Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What would you guys like revamped the most?

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Also increases in dungeon/mission chest drops.

Would it help if there were lesser reward chests at the end of each dungeon floor instead of all at the very end?
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900

Would it help if there were lesser reward chests at the end of each dungeon floor instead of all at the very end?

Maybe. But it's painful to run a shadow mission or dungeon hundreds of times over and never get anything worth it. Or never get that one item you spammed the dungeon for. I guess what I'm saying is, I wish the end chest rewards actually felt...rewarding instead of disappointing, if that makes sense. And I've heard people say that things like....was it radiant string?...There are some materials that are so rare that you may as well quit before you start.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940

Maybe. But it's painful to run a shadow mission or dungeon hundreds of times over and never get anything worth it. Or never get that one item you spammed the dungeon for. I guess what I'm saying is, I wish the end chest rewards actually felt...rewarding instead of disappointing, if that makes sense. And I've heard people say that things like....was it radiant string?...There are some materials that are so rare that you may as well quit before you start.

Make the reward for a dungeon include a 'credit' in addition to other prizes? If you get an item considered rare, you get no credits. Collect 10 credits to guarantee rare item? Credits are untradeable, items obtained this way can only be exchanged for another prize from the same difficulty dungeon?

ontopic for the thread, I'd like those burst/difficult bonuses worth using again, namely trans and egos.
  • Jayy124Jayy124
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    - Font
    - Spirit Weapons
    - Commerce System
    - Battle Alchemy
    - Fighter Talent
    - Part time jobs
    - Dungeons (again)
    - ALL Shadow Missions
    DaktaroLeineiRadiant DawnGaby5011PeloiOrangeGel
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Tairiku wrote: »
    PvP (has alot of potential, but the scene gets no attention to polish) and theater missions too, it'd be nice to see some attention to both, I know I enjoyed tms in particular when they came out and thought they were a fun little idea... even if the generation storyline behind them was horrid.

The fact that players have to create and define their own rules to make dueling more fair shows how bad PVP in Mabinogi is. PVP in Mabinogi is bad.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 8, 2018
    Pan wrote: »
    PvP (has alot of potential, but the scene gets no attention to polish) and theater missions too, it'd be nice to see some attention to both, I know I enjoyed tms in particular when they came out and thought they were a fun little idea... even if the generation storyline behind them was horrid.

The fact that players have to create and define their own rules to make dueling more fair shows how bad PVP in Mabinogi is. PVP in Mabinogi is bad.

Or you know... Don't play PvP at all? If people will keep on getting butthurt that someone used FH, Dischord or spam some other skill that's on them. I literally saw some group of friends/guildies hosting a PvP tournament in Mabinogi and the rules were ridiculous as heck:

21KmhBj.png
    adXBzip.png
    gaELOgg.png

Quite ridiculous indeed. No point in playing PvP if half of skills and abilities are "banned" from PvP. At this point, i decided to never engage in any kind of PvP anymore, because every time i try to then someone has to complain and make such "rules". Smh.
    Twelie
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited April 8, 2018
    Greta wrote: »

Or you know... Don't play PvP at all? If people will keep on getting butthurt that someone used FH, Discord or spam some other skill that's on them. I literally saw some group of friends/guildies hosting a PvP tournament in Mabinogi and the rules were ridiculous as heck:

21KmhBj.png
    adXBzip.png
    gaELOgg.png

Quite ridiculous indeed. No point in playing PvP if half of skills and abilities are "banned" from PvP. At this point, i decided to never engage in any kind of PvP anymore, because every time i try to then someone has to complain and make such "rules". Smh.
    Mabi PvP has literally never been good. As seen here apparently using next to anything that's not beginner skills results in being disqualified. There's even some try hards that have threatened to "destroy me in pvp" because I insulted them. The one time I agreed he spent like 15 mins typing out rules, then I left. Also, giant pvp accounts are grossly overpowered using said rule set. The PvP community is among some of the most toxic players I've ever met.

You want to challenge me to something? Lets go for fastest AAHM clear. Or something that doesn't have a retarded amount of rules for the sake of "fairness" Reminds me of why I stopped competitive pokemon over @ smogon, they have rules and ban lists so extensive that you legit only see the same few things ever being used. It's stale.

EDIT: If you're a pvp player there's no hate, I'm explaining why I don't like it. If it's your jam good for you, enjoy it.
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 8, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Mabi PvP has literally never been good. As seen here apparently using next to anything that's not beginner skills results in being disqualified. There's even some try hards that have threatened to "destroy me in pvp" because I insulted them. The one time I agreed he spent like 15 mins typing out rules, then I left. Also, giant pvp accounts are grossly overpowered using said rule set. The PvP community is among some of the most toxic players I've ever met.

You want to challenge me to something? Lets go for fastest AAHM clear. Or something that doesn't have a retarded amount of rules for the sake of "fairness" Reminds me of why I stopped competitive pokemon over @ smogon, they have rules and ban lists so extensive that you legit only see the same few things ever being used. It's stale.

EDIT: If you're a pvp player there's no hate, I'm explaining why I don't like it. If it's your jam good for you, enjoy it.

Oh no, i'm not. I totally agree with everything you have said. I don't like PvP purely because of how much tension and hate it can bring between players, it's so cringy and stupid. :D And making these so called "rules"... :D

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    We could just play Catching Tails for PVP. That's pretty fun to me. :(
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 8, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Or you know... Don't play PvP at all? If people will keep on getting butthurt that someone used FH, Discord or spam some other skill that's on them. I literally saw some group of friends/guildies hosting a PvP tournament in Mabinogi and the rules were ridiculous as heck:

21KmhBj.png
    adXBzip.png
    gaELOgg.png

I am glad the PVP corner in Dunbarton is dead these days. I saw nothing but a bunch of tryhard fools trying to self induce hypertension. I surmise they were likely a bunch of asinine whiny teenagers.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    no wind guard? no throwing attack? so basically "no giants" ? complete brain dead idiots made that PVP 'rules' list
    KokenTairiku
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 8, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    no wind guard? no throwing attack? so basically "no giants" ? complete brain dead idiots made that PVP 'rules' list

No everything at this point. You will end up going out naked with dagger using basic warrior skills lol.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I would like to see Saga 2 revamped. I know it's fairly recent content, but it was very poorly handled in terms of execution (with missions that nerf the player and make them engage in glitchy pursuits). It's so annoying, I don't know many players who would go through it again.

I know they can't really do anything about the storyline (which had a lot of holes and questions that never got answered), but it still annoys me seeing the Aces acting so... incompetent and ridiculous (Emain Macha Concert Incident anyone?). The Chain of Destruction update was a much needed breath of fresh air for these characters, as the writer for it actually treated them like they actually could be powerful and intelligent heroes of Erinn.
    WolfandWolf
  • KemalyKemaly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    We need a pet search bar. I have like 50 pets and looking for something can be such a pain, and a lot have it worse.

Battle Alch really needs to be improved because I used to love the feel of it, now I just bash everything.

More spirit weapon types should be added, and the current ones made stronger, with more conversations.
    Nifanity
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 8, 2018
    Kemaly wrote: »
    We need a pet search bar. I have like 50 pets and looking for something can be such a pain, and a lot have it worse.

Isn't Pet Bookmarking System purely created for this...? You can sort your pets in bookmarks and even name them. With that, it's so easy to find what you are looking for.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited April 8, 2018
    We need a pet search bar. I have like 50 pets and looking for something can be such a pain, and a lot have it worse

Although I haven't used it yet, there is an option already in game to make tabs for your pets so that they can be organized. You could make a tab for Life Skill Supplies (for example) and then place all your pets that contain materials into that tab, and then give each pet a note stating what materials are contained in their inventories. Just an FYI in case you weren't aware of it. :)
    Greta
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    The amount of CPU use per frame.
    Gaby5011PeloiYangKoeteTairiku
  • SeikoSeiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Alchemy.
    Demonic cylinder repair price is ridiculous and its not even good.
    Alchemy mastery still broken
    Summon golem ai still broken
    Barrier spike hp didn't scale to the new content.
    Etc etc

Lots of talents need a little revamp like this honestly.. At least from my experience, skills like meteor strike do laughable damage compared to lightning rod despite the huge cool down, in fact my fireballs nearly do the same as my meteors sometimes although I have reforges. Despite what everyone says I still find hailstorm to be horrible also, if they would just increase the base charging speed or range of it it would be so much better. Fusion Bolt is almost pointless to cast, it does okay damage for bolts, but you can't chain cast it and it takes forever to load 5, so endgame there's seriously no point in casting it from what I've seen. I'm sure the same thing could be said about any talent really, just a lot of unused skills now.
    Aero365
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

Isn't Pet Bookmarking System purely created for this...? You can sort your pets in bookmarks and even name them. With that, it's so easy to find what you are looking for.
    Shoog wrote: »
    We need a pet search bar. I have like 50 pets and looking for something can be such a pain, and a lot have it worse

Although I haven't used it yet, there is an option already in game to make tabs for your pets so that they can be organized. You could make a tab for Life Skill Supplies (for example) and then place all your pets that contain materials into that tab, and then give each pet a note stating what materials are contained in their inventories. Just an FYI in case you weren't aware of it. :)

Yes, but would you have to go onto each of the characters you use and create said tab? Or does it affect all the characters in the same server?
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited April 8, 2018
    Forgot to state in my previous post what I'd like revamped.

#1 - Font
    #2 - VIP (I still burn with severe hatred towards those remote admin office coupons any time I get one!!!)

Td6PVka.gif
    Leinei wrote: »
    Yes, but would you have to go onto each of the characters you use and create said tab? Or does it affect all the characters in the same server?

Sadly, yes you would have to create it for each character. :( I wish it was universal across all characters.
    Jayy124