Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Issues with Alyn quests-

NanocaNanoca
Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
edited April 19, 2018 in Help
Regarding the Eluned wool gathering quest, seems you MUST use a gathering knife for the wool to count. No other blade will trigger the quest to progress.
THICCthighssavelives

Comments

• KissteanaKissteana
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    What is a Wool Ball? Tried to give 5 wool to Eluned as quest required and nothing happen.
  • RavenQueenSasRavenQueenSas
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    same here and nothing happen at all
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    You have to use those 5 wool to make a Thick Thread Ball. You do this by using the spinning wheel just outside Eluned's shop.
  • NanocaNanoca
    edited April 19, 2018
    You need to harvest the wool with a gathering knife (some have reported results using a sickle), and then spin the wool into a thick thread ball.
    If the wool does not show in the quest info as you gather it, you won't be able to progress.
  • KissteanaKissteana
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    TY very much. I had to use gathering knife for the wool.
    Do we Cook anything for the other quest?
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Why would you gather with something other than a knife anyway? Speed boost and double gather with a knife...
    starkiller1286Peloi
  • NanocaNanoca
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Why would you gather with something other than a knife anyway? Speed boost and double gather with a knife...

Because I had a dagger handy.
    Shearing should be shearing, regardless.

Now if I were trying to use a club, you might have a point.
    [Deleted User]
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    gathering knives cost like 100 gold though
  • ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    The event details specifically states "When gathering wool, it must be gathered with a gathering knife only."

You're teaching the small child how to do this. Her character model isn't there with you, but in the dialogue it's implied she is. Don't use a bigger or heavier knife than she can hold. Teach her properly or she'll hurt herself.
    Plus a gathering knife is like 80g. Pretty sure some mob somewhere drops one too. Can't remember what off the top of my head, but there's no way I enchanted one to be Windy lmao
    Peloi
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Nanoca wrote: »
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

Because I had a dagger handy.
    Shearing should be shearing, regardless.

Now if I were trying to use a club, you might have a point.

Speaking of "trying to use a club" some bladed weapons give the Blacksmithing animation when shearing with them.
    Black Dragon Knight's Sword and Krutta Broad Sword are at least two of such bladed weapons.
    You could also do it with the Egg Basket during the event that ended a few days ago. It's funny to see.
  • NanocaNanoca
    ForeRunia wrote: »
    The event details specifically states "When gathering wool, it must be gathered with a gathering knife only."

You're teaching the small child how to do this. Her character model isn't there with you, but in the dialogue it's implied she is. Don't use a bigger or heavier knife than she can hold. Teach her properly or she'll hurt herself.
    Plus a gathering knife is like 80g. Pretty sure some mob somewhere drops one too. Can't remember what off the top of my head, but there's no way I enchanted one to be Windy lmao

Again, I had a dagger handy, and IIRC the bit about having to use a gathering knife was added after a number of players were going "What?" when logic left the stadium.(check the "help" section to see some of the threads)..
    An example of some weirdness- people reported success using a sickle.

I am half tempted to try using a pickaxe or gathering hatchet, just to see if that also works.
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Speaking of "trying to use a club" some bladed weapons give the Blacksmithing animation when shearing with them.
    Black Dragon Knight's Sword and Krutta Broad Sword are at least two of such bladed weapons.
    You could also do it with the Egg Basket during the event that ended a few days ago. It's funny to see.

I'll have to try those, just for the " I'll beat the wool off of you if you move again!" satisfaction.

• MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    edited April 21, 2018
    ForeRunia wrote: »

Again, I had a dagger handy, and IIRC the bit about having to use a gathering knife was added after a number of players were going "What?" when logic left the stadium.(check the "help" section to see some of the threads)..

I am half tempted to try using a pickaxe or gathering hatchet, just to see if that also works.

Yep, that'd be me. Not sure if anyone else :3. Both days (cuz Eluned asks for wool 2 times) I have used the sickle and succeeded.
    Nanoca
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Kissteana wrote: »
    TY very much. I had to use gathering knife for the wool.
    Do we Cook anything for the other quest?

So far I have had to collect 15 eggs (two days in a row) for the Life Skill path. Then, today (the third day for me), I had to talk to Gordon, make 2 T-Bone Steaks, and hand them to him.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    I had three steaks and tried to hand it in and it took all 3 instead of just two. Just a heads up. :^(
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890

Can confirm, Sickles worked.

Sturdy Gathering Knives and Sturdy Sickles also worked, but I'd be more surprised if they didn't (Sturdy variants are the kind with more base dura from the Fairy Village events). I couldn't get Gathering Axes to work though.