0 Dura you couldn't equip it again. So I thought that meant that once something hit 0 It would disappear from my inventory, so I never took off anything until one day someone asked me why my stuff was all 0 Dura and when I explained they simply told me that it meant I just needed to repair the item and It would be fine.
    SugarAngelMeyTheNyanCat
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 12, 2017
    My biggest mistakes as newbie was choosing Gunslinger talent at first and tried to use it as main talent lol... Couldn't do any damage and died too much. The other mistake i did was trying to enchant gifted by my boyfriend Lady Waffle Cone shoes without enchant powder and with rF enchant skill. It was destroyed... xD I was so pissed and scared because i thought my boyfriend will get mad at me, but luckily he didn't lol. Another mistake was that i named my Homestead in a very boring name. It has a name Homestead *random 6 numbers*. Because i was on hurry and also was too lazy to think of a nice name that wasn't taken away already. My newbie pets are named this way too lol. I thought i will not get too much attached to this game, but here i'm playing it for 4 years now. Talking about recent mistakes... I accidentally enchanted my Halloween Support Puppet with Frugal enchant... I was like "OMG cheaper repair and enchanting success rate is 100%!" after i enchanted and tried to put it back in my pet inventory, but i couldn't do it. Then i realized that this enchant makes your item personalized... I hate personalization. I also upgraded my Floral Fairy outfit 2 years ago and i was unaware of personalization on that thing too... Sad times.
    Helsa
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    When my boyfriend was enchanting something onto my thames armor, instead of requesting, I accidentally tried it myself and I killed the dura on it.
    Dropping a 61 HP totem cause I didn't know what it was for (Luckily my bf picked it up and gave it back to me whenever I was learning the game better)

Think that's about it for me.
  • NascaNasca
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    edited January 12, 2017
    I think my biggest mistake was seeing people use Transformation and thought it was super cool and tried to rush and get it. Needless to say, I skipped G1 :L. Another would be minor, but I basically when training warrior, I had no understanding of CP and didn't pay attention to ranking things like Windmill. By the time I met my mentor it was a bit late and training it was hell XD.

Keep in mind this was like... 5 years back, when beginner benefits only lasted to total lvl 100, so I was pretty screwed.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited January 12, 2017
    When I was new, I didn't understand CP and didn't rank Windmill up right away so it took a while to get to r1 once I realized how important a skill it would be.
  • GretaGreta
    Probably 90% of newbies did a mistake with Windmill training. Including myself. My boyfriend kept saying to me to rank it first, but i was like "meh later, too lazy" and such. I later regretted it, but Kitchen Dungeon saved me.
    Helsa
  • WorstnoobeverzWorstnoobeverz
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    Go as a mage without any good gears or weapon, barely do 300 critical damages with r1 firebolt at 200 Int. Go warrior and deal 2k with 200 Str. I literally rush as a mage and train my mage skills to r1 with free skill reset under ttl 1k
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    In my current character i didn't make mistakes, i already had enough experience to do everything well, on my first character i did a lot of stupid things like eating almost everything to keep my stamina bar full, my character was really fat xD , later someone told me all i had to do to solve that was finish a few generations to get a pally trans.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited January 12, 2017
    When I was a newbie, the game was new, and pretty much everyone else who didn't play on the Korean servers was a newbie too. I learned everything the hard way because practically nobody else knew better.

And those who did know better were keeping it to themselves so they could get ahead of the pack. What did they get for their schemes? They just ended up being the first to burn out and quit before the game ever hit its stride.
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    I started playing Mabi... 8 years ago. I played the game pretty regularly for the first 4-5 years. The last 3 have been very sporadic. I think my biggest "mistake" was not ranking windmill until later when my CP had gotten rather high. The only other mistakes I can think of is selling something for less than I should have by forgetting a zero or something. At this point, I just kinda say "woops" and carry on. Nothing bad affects me in the game any more. Can't lose items, dura can be repaired and gained back with hammers. Really the worst thing that can happen to you these days is not using enchant protection.
    Darkpixie99
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Greta
    Greta said:

My biggest mistakes as newbie was choosing Gunslinger talent at first and tried to use it as main talent lol...
    I actually did that, & literally soloed Glas in g1. I still say WOTG is op.
  • KinsenKinsen
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    Spent 1 year without the slightest clue about rbing and played regardless...
  • ApplezApplez
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    edited January 12, 2017
    played this game before it reach NA nad open beta. Still waaaay to many mistakes XD
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited January 12, 2017
    Kinsen
    Kinsen said:

Spent 1 year without the slightest clue about rbing and played regardless...
    What was your current level after that..? Did you hit 200?

• GretaGreta
    @Applez maybe because you are Ferghus and you tend to make mistakes? XDDD
    KingEphyApplezNekoLilyHelsa
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    My sort of biggest mistake was not choosing a gender neutral name as at the time I didn't know you could change genders in the game so now I can't switch genders without looking weird. At the time there wasn't any issues as when I started all male gear looked abysmal, but in the past few years male gear looks semi decent now.
    Darkpixie99
  • KinsenKinsen
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    edited January 12, 2017
    KingEphy
    KingEphy said:

Kinsen
    Kinsen said:

"Spent 1 year without the slightest clue about rbing and played regardless..."
    "What was your current level after that..? Did you hit 200? "

@KingEphy i honestly cant remember all that much since this was years ago but pretty sure i was under 150, but currently significantly past 200~
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    I first played this game about...6 years ago, I think? My biggest mistake was thinking that I could attack any enemy with my dual swords and suffer no consequences. Needless to say, I died quite a lot. Also on the character I play on now, I didn't bother ranking up windmill, until I realized how important a skill it was, and now my CP is way higher and it's harder to rank up.

Don't know if this qualifies as a newbie mistake, but when I came back to the game, I didn't know that elves and giants could do G1-3. So I got my falcon trans the old fashioned way and spent hours searching for those medals. When one of my old guildmates told me, I wanted to slap myself.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    When I was a newbie, I used to eat everything I found. Which was mostly cheese dropped by rats. My character got pretty chubby and I didn't really noticed until some english-speaking korean player came up to me and said "you are very fat" and people started making fun of my character daily. After learning about punching trees for hours on end and going on the berry diet, I became a pro.

http://i.imgur.com/J5hXWPI.png
    It was around that time, if I recall.
  • PlotticPlottic
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    Rebirthin' with cards at low levels and no exploration. oh the good days.
    SylviaWolfe