Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please turn allow to turn off Chainblade skills

OvernOvern
Mabinogi Rep: 535
edited April 11, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Something that's bothered me since I came back, is that when I went to learn the Chainblade skills.. I got permanently stuck with the dorcha bar and that passive skill that occasionally flashes to fill it up. That's all fine and good, but I'm not using a chainblade at all.. and It would be very nice if they only worked/showed up on screen if you had one on your person.
i.e: Either in the Main or Secondary Weapon slots.

I ask for this since it's quite distracting to have an extra bar or icon (since you can minimise it into a small icon) and random unpredictable flashes.
I've been told by someone that they don't have this problem.. but I don't know if they actually have said skills.
Hisame621

Comments

• OvernOvern
    Rest is a very bad example here, since you're not always "sitting down". I personally rarely use rest as well, especially since it's such a pain to get to a decent rank where it's worth it thanks to the need of books obtained in obscure or complete rng ways. Same with the other recovery (and composing) skills. But all of those are only active when they are being purposefully used. (on the note of rng, I've tried to get the meditation book from Barri basic about 100 times now and no luck.)

Dorcha and Bachram however, I am not actively trying to use.. and in fact the benefits of Bachram only get in the way most the time when I'm trying to keep my MP low to train Inspiration. Like.. it has literally happened about 6 times where I'm about to use Inspiration, only for my screen to flash and ending up with full MP again. If the Dorcha bar could be taken off screen whilst you don't have a chainblade, that would be an improvement since I don't use it to keep track of Bachram.. and if you could turn off the positive feels which make up Bachram.. or at least remove the "critical" flash and make have some other indication of it taking effect like a small icon above your head and perhaps something similar to mana shield where a ring is expelled from your body.. or even give some kind of aura (like +5 bash or final hit.. least I think final hit has one) for the 20 seconds it's active so it's a lot more clear and less confusing.. at bare minimum. (A cute happy little animation set as positive feels fill your body would also be kinda nice.. but it'd get silly with a full party)

I personally like to collect as many skills as I can, even if I don't ultimately end up using them. I will end up leveling up the Chainblade skills for the stats at least (I think all up they up str like.. over 100), but for now I'd just prefer it if I didn't have extra things on screen.. since it's generally a bit distracting.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    You can reduce it to a small blip by pressing the down arrow.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Dude, do you really want to get rid of very useful boost which fully heals you up every 10 minutes...?
  • OvernOvern
    I just want to deactivate it when I don't need it or place it out of view. I don't like having more things on screen than I need to, especially bars (or minimized blips) I can't currently use.

Again, it's an extra point bar, something else on the screen that serves more as a distraction. And if I've gotten it open in order to constantly keep track of the Bachram boost, I'm not paying as much attention to other things. And it's not about getting "RID" of a useful boost, it's about turning it off.. changing it so it's more clear about the duration/time spent with the boost.. since it DOES last for 20 seconds.. or.. whatever.. technically. But it's mainly about taking the DP bar off screen completely.. instead of just minimizing it for as long as you don't have a chainblade equipped in either slot.

Do not misunderstand me, a buff that activates through around 10 minutes with combat upping it by 30 second intervals is nice when it happens, and sometimes can even save you. It's just a part of a skill set I'm not actively using atm, after all.. as far as I'm aware.. Alchemy, Puppetry, Brawler or Ninja don't actually add permanent, additional changes.. outside maybe items that fill your inventory. I'm just saying that maybe the Dorcha bar shouldn't really be present when you don't have the means of accessing it. i.e: "A chain blade". Isn't there a runestone on the chainblade that helps channel or sense this stuff? In lore.. I mean.
    Hisame621
  • OvernOvern
    On closer examination.. it seems like the Bachram boost does actually have an aura, so that's something at least.. must not have noticed it due to the Dorcha bar I end up paying more attention to than I should.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Add a mini version of the bachram progress bar to the minimized dorcha gauge. That way we can keep it minimized at all times and still tell at a glance how close we are to Bachram Boost. Something like this, but good.

j3h0fYU.jpg
    SollHisame621
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I would like the options to turn it off as well. It’s annoying if it activates when you’re training something like Holy Vitality, which you have to have low stamina for the training to count. It’s not fun having to keep reducing your stamina every 10 minutes especially when you have 1.6k stamina.
    Hisame621
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    I think the option to disable Bachram boost would be nice for the above reason. Sometimes the full heal isn't really appreciated when you need to keep one of your stats lowered.
    But the UI is just UI. You're only complaining because its new. If it were there since the dawn of the game it would be fine. Some quality of life reworks would be nice to make it more UI and User Friendly (a transparency option might be nice), but all you have to do is find a home for it and it wont hurt you.
    Hisame621