Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What would you guys like revamped the most?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    44+ stone fishing boat monsters onscreen with names: 100FPS

8 PLAYERS onscreen with names: 9FPS with dips to 4FPS

Plz revamp the onscreen player handling

Not gonna lie, this is mostly due to text. If they changed the text a lot of lag would vanish just by doing that alone.

Just press Ctrl + N, smh. If you want to see the names of players, but don't want to experience lag - press Alt. That's what i do in highly populated areas.

• ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Taming Wild Animals. Its flat CP restriction and success rates are dumb.
    TwelieTolnaKensamaofmariTairiku
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Healing and Party Healing. Make it instant cast like the Magic Shield skills.
    YangKoete
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited April 12, 2018
    Read your post again and think really hard about what you just posted.

(proves it's not the names by standing in chainspawns) " " " DUUUHHR... MES THUNKSK ITS DUHHH NAYMES..."
    " "

:P

(I'll accept the "tired" card excuse btw, if you wanna go that route, I won't blame you xD)
  • KDCKDC
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    I think the Spirit Weapons and the Elf Race are probably in need of a revamp.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    KDC wrote: »
    I think the Spirit Weapons and the Elf Race are probably in need of a revamp.

Elves have the highest damage output, why do you think they need a revamp?
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited April 14, 2018
    How old is that claim? 8 years now?

Chains, guns, and ninja all exist now. Not to mention the entirety of the potential stat system
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    edited April 14, 2018

They may have the Highest Damage output, but they lack the DPS.

Where people are likely wanting the 'Revamp for Elves' is simply the speed in which Elves can damage Mobs in party-play. Chain Slash was a hopeful fix to this issue, but due to its demand of levels and stats it only benefits the End-game Elves in the DPS category- not the Casual to lower level players.

Personally, elves themselves don't need a revamp. Its the Servers that need to be fixed up so there's much less Latency, --- Or a Revamp on Archery and remove the bloody Aim-system. Lol
    ----

For the Rest of this Thread: Spirit Weapons need some love.
    Also the Loot Tables within Dungeons need a rework. Cus wow...

PeloiZeohappyx2055
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Iria.

I had a ton of fun just exploring and doing quests there. And made many friends during the treasure hunt even and the falling star events.

Many towns used to be pretty full, especially people who would invade opposing towns just to attack the guards.

Mabinogi really slowed down to a point where everyone just warps around and solos everything. There isn't much content for newcomers to actually make a party and do together.

I get that the playerbase has really died down but it's really sad to see such a great part Mabinogi just fall off like that.
    YangKoeteOrangeGelhappyx2055
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    *cough cough* events...
  • AnimemabiAnimemabi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Name change and server merge im told korea has it already.
  • SayaaSayaa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    In contrary to a lot of posts I've seen so far, I actually like the dungeon revamp. There's nothing fun about one-hitting every mob! On the other hand, I do think they could be more rewarding. Someone mentioned a "credit" system and I think that's a great idea. Rather than making the rewards completely RNG-based, maybe add some form of currency (as a dungeon reward) that can be used to purchase items that would be in the end chests. Something similar to the rafting rewards, which would make it a little more objective.

Anyway, that was just a thought.

What I'd like to see revamped are spirit weapons and the Tara auctions by Cliona.
    Policroma
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Stolias wrote: »

Where people are likely wanting the 'Revamp for Elves' is simply the speed in which Elves can damage Mobs in party-play. Chain Slash was a hopeful fix to this issue, but due to its demand of levels and stats it only benefits the End-game Elves in the DPS category- not the Casual to lower level players.

Personally, elves themselves don't need a revamp. Its the Servers that need to be fixed up so there's much less Latency, --- Or a Revamp on Archery and remove the bloody Aim-system. Lol
    ----

I'm not really sure what you mean by
    When it's the same thing. They have the best single target damage, and the same AoE as humans. They don't have the AoE of Giants, but Giants have less single than elves (and humans? Not sure) As for new players, chain has amazing damage output for relatively low investment compared to other skillsets and it doesnt even need reforges to be good either.

I'd like dan tests to be reworked. Requiring an SS to pass, but finishing the test with an A and locking yourself out is pretty stupid.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    There's lot of things that need to be revamped on Mabinogi, to be honest...

The VIP service.to actually be better
    Drop rate for some items being tweaked to fit with the current NA population.
    Spirit weapon revamp.. seriously, they implemented the weapon erg system but nothing for the spirit weapons??
    Name change and server merge to be done in NA.
    Taming because it's basically useless and don't really do anything to be useful in the combat.
    Some sort of revamp for the elves or at least their archery so the lag won't be as much of the issue in NA server
    Make it so all color options for hair, eyes, and skintones are shared across all three races, it's silly that each race are limited to specific color options.
    Aero365TwelieSphyra21
  • PopclipsPopclips
    Mabinogi Rep: 790
    Spirit weapons could use some love for sure....would also like to see more ways to get crafting materials like radiant strings and such. Maybe they could make rare dungeon materials *cough* radiant strings *cough* buyable with ducats? Commerce needs some love too ;w;
    Aero365
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    :3 the drop rate for the gachpons.. Since someone told me, Nexon as the percentage drop rate very low in gachupons so we spend more money.. its been taken to court as well- so i was told.
    Aero365
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    I'm not really sure what you mean by They may have the Highest Damage output, but they lack the DPS.

Guess I interpreted those two differently.
    Highest Damage Output = Out of 10 total Hits for each character, what's their average in damage
    Damage per Second = Total damage a character can manage within a set time frame.

But I see how they can be viewed the same, since damage output is also a part of DPS. So Sorry about the confusion. Lol.
    happyx2055
  • KDCKDC
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Stolias wrote: »

----

I'm not really sure what you mean by
    When it's the same thing. They have the best single target damage, and the same AoE as humans. They don't have the AoE of Giants, but Giants have less single than elves (and humans? Not sure) As for new players, chain has amazing damage output for relatively low investment compared to other skillsets and it doesnt even need reforges to be good either.

I'd like dan tests to be reworked. Requiring an SS to pass, but finishing the test with an A and locking yourself out is pretty stupid.

Damage Input? I just thought they lacked a lot of love because a lot of players love Giants more.

As for the dan tests thing. YES!!! I AGREE 100%! I would've gotten a Dan 2 Smash if it weren't for that SS requirement. I even thought I passed by the cut scene that played.
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    the entire game engine so it don't feel like a game from 30 years ago for starters, after that idk, don't care really this game has become REALLY hard to play the longer it goes
    Peloi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    the entire game engine so it don't feel like a game from 30 years ago for starters, after that idk, don't care really this game has become REALLY hard to play the longer it goes

30 years old game actually looked like this...

2pT84Kp.jpg

Stop exaggerating, Mabinogi is ~14 years old (KR one) and we (NA) just had 10th anniversary.
    strawberrydreamsVeylainestarkiller1286