Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best economy update ever(Auction House discussion)

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Nobody on Ruairi is putting rare items for sale for less than what they actually want pretty much. There's been a couple of exceptions but nothing less than several million minimum. They do raise though; generally I think the people benefiting from the auction system would be consumers/buyers and lazy sellers who hoard but never actually put stuff for sale.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    GOODBYE INFLATED TARLACH MARKET PRICES

*CRIES IN HAPPINESS*
    Radiant DawnVimi
  • AlchemistjkAlchemistjk
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    edited April 11, 2018
    Are the "Average Recent" prices accurate enough to take into consideration? Normally I search housing prices, personal shops and buying/selling on here for my server for item price checks, and now obviously checking prices of same listed items. I can just keep comparing the "Average Recent" to the other prices I find but on some items it's hard to find them other places. I guess I'll just use it as one factor but not base my decision for a price on it. It only shows the last day I think and it depends how many of those items has been purchased too.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    There's a drop down to change time range: day, week, month. There's also a button to check the individual purchases, but sometimes they get merged.
    Alchemistjk
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I know for a fact that things like fixed dyes all share the SAME statistics... so don't look at that and think a black dye has sold for 50k each... it was probably some other color. There might be some other shared stats like that as well
    VeylaineAlchemistjk
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 11, 2018
    Someone in Auction House tried to sell rare books which were already used. Good thing that Auction House gives a warning in red text before purchase. Such scams are not cool. Even though it would never work on me, but some new players might get tricked.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Someone in Auction House tried to sell rare books which were already used. Good thing that Auction House gives a warning in red text before purchase. Such scams are not cool. Even though it would never work on me, but some new players might get tricked.

Good thing there are seals on icons of unused books.
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    Love the new auction house. One thing -- Can you add a "relist" button that will relist an item using the previous settings? Would make it much easier when things don't sell in a day.
    YokkaichiAlchemistjkArjuneRheyKrissyPootel
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Ekaterin wrote: »
    Love the new auction house. One thing -- Can you add a "relist" button that will relist an item using the previous settings? Would make it much easier when things don't sell in a day.

Definitely agree with this suggestion
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited April 13, 2018
    Ekaterin wrote: »

Definitely. Make it a perk for prem users if nothing else will motivate Nexon to implement this feature. Make it a tick feature maybe(?) to appease naysayers.
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    How do you get rid of the "0" when making a price?
    gL8sYuu.png
    (example 2222 instead of 2220)
    I cant delete the zero, it's always leading. I see prices where there is no leading zero (9999 instead of 9990)
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited April 13, 2018
    ROan2011 wrote: »
    How do you get rid of the "0" when making a price?
    gL8sYuu.png
    (example 2222 instead of 2220)
    I cant delete the zero, it's always leading. I see prices where there is no leading zero (9999 instead of 9990)

Ctrl + A
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    ...so dunno if this is the right place to ask but this is already a thread for AH? Anyway, how does the 'auction' actually work? I mean, I was top bid for an item and then when the auction ended i get a "Failed to bid" message? (Forgot the exact wording and didn't screencap it either because of the 'huh' moment).

I got refunded and all so it's actually not a big deal but, really, what happened there? o.O?
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited April 13, 2018
    roastedpig wrote: »
    ...so dunno if this is the right place to ask but this is already a thread for AH? Anyway, how does the 'auction' actually work? I mean, I was top bid for an item and then when the auction ended i get a "Failed to bid" message? (Forgot the exact wording and didn't screencap it either because of the 'huh' moment).

I got refunded and all so it's actually not a big deal but, really, what happened there? o.O?

That usually happens when someone buys it for the buyout price... if there was no buyout price then you must have gotten outbid at the last minute
  • AlchemistjkAlchemistjk
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    edited April 13, 2018
    How do people make their items time be longer than 36 hours?
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    Arjune wrote: »
    roastedpig wrote: »

That usually happens when someone buys it for the buyout price... if there was no buyout price then you must have gotten outbid at the last minute

@Arjune Most likely, lol. I was keeping an eye out for any notification for rebidding, but, just like you said, someone must have beaten my bid by the very last second xD; I guess it just stunned me since i didn't expect anyone would be interested enough to outbid since the item was old and not as popular as its first release.

Although to topic, yeah this is the best economy/'merchant tool' update the game had. I can sell stuff without ruining my laptop for staying online and I don't have to deal with people asking to 'hold' the item for them and then back off from the deal in the end.
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 14, 2018

I KNOW RIGHT!? I thought i was seeing things too! It's weird how no one else mentioned this earlier before!

Seriously... Any ideas how they do that?
    Alchemistjk
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited April 14, 2018

I KNOW RIGHT!? I thought i was seeing things too! It's weird how no one else mentioned this earlier before!

I went to the "help" button listed in the top right corner of the Auction house, and it said (under the Auction House Benefits) that if you also have housing you'll also get additional sale listing time. I guess that's what that is. So it's...kindof?...an update on service...?
    Alchemistjk
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 14, 2018

I went to the "help" button listed in the top right corner of the Auction house, and it said (under the Auction House Benefits) that if you also have housing you'll also get additional sale listing time. I guess that's what that is. So it's...kindof?...an update on service...?

Wow... Lol. To be honest, Housing system should just die now since everyone can have AH for free and i think i heard that KR Housing has died? Unless i remember it wrong. And also doesn't KR have Housing in HS now?
    Alchemistjk
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    why can't gamyu armor be sold on the auction house :(
    why not just make it show up in both armor and clothes category