Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Market Prices Discussion

Comments

• ErydanosErydanos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    edited January 11, 2017
    Twln
    Twln said:

It doesn't matter if the buyer agrees or not. If its a rare item, they're gonna do everything in their power (which includes selling reforges / gacha) to get said item.

Lets just agree your eceonomy will not be fixed anytime soon
    Well, then. It's not my fault kiddies can't wait to have the latest trend item. Because everyone just rushes to buy, the high price sticks and is thought as the normal price.

• mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    I price my stuff on what seems to be average and will actually sell. I'm alright with dropping my prices a bit and working with people, but as long as they're not practically scams, and I'm willing to work with people who can't really afford it if they needed. I just aim to please, even if I end up getting a bit less. I mean, as long as I'm not suffering and broke as hell, I'm good. But I do agree with the need to have an average market price out there, it'd be nice. :')
  • TwlnTwln
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Erydanos
    Erydanos said:

Twln
    Twln said:

It doesn't matter if the buyer agrees or not. If its a rare item, they're gonna do everything in their power (which includes selling reforges / gacha) to get said item.

Lets just agree your eceonomy will not be fixed anytime soon
    Well, then. It's not my fault kiddies can't wait to have the latest trend item. Because everyone just rushes to buy, the high price sticks and is thought as the normal price.

lol you're not the one im faulting , or even nexon
  • SinsAndFalseAlarmsSinsAndFalseAlarms
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    mintiel
    [I price my stuff on what seems to be average and will actually sell. I'm alright with dropping my prices a bit and working with people, but as long as they're not practically scams, and I'm willing to work with people who can't really afford it if they needed. I just aim to please, even if I end up getting a bit less. I mean, as long as I'm not suffering and broke as hell, I'm good. But I do agree with the need to have an average market price out there, it'd be nice. :')]

I dunno, BDO had a set price market. Pretty much took all player agency away from it, because you HAD to list at the market price.

I'd like a better housing board that didn't have that stupid 5m limit when it comes to housing storage for gold. Maybe one that includes recent trends for certain items. Like, in the last 30 days, this item sold X amount of times for an average of Y amount of gold.

Policroma
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited January 12, 2017
    Simple.

Minimum Price (Doesn't mean it's going to be always 1 Gold. The price that SELLERS actually sold with it.)
    Mean/Median Price (Average price ; marketprice.)
    Maximum Price (Doesn't mean it's going to be over 999mil. The price that BUYERS actually bought with it.)

However, it's always up to seller/buyers. There shouldn't be "Fixed price" unless something terrible happen. Plus, "marketprice" does not work on something that's extremely rare or unique, including reforged/enchanted gears unless people keep bringing them out to market. (At that point it won't be rare or unique anymore though)
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited January 12, 2017
    (Quote begins here.)
    Twln
    Twln said:

And whats stopping people who have rare items from contacting eachother and agreeing to spike the price. Knowing theres no other method / person to obtain these items?

this is worth 50? how about you sell for 80 and i sell for 75?''
    ''80m isn't too much. one guy sold it for 75''

(Quote ends here.)

A bit of common sense to be honest.

If you don't agree to a price, don't buy the item. It's really that dang simple. If it's not some sort of anime-related item, it'll be back again, and in greater numbers.

We saw this back when a certain group of annoyances was controlling the price of angel wings on Alexina. They were never particularly rare, but highly desired. They started between 7-15 mil, then that group bought up as many as they could, and started pricing out the nose for them. They were routinely selling for 80-120mil. THERE WAS NO REASON TO BUY AT THOSE PRICES. AT ALL. Especially when there were plenty of reasonably priced alternatives, such as guardian wings.

Don't like don't buy isn't just a troll answer. It's just sense. Don't reward merchs for screwing you over. It's not like you're buying food and shelter here. The more that people wise up, the less control these yahoos have.
    GretaErydanosDaktaro
  • TwlnTwln
    Policroma
    Policroma said:

(Quote begins here.)
    Twln
    Twln said:

And whats stopping people who have rare items from contacting eachother and agreeing to spike the price. Knowing theres no other method / person to obtain these items?

this is worth 50? how about you sell for 80 and i sell for 75?''
    ''80m isn't too much. one guy sold it for 75''

(Quote ends here.)

A bit of common sense to be honest.

If you don't agree to a price, don't buy the item. It's really that dang simple. If it's not some sort of anime-related item, it'll be back again, and in greater numbers.

We saw this back when a certain group of annoyances was controlling the price of angel wings on Alexina. They were never particularly rare, but highly desired. They started between 7-15 mil, then that group bought up as many as they could, and started pricing out the nose for them. They were routinely selling for 80-120mil. THERE WAS NO REASON TO BUY AT THOSE PRICES. AT ALL. Especially when there were plenty of reasonably priced alternatives, such as guardian wings.

Don't like don't buy isn't just a troll answer. It's just sense. Don't reward merchs for screwing you over. It's not like you're buying food and shelter here. The more that people wise up, the less control these yahoos have.

to you those angel wings look alike, but others may like only that pair. who says they're coming back soon? if not for years like some rare items.common sense also tells you that sir

also you proved my point. people can easily manpulate this market and get massive money because it has a major error that only rich people can defend. totally stupidified to the struggle of begginers / mid players. Which means . Pay attention to this part

More beginners will be turned off towards this ecenomy and not play longer

Your lack of consideration for people is exactly why people are leaving

@Sinsandfalsealarm

Those are completely different games with similar ideas. While bdo is obviously superior, mabi should only be compared to games in its league
    Twln
    [Those are completely different games with similar ideas. While bdo is obviously superior, mabi should only be compared to games in its league]

Eh, I didn't like how NA BDO handled itself, similar to how I dislike how Mabinogi handles itself almost everywhere. I can compare markets in games all I want, regardless of their league. Just like I can compare graphics of games regardless of their leagues. Or combat styles. I'm not comparing the entire game to another, just one small snippet of it. Which is fine.
  • TwlnTwln
    SinsAndFalseAlarms

Twln
    [Those are completely different games with similar ideas. While bdo is obviously superior, mabi should only be compared to games in its league]

Eh, I didn't like how NA BDO handled itself, similar to how I dislike how Mabinogi handles itself almost everywhere. I can compare markets in games all I want, regardless of their league. Just like I can compare graphics of games regardless of their leagues. Or combat styles. I'm not comparing the entire game to another, just one small snippet of it. Which is fine.
    Well go ahead sir, you'r more than free to. :o

I think the market place in BDO is 100% better.in away , it gives life skills a purpose . Not counting what its already viable for (like alchemy crystals / food buffs / making beer to feed workers / selling beer for a profit on the market) because you can make bank off doing any of them minus horse training / selling because RNG for producing higher tier horses + training is bad for stable money)

of course the best part of bdo's ecenomy is how pve c0an give you effective money at all levels.without spending a single dime (tho you can sell customs for money, its horribly bad for a sell to gain ratio unlike reforges. and very limit) higher leveled characters can obviously make more. it jsut doesn't feel as toxic as mabi and far more stable, which i love : 3
    I'm not using the quote feature anymore because it's not actually a feature, it's just lies.

I think BDOs market is hot garbage because of how limiting it is with your pricing. It's not a competitive market, it's just "list this at X price because you kind of HAVE to and that's it."

Which is garbage. Sometimes the work and effort put into certain things deserve more or less money than what the game forces you to take.

Mabinogi's market needs some improvement when it comes to tracking the trends of an item selling, but if it was like BDOs I would never sell anything because I'd vomit.
  • TwlnTwln
    edited January 12, 2017
    SinsAndFalseAlarms

I'm not using the quote feature anymore because it's not actually a feature, it's just lies.

I think BDOs market is hot garbage because of how limiting it is with your pricing. It's not a competitive market, it's just "list this at X price because you kind of HAVE to and that's it."

Which is garbage. Sometimes the work and effort put into certain things deserve more or less money than what the game forces you to take.

Mabinogi's market needs some improvement when it comes to tracking the trends of an item selling, but if it was like BDOs I would never sell anything because I'd vomit.

Do you even play black desert? and no i don't mean watching some videos them forming a opinion, or playing for a day and stopping at lvl20

*looks at your name*

nvm, you favoring mabi makes sense
    I played on the Russian servers before it came here, and then played NA and stopped a little before they released the Valencia content because it was definitely not worth the money I spent. I was somewhere in the 40s on my main, with a few alt classes I played with for funsies to try them out.

But okay champ.
  • TwlnTwln
    edited January 12, 2017
    SinsAndFalseAlarms

I played on the Russian servers before it came here, and then played NA and stopped a little before they released the Valencia content because it was definitely not worth the money I spent. I was somewhere in the 40s on my main, with a few alt classes I played with for funsies to try them out.

But okay champ.
    you making lvl 42 in bod is like getting to ttl 1000 and mabi and forming a opinion on endgame. not really valid enough to matter, but you almost got idea champ :)
    *thumnbs ups *

i literally got to lv44 by doingg nothing but fishing for relics to repair my boss weapons for my main. it would be 50 something, but I keep SDing to stay under lvl50 to avoid fishing PKers
    edited January 12, 2017
    The max level at the time was 50. Making it to mid 40s was perfectly fine. Making it to 30s on alts AS WELL was also fine. I had enough play time. I can form opinions if I want.

Having to stay under 50 to avoid PKers sounds ridiculous. Step it up and fight for those fish like a real player would.

The market was garbage.

"You don't have the same opinion as me so obviously you didn't play" is what it sounds like you're saying, and it sounds stupid. I. Did. Not. Like. BDOs. Market. That is a perfectly acceptable opinion that many people share, regardless of if they played 20 minutes, 20 weeks, or 20 months(which I don't think is possible).

Your opinions also aren't valid enough to matter since you're absolute garbage at presenting them in unbiased manners.

Also: In response to this:

[*looks at your name*

nvm, you favoring mabi makes sense]

It's actually a reference to a song, not Mabi at all, but since you probably barely play this game I can see why you'd make such a GIGANTIC logical leap. Good job
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    "you making lvl 42 in bod is like getting to ttl 1000 and mabi and forming a opinion on endgame."

Market isn't really 'endgame' stuff. Market opinions can be formed at literally any stage of the game, on both games. At level 30(iirc), on Mabi, you can start buying gachas and hop in to the market scene.

I would hate bdo's broken market to be put in to Mabi. Feels bad man.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 12, 2017
    The market in BDO was down right terrible. It wasn't even a market...it's honestly part of the reason why I stopped playing. Player markets make games interesting and the complete lack of one in BDO killed it.

I'll be 100% honest here, every issue that you see in the mabinogi market is a issue in the real work. Wealthy players (people) holding most of the assets. Groups of players (businesses) controlling certain products. And the absolute worst thing about the game is that 98% of the good assets come from gacha. At least in the real world people who farm or work a trade good make good money. In our game you can't really get anywhere by playing, it almost all comes from spending money.

Side Note : I did make it to the top 10 players on the server at one point. Killed tons of people, and grinding for gear in BDO. I played it a **** ton. I did stop shortly after Mediah but I played it hard. The market in that game was absolute garbage. It wasn't even a market. It was "Farm up XXX items and get between XXX-XXX gold guaranteed". Everything had a price tag on it and it sucked. Not to mention not being able to trade things, give things away, or even barter made it even worse.

Double Edit : At least we have a full fledged auction house coming to mabi soon.
    MissFortuneSinsAndFalseAlarmsDaktaro
    Sssshhh. No Joey. You don't like the market, you must've only played for like 3 seconds. :U
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 12, 2017
    http://puu.sh/qhvpP/d4992b04a2.png

Hopefully we get this soon though.
  • TwlnTwln
    @JoeyDee If bdo is terrible, what is mabinogi then? I can go out and buy 300 dollars worth of nexon and earn massive money. In the mmo world, thats not really respectable, hence why mabi is below BDO not only to me, but all the players who quit mabi for it / its overwhealming community. even when a minor bit of p2w hit bdo market place , our most respected member regarded nexon as a pay2win game that will fade away adventually while grasping for all the money it can. \\

@MissFourtuneyou're a sweet person, i'll let that one go because you work for nexon

@Sinsor whatever Boy please, i've played this game since g1, 2008. I was there for this game at its hypest, and watch it fall to a point where the same few people defend its short comings I was there when g16s2 happen. ladaniel, minto,, light dark snak, mabi nerd and so many people quit. You honestly fail to see the big picture, and the game will die because of people like yo

Butheres a fact for you. All the things mabi doesn't watnt to do, bdo has done, and have more people. Your opinion may be aganist something like BDO, but that will never change it has a bigge rfollowing and more respected game (despite its short comings in some areas) and nice try to attemp to miminze my opinion on mabi

And nice try attempting to minimize my opinions on BDO. I also played Mabinogi since 2008-2009 or so. Or, let me guess, you just ASSUMED that I've only been playing like a month? Maybe something like that. You're amazing at assuming, and you know what they say about THAT, sir.

Literally this was a discussion about the market, not which game is superior. BDO has some good things, I'm sure. Combat is nice, graphics are wonderful. I'm sure there's something else. I liked the guilds? Meh. You got your panties in a twist, boyo, because we're not kissing the ground BDO walks on and can criticize it for it's flaws.

"I'll let that one go because you work for nexon" is funny because 1) volunteer, not employee, and 2) blatant butt kissery to suspected employees of Nexon. lel