Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best economy update ever(Auction House discussion)

Comments

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    can someone explain me how to use this auction house to sell things?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 5, 2018
    dang search crashed my mabi with an "out of memory" windows notice. I haven't seen one of those errors in more than a decade. i have 16GB of RAM what is going on??

Searching on the auction board brings up suggestions as soon as the first letter is put in, which isn't restricted to what is on the board, but seemingly every tradeable item that can be listen.

Which is stupid. And annoying.
    Wolfenstin
    I can also sell offline. Big plus for me.
    VeylaineTHICCthighssavelivesGretaYangKoetePan
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited April 5, 2018
    So, if you select a specific Category in the AH (in the left column), then select Exact Match (right column), then you can type in what you're looking for, and it won't auto search after every character entry (thus preventing that huge initial lag spike).

Benefits:
    No more RAM being eaten.
    For whatever god-blessed/cursed reason, it also allows you to edit a search (without 'Exact Match, the cursor appears half-way in the phrase and you can only backspace, not Delete. Thus, to search for a different item you HAVE to 'Reset Search'.

Cons:
    It will NOT autofill; you MUST type out the entire name.
    If you spell something wrong, or don't spell out its entire name, it will not show up.
    You can only search for one category at a time; it won't let you search 'Total'/All.
    For something like Enchant Scrolls, you must double click Enchant Item, then select Enchant Scroll, then select Prefix/Suffix, then type in the name you're looking for. If you just type 'Moist' after selecting the Enchant Item category, nothing appears.

Housing Board Nuances/Tips
    You can use spaces in the phrase; not underscores like the housing board requires.
    You don't have to have proper capitalization; cressida shoes and Cressida Shoes work the same.
    Once the item name is typed out, you don't have to select it from the list; just clicking 'Search' will auto-capitalise.
    Turns out if you double click a category it expands the list.
    To add to the above bolded, if you click on a category and don't type anything, it will populate some items.
    Vania wrote: »
    You can also type out a few letters of the item outside of Mabi, copy and paste into the search bar to avoid the lag.

I will update this thread with more info/possible videos as I find them out.
    Pass the tips on, save a computer component.
    Spiritika
  • VaniaVania
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,065
    You can also type out a few letters of the item outside of Mabi, copy and paste into the search bar to avoid the lag.
    FroglordYangKoeteVeylaine
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    I can confirm that it does try to autofill for you.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I just go through every section manually. I don't lag that way, and sometimes I find nice things I wouldn't have normally considered searching for
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited April 5, 2018
    Another thing I noticed that should probably change is bidding. Let's say you're taking bids on an outfit, and you set the starting bid at 20m and its worth like 30m... people can bid 1 gold over and get the item on the last minute (assuming you can but I'm guessing so based on this picture shown below)

O1IoLp5.png

I don't like the idea that someone can bid 1 gold to be a cheapskate and snag it. There should be a bidding limit added (like at least 1m to bid on pricey items and 100k or so for lower prices) Basically, a bidding price range set.

Edit: Yeah tested it, you can bid 1 gold more on an item lol... And there should be a cancel bid button *cough* And shouldn't take the gold out before the end bid....
    TwelieBlissfulkillTairikuVeylaine
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    wait wait, they ended up buying a person's 20m item for 1 gold?
  • ChibisaiChibisai

What I mean is bidding 1 gold over, so it'd be 20,000,001.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I like this update. We're catching up to other games' modern standards by a few months every year. Maybe we'll get a guild welcome message one day.
    YangKoete
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Leinei wrote: »
    ROan2011 wrote: »
    I think there's a massive memory leak with auction house... I just got a not enough memory error which crashed my game.

Hope they can fix the issue soon. =T

if we didn't have such weird text rendering issues it wouldn't do that. Following optimization updates, we need less laggy font now more than ever.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    . . . . . . . . There isn't any way to see the name of the seller, is there?
    YangKoete
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    ROan2011 wrote: »
    Just download moar ram

https://downloadmoreram.com/
    buzYSum.png

lol

So... here's the thing. Mabi is a 32-bit application. 32-bit Windows has a 4GB memory limit, so only about 3.3.-3.5GB of RAM is accessible to 32-bit applications, regardless of how much RAM your computer actually has (my PC has 32GB of RAM, for example). While 64-bit applications can use up more memory as needed, Mabi can't.

Mabi also renders text very poorly. A large amount of text on the screen is what causes framerate drops/freezes in a lot of cases (opening the message log, going to Belvast market or raids, having quest markers on, etc.). With how the Auction House is trying to auto-fill search results.... it's rendering the text for ALL POSSIBLE ITEMS that match what is typed... which causes the freezing from just typing an "a", for example.

This optimization update has been pretty nice, and I'm glad to hear they're going to continue making such improvements. I know it's a lot to ask for, but it would be great if Mabi was converted to a 64-bit application (or at least, as an option for those of us with 64-bit Windows, which I'm sure the vast majority of Windows users have), as well as doing something about the text-related performance issues.
    Chibisai wrote: »
    Another thing I noticed that should probably change is bidding. Let's say you're taking bids on an outfit, and you set the starting bid at 20m and its worth like 30m... people can bid 1 gold over and get the item on the last minute (assuming you can but I'm guessing so based on this picture shown below)

O1IoLp5.png

I don't like the idea that someone can bid 1 gold to be a cheapskate and snag it. There should be a bidding limit added (like at least 1m to bid on pricey items and 100k or so for lower prices) Basically, a bidding price range set.

Edit: Yeah tested it, you can bid 1 gold more on an item lol... And there should be a cancel bid button *cough* And shouldn't take the gold out before the end bid....

Why should bids be canceled? All it does is inconvenience the seller over the fickle nature of the buyer. One doesn't simply "offer" to buy something, then back off because they found a cheaper item. That is rude, and an inconvenience to the bidding system. Which ideally, is what an automated system is suppose to prevent.

I suppose a compromise is a 2 minute cancellation period, but other than that, don't bid.
    MizukiHayamaTairikuYuting
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    edited April 6, 2018

Why should bids be canceled? All it does is inconvenience the seller over the fickle nature of the buyer. One doesn't simply "offer" to buy something, then back off because they found a cheaper item. That is rude, and an inconvenience to the bidding system. Which ideally, is what an automated system is suppose to prevent.

I suppose a compromise is a 2 minute cancellation period, but other than that, don't bid.

That is true, but the only reason why is I didn't have enough gold in bank to buy something else (and I was testing the 1 gold bid over on an overpriced eye coupon) :'D as suggested, the auction shouldn't take out the gold until the time's up, but I guess it is similar to bidding on housings (but housing I think you can cancel the bid? I forgot since it's been a while.) The ones who bid have their gold taken out for up to 1 1/2 days and that's pretty inconvenient in a way when you find something you want from shops and don't have enough gold

And yes, I do hate when people change their minds on bidding because they found a cheaper one

But then again, it's fresh so maybe there will be changes later on
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited April 6, 2018
    Chibisai wrote: »

What I mean is bidding 1 gold over, so it'd be 20,000,001.

well that's their fault for putting 20m starting bid on a 30 mil item. Also they can apparently cancel the auction at ANY point as far as I know... a friend bid like 7 mil on an argenta wig and then it poofed about 10 minutes later and said her purchase failed

That's pretty annoying because what if you stalked a certain item for the entire 48 hours and had your bid in and then the person canceled. I think I'll stick to auto-buys lol
    Alchemistjk
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited April 6, 2018

That's a good thing no rich elites can play favorites and if someone is just using it for storage they won't be bothered about something they don't want sold, lastly I think you mean you want to bargian but I think they wanted to make something along those lines but without talking to anyone
    Yuting
    Trythis wrote: »

That's a good thing no rich elites can play favorites and if someone is just using it for storage they won't be bothered about something they don't want sold, lastly I think you mean you want to bargian but I think they wanted to make something along those lines but without talking to anyone

I love this change. I don't want to be messaged by people wishing to haggle with me.
    YangKoeteYuting
  • KawaiiEveeKawaiiEvee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210

Also the problem on that is I didn't know how it worked at first and when I clicked to see what it did it auto took it and I started freaking, so I tried to see if the persons name was there but to no avail.... (don't ask how I didn't know even though it prompts, state of confusion ok..) So now my bid is going for 10m thing I don't even want and can't cancel it which I find really awful. Or it should at least display the persons name so I can talk to them about it.

Plus I'd be fine with people personally withdrawing their offer, its not like it didn't happen before this came out, so nothing new.

I do understand money being taken out before the purchase, so they can't be one of those people who offer but come back to you saying "Oh I don't have the money right now" which can be quite annoying sometimes... asking yourself why are they offering like 10m if they only have 3m. Most times I wait on them til they gather money though, unless its a new item that's really wanted/popular. Overall, love the new system, just a few fixes would make it greater and not so annoying to use.