Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Little Orphan Alyn Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited May 3, 2018 in Vault
Kristell needs your help to take care of an orphan girl named Alyn that was left at the church. Head to Dunbarton to register as Alyn's foster parent, and help her grow up to be someone amazing! Check out the full details here!

180410_590x165_princess_maker.jpg

The Little Orphan Alyn Event

Event Dates: Thursday, April 19, After Maintenance - Thursday, May 10, Before Maintenance

Event Details:

• Travel to Dunbarton, and talk to Kristell to register a main character to be Alyn's new foster parent.
  • Talk to Alyn after registering a main character to motivate her to become someone amazing!
  • You can choose between dance lessons, life skill lessons, or combat lessons.
  • Each choice will impact what Alyn will be when she grows up.
  • You can receive a 2nd title depending on which job Alyn goes into.
  • Help Alyn do her music, life, and combat lessons five times each to receive a Super Parent 1st Title
  • Another quest will unlock once the you complete the quest "[Event] Girl's Dream Come True."

Title Details:

• Super Parent 1st Title: Will +10, STR +10, and Max Stamina +80.
  • Quilted Memories 2nd Title: STR +10, DEX +10, and Music Buff Skill Effect +3.
  • Professional Chef 2nd Title: DEX +10, and Max Stamina +100.
  • Royal Guard 2nd Title: STR +20, Max HP +20, and Dex -20.
  • Musical Star 2nd Title: Max HP +20, and Music Buff Skill Effect +1.

alnysdfh3.png

Note: You need to actually gather the items requested in the quest. Having them in your inventory will not count towards the quest. Additionally, for gathering wool, you must use a gathering knife to collect the wool for it to count.

Note 2: If you have a "[Daily] Gathering" quest that matches the requirements of the event quest, you must complete or give up that quest first.

Comments

• CheekyCynicCheekyCynic
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    I'm unable to turn in the 15 eggs?
  • KatherzKatherz
    Make sure the quest says you collected 15 eggs. You have to collect 15 eggs from the hens, not just already have them in your inventory. Additionally, if you get a huge lucky finish, it will not count towards the egg count
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited April 19, 2018
    So.. another event not worth doing. Great.
    Are we ever gonna see Meowbinogi again?
    Alchemistjk
  • CheekyCynicCheekyCynic
    Katherz wrote: »
    Make sure the quest says you collected 15 eggs. You have to collect 15 eggs from the hens, not just already have them in your inventory. Additionally, if you get a huge lucky finish, it will not count towards the egg count

I did that at the hens at Emmain and nothing happened.
  • CheekyCynicCheekyCynic

Apparently I'm able to make progress at the Dunbarton hens. I did have an active egg gathering daily quest, could that have been an oversight?
  • KatherzKatherz
    Yes! Sorry about that, I added it as an additional note on this post.
    CheekyCynic
  • KemalyKemaly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    The event sounds cute to me :)
    MizukiHayamaYangKoeteValdumOneConfusedMilletian
  • RavenQueenSasRavenQueenSas
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    the wool part is not working at all in the quesst
    Sherri
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 19, 2018
    Simpsons Reference?

For clarification:
    hqdefault.jpg
    OneConfusedMilletianSoraHakuDA
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Kemaly wrote: »

Cute? Cute!?!? The girl gets abandoned by her parents... She still thinks that her parents will come back and you need to play dumb and say nothing about them not coming back. Meanwhile, you are teaching her easy, silly stuff to do and make her believe that gathering 15 eggs will make her Master Chef which will make her parents come back quicker.
    This is the darkest and most depressing event in Mabinogi history. We always used to have innocent events and now we got this all of sudden... lol.
    PeloiMizukiHayamaAellMorikoVeylaineVimiKaiwythMikuV3AlchemistjkImaizumiand 4 others.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Greta wrote: »

Cute? Cute!?!? The girl gets abandoned by her parents... She still thinks that her parents will come back and you need to play dumb and say nothing about them not coming back. Meanwhile, you are teaching her easy, silly stuff to do and make her believe that gathering 15 eggs will make her Master Chef which will make her parents come back quicker.
    This is the darkest and most depressing event in Mabinogi history. We always used to have innocent events and now we got this all of sudden... lol.

"Who are you? Mama told me to never tlak to strangers"
    *Says "Do you want to play?"

What in the deepest seven levels of Tir Na Nog?
    YangKoeteSorrowwolfeBlissfulkillDaktaroVimiAlchemistjkValdumOneConfusedMilletian
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    So uuh... why does the Miss Match title give a better Music Buff than the Super Star one?
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Alyn is cute. CUTE!

I actually want to do this event without knowing the rewards (some titles i think? i dunno). The fun is in doing the quest and seeing the story, not the rewards. I see this more like a limited time quest than the typical soulless mabi event.
    KatherzVimiVeylaineBlissfulkillValdumOneConfusedMilletian
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 19, 2018
    I wish it was less akin to a series of daily events and more of the Little Ghost Event, with a more developed quest chain that is not simply "Do these series of task for 15 minutes", but while I lament the loss of potential, I think that the idea is something valuable.
  • AsurielAsuriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    I am super confused.. I finished gathering 15 eggs as per quest said so. But I haven't gotten anything else to do? Is this where I have to log in daily to do these quests? Because there isn't anything that says you have to do these daily, and if there is, I totally missed it.
  • KatherzKatherz
    The quests are daily. Alyn says it when you pick which skill to focus on :3
  • AsurielAsuriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    The quests are daily. Alyn says it when you pick which skill to focus on :3

Ah, thanks. I usually skip the whole text when talking to NPCs. ^.^'
    Katherz
  • CheekyCynicCheekyCynic
    Yes! Sorry about that, I added it as an additional note on this post.

Thanks for clarifying this for everyone else! :D
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    TNinja wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

"Who are you? Mama told me to never tlak to strangers"
    *Says "Do you want to play?"

What in the deepest seven levels of Tir Na Nog?

"Mama told me to never talk to strangers"

*literally 1 minute later*

"You will help me right? We are best friend now. You are Alyn's best friend!"
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Are you able to get all of the secondary titles? I wouldn't wanna be locked out of one due to not knowing.
    OneConfusedMilletian