Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why does NX expire?

rainLOVErainLOVE
Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
edited December 15, 2016 in Item/Premium Shop
awhile ago I received an email from Nexon-
that said

"We thank you for your continued support of our games.
This is to notify you that your unused NX on your Nexon Passport may be subject to expire."
and then it said the expiration date

(I was away from the game for about a year+ or so)

I understand that old inactivate accounts get deleted-
but why does NX get deleted too? out of all the games I played- the in game credit never expires.

I don't think it's fair that people take a break from the game, and come back finding their NX was all gone

It was unheard of for me until it happened- maybe NX should state this somewhere noticeable
(or maybe I just didn't read clearly ;w;)

thank you for reading!
Yoorah

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I heard somewhere if you submit a ticket you can prevent that from happening and even recover expired Nx. I would go ahead and submit a ticket to get more information on that and see what they can do for you. But yeah that is a very real thing and honestly I don't know why that happens either.
    [Deleted User]rainLOVE[Deleted User][Deleted User]Helsa
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    rainLOVE
    rainLOVE said:

It was unheard of for me until it happened- maybe NX should state this somewhere noticeable
    There are a few places where it states it expires and they even email you, but besides that point, I don't think NX should ever expired.

I used to apply NX on alt accounts and those have all expired, so I know the pain well. :(
    Since I stopped buying NX, I have to buy bundles of arrows every year to keep mine from expiring.
    rainLOVECquiles
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    Gaea said:

I heard somewhere if you submit a ticket you can prevent that from happening and even recover expired Nx. I would go ahead and submit a ticket to get more information on that and see what they can do for you. But yeah that is a very real thing and honestly I don't know why that happens either.
    thank you : )
    Sai
    Sai said:

rainLOVE
    rainLOVE said:

There are a few places where it states it expires and they even email you, but besides that point, I don't think NX should ever expired.

I used to apply NX on alt accounts and those have all expired, so I know the pain well. :(
    Since I stopped buying NX, I have to buy bundles of arrows every year to keep mine from expiring.
    xD; oh... well my alts were all deleted after a year break-
    so that i wouldnt know haha.
    i gotta make sure i use my main email for games now- since i never check my side emails that has... 200spams > _ >
  • IzaIza
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    It's pretty obnoxious, but like Sai mentioned, just buy a bundle of arrows or something. Spending any amount of it prevents it from expiring, no matter how small, so if you want to keep it saved, buy something as cheaply as possible.
    CquilesDrognak
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Iza
    Iza said:

It's pretty obnoxious, but like Sai mentioned, just buy a bundle of arrows or something. Spending any amount of it prevents it from expiring, no matter how small, so if you want to keep it saved, buy something as cheaply as possible.
    No it's not "Obvious".

What kind of world is it common sense to expire a currency?
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 17, 2016
    TNinja
    TNinja said:

Iza
    Iza said:

No it's not "Obvious".

Ummmmm............. He didn't say "Obvious", he said "Obnoxious".
    Drognak
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

TNinja
    TNinja said:

Iza
    Iza said:

No it's not "Obvious".

Yeah I saw that later, and decided to just leave it there so people can see how I can't read in 2016.
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    TNinja
    TNinja said:

Ktty
    Ktty said:

TNinja
    TNinja said:

Iza
    Iza said:

No it's not "Obvious".

Yeah I saw that later, and decided to just leave it there so people can see how I can't read in 2016.
    you guys are having too much fun hahahah xD
    it's a little anxious to read posts in this forum since the bg is all white ;w;
    I'd misread easily too
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Imagine if rl currency expired... O_o
    Helsa
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    Gaea said:

Imagine if rl currency expired... O_o
    ///spends my christmas money RN.
    wait it's not christmas yet. ///oh that's right i'm still broke.
    I think ill never live the day seeing irl currency expire cuz i spend them too fast//////