Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best economy update ever(Auction House discussion)

Comments

• ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Is anyone having a problem with the re-bid box? I want to re-bid a different number than is showing, but it will not let me move the cursor. The cursor firmly stays to the left at all times, making it so that if I want to put a radically different number, I must add another zero.

So I try to change 1,000,000 to 1,500,000. But I can't move the cursor to change the zero to a 5. I can, however, make the number 11,000,000 because I can add another number to the beginning. This is....silly.

Press ctrl-a to highlight the number and backspace it. Then enter a new number.
    WolfandWolfAlchemistjkMaiaMikuV3
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Is anyone having a problem with the re-bid box? I want to re-bid a different number than is showing, but it will not let me move the cursor. The cursor firmly stays to the left at all times, making it so that if I want to put a radically different number, I must add another zero.

So I try to change 1,000,000 to 1,500,000. But I can't move the cursor to change the zero to a 5. I can, however, make the number 11,000,000 because I can add another number to the beginning. This is....silly.

Press ctrl-a to highlight the number and backspace it. Then enter a new number.

I love you
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited April 8, 2018
    I think I was wrong about the seller being able to cancel an auction midway.... but if someone hits the buyout price it will tell you your bid failed and make you think the auction was actually canceled. that's the only way I can think of why people get the "bid failed" message :0

So if there's an auction that has a very reasonable buyout price... might not be super wise to bid unless you really think no one will buyout
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited April 8, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    I think I was wrong about the seller being able to cancel an auction midway.... but if someone hits the buyout price it will tell you your bid failed and make you think the auction was actually canceled. that's the only way I can think of why people get the "bid failed" message :0

So if there's an auction that has a very reasonable buyout price... might not be super wise to bid unless you really think no one will buyout

Yeah, the seller can't cancel once someone bids. It's really fair that way so the seller can't back off or change their mind and neither can the buyer.

That would be the only reason your friend failed is if someone bought it for the buyout price or got outbidded
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

That's what I like about the AH though, you can take risks to potentially earn more/save gold. I love this kind of thing in games, in runescape I make all my gold by playing the market, it's fun to me. I'm enjoying the AH here immensely because of this, and because you can't just decide you don't want to bid anymore you don't lose profits due to wishy washy people.
    Chibisai
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

That's what I like about the AH though, you can take risks to potentially earn more/save gold. I love this kind of thing in games, in runescape I make all my gold by playing the market, it's fun to me. I'm enjoying the AH here immensely because of this, and because you can't just decide you don't want to bid anymore you don't lose profits due to wishy washy people.

I'm actually liking the auction house now that I see more of it. I can sell offline, find things cheap that I want, get a price check if necessary without having to ask around, the buyers/sellers stay anonymous, don't have to wait more than 2 days at most if it's auction.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Chibisai wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

I'm actually liking the auction house now that I see more of it. I can sell offline, find things cheap that I want, get a price check if necessary without having to ask around, the buyers/sellers stay anonymous, don't have to wait more than 2 days at most if it's auction.

I think the anonymous part is most important to me. I get a lot of flak because I buy and resell stuff all the time. It's not my fault I'm willing to be more patient but get a better price, or that I know the market better than some.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited April 8, 2018
    Once all optimizations+bugs(hopefully) get stamped out...the cherry on the icing to finish this off would be to make it connect to other servers. One global AH would be the dream. Other sales options can be kept around for the domestic markets if people want.

I'm praying super_hard 4 this 2 get implemented one day.

tenor.gif?itemid=8329872

I'd never bring up server_merges anymore if it happens so.
    YangKoete
  • ArjuneArjune
    Rhey wrote: »
    Once all optimizations+bugs(hopefully) get stamped out...the cherry on the icing to finish this off would be to make it connect to other servers. One global AH would be the dream. Other sales options can be kept around for the domestic markets if people want.

tenor.gif?itemid=8329872

I don't think that could happen no matter how much you want it. Each server has its own market and there would be nothing stopping people from selling an item from 1 server to another server where that item is worth more, then setting up a cheap item at a high price to transfer the gold over. there'd be a lot of people abusing it to get super rich or to transfer all their gold /items to another server

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175

tenor.gif?itemid=8329872

I don't think that could happen no matter how much you want it. Each server has its own market and there would be nothing stopping people from selling an item from 1 server to another server where that item is worth more, then setting up a cheap item at a high price to transfer the gold over. there'd be a lot of people abusing it to get super rich or to transfer all their gold /items to another server

Let em if they wanna jump servers that way. Char_Progress & Pets(Medals shuld be disabled) will still remain behind. Not to mention the taxes will eat quite a chunk if ur tryna take millions of golds to another servers this way as well. I think it's fair enuf of a trade off. :)
    YangKoete
  • spamellaspamella
    Mabinogi Rep: 810

tenor.gif?itemid=8329872

Except it won't be worth more on the other server if everything is in the same pot, because all of the items from the cheap server would show up for literally everyone. If anything it'll equalize the markets on all the servers. I'd be all for it.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited April 8, 2018

Ctrl + A and backspace worked for me. Nevermind, I see someone already saved you. xD

On a side note, Ruairi has a whopping 11 total pages in housing right now.... yes... 11. 3 sellers.
    YangKoeteWolfandWolf
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited April 9, 2018
    spamella wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=8329872

Except it won't be worth more on the other server if everything is in the same pot, because all of the items from the cheap server would show up for literally everyone. If anything it'll equalize the markets on all the servers. I'd be all for it.

This would actually break the economy really hard. It would stabilize eventually but that would be chaos.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited April 9, 2018
    spamella wrote: »

it won't be equalized instantly though, so people who are around when it first happens would take major advantage of it

it's not gonna happen. ever

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited April 9, 2018
    One of the problems with the Auction settings is that players are able to place the minimum bid, rather than raising it. This brings the auction process into an invisible regular price system. This means that if you want someone to raise from 5mil flat, they can place the 5mil minimum and buy your auction item without any visible bid placement notification.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited April 9, 2018
    yeah you probably shouldn't set the minimum bid to something you're not willing to sell it at
    Alchemistjk
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Ctrl + A and backspace worked for me. Nevermind, I see someone already saved you. xD

Yep!! But I do appreciate the attempt to help, thank you! <3
    yeah you probably shouldn't set the minimum bid to something you're not willing to sell it at

I've seen some pretty outrageous prices, but I've also seen some rare items whose minimum bid is 10 gold or something. And. Well. They can't honestly believe that bid is going to raise fast enough in three days to something that they'll like, can they?
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited April 9, 2018
    Auction house Mabinogi mobile app please.

Add squires.

Then I don't need to login anymore.
    PanTairiku
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    edited April 9, 2018
    I've seen some pretty outrageous prices, but I've also seen some rare items whose minimum bid is 10 gold or something. And. Well. They can't honestly believe that bid is going to raise fast enough in three days to something that they'll like, can they?

only if it's something people want the most... I've seen the Lovely Cupid 2nd title raise from 30m to 55m on the last 5 mins (it's not 10 gold minimum but it did raise fast enough :'D)

But you're right, a lot of outrageous prices
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Chibisai wrote: »

only if it's something people want the most... I've seen the Lovely Cupid 2nd title raise from 30m to 55m on the last 5 mins (it's not 10 gold minimum but it did raise fast enough :'D)

But you're right, a lot of outrageous prices

Just like AH's in any other mmo, the price doesn't really go anywhere until the last 5 or so mins.