Check out the patch notes for the February 18th update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/65163/patch-notes-february-18th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What I had in mind after reading event tittle

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,715
Posts: 384
Member
edited April 19, 2018 in General Chat

"The little orphan Alyn event"
after reading the tittle i got a bit excited and thought this event might give away a "FREE PARTNER" as grand price
but i had my doubts and it seems my doubts are a bit right though im still hoping
after all it seems that the event has 2 parts keeping the second part shrouded in mystery
in the events details it says:
D6rjpY1.png?1
so I guess she might become a permanent partner in the second part of the event
once we complete the quest probably having some sort of story line
  1. Do you think this event would give a way a "FREE PARTNER" ?52 votes
    1. YESS! YES!!! YES!! PLEASE!!!! MAKE THIS TRUE
       21% (11 votes)
    2. I've been waiting for this for a very long time
       2% (1 vote)
    3. I doubt Nexon is generous enough to do that, but I think that would be cool
       46% (24 votes)
    4. Meh! not really interested in having one
       6% (3 votes)
    5. nope
       25% (13 votes)

Comments

  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    Posts: 186
    Member
    Would be nice, but I kinda doubt it. I think they'd mention it in the event's page.

    But here's to hoping...I mean we are taking care of her, let us adopt her xD.
  • violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,270
    Posts: 55
    Member
    Nexon towards "Mabinogi" isn't all that generous. I've known Maplestory getting loads of free goodies that are actually useful like character slots and ms shop points just to spend in game ((can't use on another game on Nexon sadly)) So what's the deal?
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,495
    Posts: 183
    Member
    edited April 20, 2018
    violetkitt wrote: »
    Nexon towards "Mabinogi" isn't all that generous. I've known Maplestory getting loads of free goodies that are actually useful like character slots and ms shop points just to spend in game ((can't use on another game on Nexon sadly)) So what's the deal?

    i disagree

    i find there more 'generous' with mabi then maple. there been giving away free pets and other nx only items (like HS stone coupons) for awhile now. hell you can get a free dragon in the current attendence evant

    with maplestory they tend to give away crap that dosent really help much (for level 140+ ppl anyhow) mostly the stuff they giveaway really only helps ppl who just started and dont know much about the game.

    also the ms points shop is garbidge >_> (only good for reviving pets)
    MizukiHayamaTheNyanCatOneConfusedMilletian
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,050
    Posts: 2,762
    Member
    violetkitt wrote: »
    Nexon towards "Mabinogi" isn't all that generous. I've known Maplestory getting loads of free goodies that are actually useful like character slots and ms shop points just to spend in game ((can't use on another game on Nexon sadly)) So what's the deal?

    Oh, cause a couple of clouds and dragons aren't worth much, huh?
  • LllaaazzzyLllaaazzzy
    Mabinogi Rep: 415
    Posts: 19
    Member
    it has to be the miss match title? 1 for each talent, supermom for all 3, then new quest , ? ? ? ? , Miss match ?
    Daktaro
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,995
    Posts: 892
    Member
    Yeah it's a shame she isn't a free partner. This would have been a wonderful way to give away a partner.
    Gaby5011OneConfusedMilletian
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,445
    Posts: 661
    Member
    violetkitt wrote: »
    Nexon towards "Mabinogi" isn't all that generous. I've known Maplestory getting loads of free goodies that are actually useful like character slots and ms shop points just to spend in game ((can't use on another game on Nexon sadly)) So what's the deal?

    I completely disagree, I've played maple story for just over a year and got to level 209 and the most generous event was when they basically gave enough nx to get a permanent pet. Their regular give aways are nice but mostly stuff you can earn in a a few days yourself. The treasure event we have now nets me nearly 10$ in reforges every single day, imagine maple having mobs that dropped like 6 red cubes and a couple black ones every single day of the event.

    Trust me when I say this, I've given Maplestory my fair share of time and it's nowhere near as nice as Mabinogi is.
    3rdy
  • KattheAzureDragonKattheAzureDragon
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    Posts: 12
    Member
    I would hope so but that would be too generous. At best I think it will be like those lost dragons we "adopted" many years ago and came in 4 different varieties since when I asked Katherz in the unofficial she said we got a HS item at the end. Therefore, if it not a real partner it might be a HS human "dragon" decoration with the cooking, warrior or music variants. However this is just my guess guys and mostly speculation.
  • GFKGFK
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Posts: 20
    Member
    The fact that she says "im waiting for my pappa and mamma" final hits my heart; i hope they come back LOL
    Tsumikki
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    Posts: 102
    Member
    Yup, the final quest is about her parents clearly. They will tell me a sob story about something like 100 days long time travel loops fighting for her life from the shadows featuring Jabchiel, and try to get this now useful child back and I'll get a nasty sounding title for telling them to scram.
    GretaMizukiHayamaXiokunRadiant DawnWolfandWolf
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,490
    Posts: 126
    Member
    Tsumikki wrote: »
    Yup, the final quest is about her parents clearly. They will tell me a sob story about something like 100 days long time travel loops fighting for her life from the shadows featuring Jabchiel, and try to get this now useful child back and I'll get a nasty sounding title for telling them to scram.

    Depending on how convincing their reasons are I'd probably tell them off too, but you'd probably get a nice title for letting them take their child back.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,080
    Posts: 887
    Member
    Tsumikki wrote: »
    Yup, the final quest is about her parents clearly. They will tell me a sob story about something like 100 days long time travel loops fighting for her life from the shadows featuring Jabchiel, and try to get this now useful child back and I'll get a nasty sounding title for telling them to scram.

    This is the most agreeable post I have ever witnessed on this entire forum.
    YangKoeteBlissfulkillOneConfusedMilletian
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,580
    Posts: 943
    Member
    100 days is like 3 irl days. Her parents are not coming back.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,515
    Posts: 8,202
    Member
    OWSM3lb.png
    pawcalypse
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    Posts: 102
    Member
    a nice title
    Miss Match. Oh no, sounds like Dunbarton is about to get Constantinople'd.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,545
    Posts: 6,919
    Member
    edited April 23, 2018
    Day 5 passing now...
    I'm dying whoever still thinks that free partner is a possible thing.
    How can people be so gullible?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,150
    Posts: 1,011
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Day 5 passing now...
    I'm dying whoever still thinks that free partner is a possible thing.
    How can people be so gullible?

    if we don't get a free partner players will just post about their disappointment that we didn't get one. however if we do somehow get a free partner players that skipped the event will complain about it being unfair since it is not listed as a prize. either way someone is going to dislike the results. I am doing the event simply cause I have enough afk time to do so with the afk attendance event going on and cause the story is interesting and do not expect anything more then the second titles since those are the listed rewards. although we do get a homestead item for completing one of the three choices 5 times which was a unexpected reward. there may be a hidden prize at the end but it is unlikely it will be a partner.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,545
    Posts: 6,919
    Member
    edited April 23, 2018
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Day 5 passing now...
    I'm dying whoever still thinks that free partner is a possible thing.
    How can people be so gullible?

    if we don't get a free partner players will just post about their disappointment that we didn't get one. however if we do somehow get a free partner players that skipped the event will complain about it being unfair since it is not listed as a prize. either way someone is going to dislike the results. I am doing the event simply cause I have enough afk time to do so with the afk attendance event going on and cause the story is interesting and do not expect anything more then the second titles since those are the listed rewards. although we do get a homestead item for completing one of the three choices 5 times which was a unexpected reward. there may be a hidden prize at the end but it is unlikely it will be a partner.

    Partners = NX limited time exclusive "items". I don't think Nexon is generous enough to give something this exclusive. It took them like 5 years or so to finally start to give out some wings (yet still in abysmal RNG), so i don't think Partners will be a possibility any time soon.
    Not surprised that we got HS reward... Lmao, we have been getting so much HS stuff lately, might as well rename Mabinogi into Homestead and Fashion Simulator or something.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,715
    Posts: 384
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    OWSM3lb.png

    no wonder it didn't correct me when i rote it that way
    thanks for the info anyway