Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Great Era of Commerce Part 2 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75598/great-era-of-commerce-part-2-patch-notes-july-28th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

@Nexon, it's time to stop.

Comments

  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,580
    Posts: 943
    Member
    DFC2 Hard mode
    25k-100k per run
    10 minute run
    150-600k an hour
    0 Shadow mission crystals
    ttl 900 chainblade character hits for 12k with chain sweep spam.

    Put all of this into account that you have typically two weeks till a sale goes away.
    At 4 hours a day you get 2.4mil or 33.6mil in two weeks grind.
    (Repairs cost 50k and you need to repair once every three runs).

    Idk does this seems fair?
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Posts: 150
    Member
    edited April 27, 2018
    OP doesn't suck for saying someone should be fired. If they're having a negative impact on their playerbase and thus their income, they do need to be fired. That's just business. If GM's feel bad hearing that, they shouldn't have their job. It's a public position. I volunteered as a moderator/support for another company's game. I heard worse stuff than that on a daily basis, I didn't care. )

    In the end OP simply wants to support the game the correct way, by buying something that may give them something good. Now of course, I must say you shouldn't expect good stuff. The amount of times I had to explain this in the past to people demanding good stuff cuz they spent thousands is insane. But I have to agree, the quality of gachas in my opinion has dropped. When I have money to throw away, I definitely wont be throwing it to this game for now, because of this. Maybe for a good pet, but not for gacha.

    Now I do have to disagree that gold is hard to earn, I'm only about 1k and earning mills is kinda easy for me only using the in-game features, as I've not spent money on this new alexina character. Then again I'm a crazy person who doesn't mind doing repetitive things.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Posts: 348
    Member
    edited April 27, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    DFC2 Hard mode
    25k-100k per run
    10 minute run
    150-600k an hour
    0 Shadow mission crystals
    ttl 900 chainblade character hits for 12k with chain sweep spam.

    Put all of this into account that you have typically two weeks till a sale goes away.
    At 4 hours a day you get 2.4mil or 33.6mil in two weeks grind.
    (Repairs cost 50k and you need to repair once every three runs).

    Idk does this seems fair?

    what kind of enchants are you using? I can only hit up 6.2k non crits ( non stepped cardinal chain ) with out BFO nor bone chips and 1385dex and 444 luck when spamming bft2
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,440
    Member
    edited April 27, 2018
    Zuomo wrote: »
    OP doesn't suck for saying someone should be fired. If they're having a negative impact on their playerbase and thus their income, they do need to be fired. That's just business. If GM's feel bad hearing that, they shouldn't have their job. It's a public position. I volunteered as a moderator/support for another company's game. I heard worse stuff than that on a daily basis, I didn't care. )

    In the end OP simply wants to support the game the correct way, by buying something that may give them something good. Now of course, I must say you shouldn't expect good stuff. The amount of times I had to explain this in the past to people demanding good stuff cuz they spent thousands is insane. But I have to agree, the quality of gachas in my opinion has dropped. When I have money to throw away, I definitely wont be throwing it to this game for now, because of this. Maybe for a good pet, but not for gacha.

    Now I do have to disagree that gold is hard to earn, I'm only about 1k and earning mills is kinda easy for me only using the in-game features, as I've not spent money on this new alexina character. Then again I'm a crazy person who doesn't mind doing repetitive things.

    Nexon KR tells our NA branch what to implement. They do all the coding. They do all the content creation. In case you haven't heard, Nexon KR still has a VIP service that we've never gotten (and it's even been updated more than once), so everything needing to be done is all on KR, not our people in the NA. All our people can do is make the request, in the end, it's KR who has the final say.

    Also, the Loot Box debacle isn't only restricted to Mabinogi. It's also in games like Overwatch, FIFA and Star Wars Battlefront to name a few. It doesn't make it right, but it proves that Nexon isn't the only company guilty of this. It's a business model and these companies have seen it work and unless some legislation gets put into place, I don't see that changing. As I've said in a previous post, not sure of how the gacha is? Watch the posts regarding them, if someone asks what others got and no one replies or someone says the pulls are bad, don't invest in it. Like Zuomo, maybe save it for a good pet unless you find from your research that a gacha is worth investing in.

    @Taboishi I'm assuming that the 20 million bit you mention is related to OP's first post regarding gold sellers, which I wish were a moot point by Nexon NA cracking down on their presences in the game as they are annoying. Also, maybe they should be vetting people who are randomly getting checks in the in-game mail for nothing, especially if the sender's names are an odd jumble of letters like gold farmer adbots? I know it's not much of a threat to ban an account from the gold seller, but give enough players that are actually dedicated to the game enough bans and you ought to see this go away real quick. ^_^
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Posts: 1,499
    Member
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    DFC2 Hard mode
    25k-100k per run
    10 minute run
    150-600k an hour
    0 Shadow mission crystals
    ttl 900 chainblade character hits for 12k with chain sweep spam.

    Put all of this into account that you have typically two weeks till a sale goes away.
    At 4 hours a day you get 2.4mil or 33.6mil in two weeks grind.
    (Repairs cost 50k and you need to repair once every three runs).

    Idk does this seems fair?

    what kind of enchants are you using? I can only hit up 6.2k non crits ( non stepped cardinal chain ) with out BFO nor bone chips and 1385dex and 444 luck when spamming bft2

    Do U ever use the 30% skill buff?

    On a side note~ Korean companies(Overseas) are getting fined/investigated for loot/gacha practices that is predatory. Maybe the changes 2 a healthier rate overseas will trickle down here...hopefully.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Posts: 348
    Member
    Rhey wrote: »
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    DFC2 Hard mode
    25k-100k per run
    10 minute run
    150-600k an hour
    0 Shadow mission crystals
    ttl 900 chainblade character hits for 12k with chain sweep spam.

    Put all of this into account that you have typically two weeks till a sale goes away.
    At 4 hours a day you get 2.4mil or 33.6mil in two weeks grind.
    (Repairs cost 50k and you need to repair once every three runs).

    Idk does this seems fair?

    what kind of enchants are you using? I can only hit up 6.2k non crits ( non stepped cardinal chain ) with out BFO nor bone chips and 1385dex and 444 luck when spamming bft2

    Do U ever use the 30% skill buff?

    On a side note~ Korean companies(Overseas) are getting fined/investigated for loot/gacha practices that is predatory. Maybe the changes 2 a healthier rate overseas will trickle down here...hopefully.

    thats only on hard content like alban or sidhe or if I feel like over killing the boss, have to do this fast ( for fast gold gain ) and using chain burst takes some secs
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Posts: 150
    Member
    edited April 27, 2018
    Leinei wrote: »
    Like Zuomo, maybe save it for a good pet unless you find from your research that a gacha is worth investing in.
    Yeah I understand the requesting thing a lot, though sometimes they don't even bother requesting. I also don't feel like they are going to change at all.
    Most companies do it, and a large amount of players will buy it regardless of how bad the outcomes are. As a company nexon's main goal is to make money, and if they are achieving that, why change it? (I'm not bashing companies, though. If I were making the decisions I'd also care more about profit than what would be best in general for everyone.)

    Some of the other bigger companies for mmos are a lot worse than nexon imo, hence why I still play nexon games.Still, good to express dislike in it on the off chance it can do something.. As was said by leinei, it depends on whoever calls the shots, even if someone in the company agrees, if someone who is higher or has more say doesn't, it doesn't matter.


    @Rhey I doubt changes to a healthier rate will trickle down to over here, if anything it's more reason for it to stay the same here, unless we also set some kind of legal precedent against it. Though it could just be me being negative.
    Leinei
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 103
    Member
    edited April 27, 2018
    @taboishi IDK who you are but you were able to interpret my original post perfectly. Thank you for summating my post, and putting so much effort into explaining the situation with the patience and eloquence that I could not muster with the anger that I had yesterday.

    The worst part for me, there are people who will avidly defend Nexon KR's decisions for no real reason than being a sycophant.

    I thoroughly appreciate it, and seeing that you have literally 1 post, being this one means that you felt the need to either,make a forum account to post it, or make a throw-away to do the same.

    Edit: Seems you've had a forum account, but felt not the need to post until now.
    SorrowwolfeTaboishiWolfandWolfSib
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Posts: 1,499
    Member
    Personally, If ur already rich ingame. Just buy the jackpot item U want from the gacha from others. Def much less heartache/fustration.

    YangKoete
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Posts: 381
    Member
    I would only buy shopping bags.... Gachas are stupid to buy, but ppl love gambling for those juicy potions, tailoring mats and dyes.

    Havent you seen the item list?
    Only 10 items are the ones ppl aim for, but for some reason you and many others ignore the other 50-70 "junk" items on the list
    YangKoete
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,210
    Posts: 8,868
    Member
    edited April 28, 2018
    Odinwolfe wrote: »
    @taboishi IDK who you are but you were able to interpret my original post perfectly. Thank you for summating my post, and putting so much effort into explaining the situation with the patience and eloquence that I could not muster with the anger that I had yesterday.

    The worst part for me, there are people who will avidly defend Nexon KR's decisions for no real reason than being a sycophant.

    I thoroughly appreciate it, and seeing that you have literally 1 post, being this one means that you felt the need to either,make a forum account to post it, or make a throw-away to do the same.

    Edit: Seems you've had a forum account, but felt not the need to post until now.

    Again, we are not defending Nexon. Get that through your thick skull. I'm not explaining again.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Posts: 282
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    I want to add that NA does cut out A LOT of junk from our gachas. They really do before the release the gachas here because our GM's know the rates are crap. They do what they can to improve the odds. If you think it's bad now - can you imagine how bad it would be if they released KR's version?
    really?! do they actually??
    genuinely curious i had no idea

  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,580
    Posts: 943
    Member
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    DFC2 Hard mode
    25k-100k per run
    10 minute run
    150-600k an hour
    0 Shadow mission crystals
    ttl 900 chainblade character hits for 12k with chain sweep spam.

    Put all of this into account that you have typically two weeks till a sale goes away.
    At 4 hours a day you get 2.4mil or 33.6mil in two weeks grind.
    (Repairs cost 50k and you need to repair once every three runs).

    Idk does this seems fair?

    what kind of enchants are you using? I can only hit up 6.2k non crits ( non stepped cardinal chain ) with out BFO nor bone chips and 1385dex and 444 luck when spamming bft2

    Chain sweep hits three times so roughly 4k per tick = 12k.
    Only enemies that survive are lancers.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Posts: 348
    Member
    edited April 30, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    DFC2 Hard mode
    25k-100k per run
    10 minute run
    150-600k an hour
    0 Shadow mission crystals
    ttl 900 chainblade character hits for 12k with chain sweep spam.

    Put all of this into account that you have typically two weeks till a sale goes away.
    At 4 hours a day you get 2.4mil or 33.6mil in two weeks grind.
    (Repairs cost 50k and you need to repair once every three runs).

    Idk does this seems fair?

    what kind of enchants are you using? I can only hit up 6.2k non crits ( non stepped cardinal chain ) with out BFO nor bone chips and 1385dex and 444 luck when spamming bft2

    Chain sweep hits three times so roughly 4k per tick = 12k.
    Only enemies that survive are lancers.

    uh you know those hits don't count as the 680% each (separately), but together they're all 680%, also no shadow lancer has over 12k HP ( at best its 8.1k hp at elite )
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Shadow_Lancer
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,765
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    Okay, what's going on? How this thread got so derailed? Lol.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,440
    Member
    Dunno. I'm actually surprised it's still going. -shrugs-
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,940
    Posts: 5,105
    Member
    If they increased the "success rate" of gatchas, the loyal supporters who do buy them would be happier of course but the other added effect is that if items are more common then doesn't economics mean they will cost less on the housing market making things a little worse for the "less scrupulous"? I guess it depends on how Nexon views the elasticity of demand versus gacha payout rate. But here's a solution that might be a win/win: have a multi-tiered gacha system: higher payout rate costs more per unit. Of course you could argue that simply buying more is essentially the same thing and maybe it is but different people will view, say, 10 tries at 1% or 1 try at 10% differently.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,210
    Posts: 8,868
    Member
    Daktaro wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    I want to add that NA does cut out A LOT of junk from our gachas. They really do before the release the gachas here because our GM's know the rates are crap. They do what they can to improve the odds. If you think it's bad now - can you imagine how bad it would be if they released KR's version?
    really?! do they actually??
    genuinely curious i had no idea

    Yes it's true. The rates are still crap, but they would be WAY worse if NA didn't cut out the junk KR leaves in. There is still a lot of junk but there would be way more if it wasn't for them.
  • SoraHakuDASoraHakuDA
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,445
    Posts: 39
    Member
    Your first mistake was thinking that wasting money on a gacha that is using A PET to get players to buy 75 bucks worth in gacha is a good idea. I'm pretty sure that most players did a 180 when they saw the price on this one (myself included). Considering how i've barely seen anyone with it or anything from the gacha.

    The issue here is that nexon thinks players will waste money at will just because of a few neat things (which in your case seems to be the problem). But then again Nexon NA doesn't have all the fault. You need to consider that maybe there's a price range that they are given from KR for when they sell gachas. But it's up to the PLAYER if they buy it or not.

    So no one needs to get fired. Some people just need to know when to grab nexon's bait and when not to...

    It's a freaking gacha, it's gambling, what else can you expect? If anything when buying gachas you should be expecting not to get what you want, cause it will most likely happen xD
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Posts: 150
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    If they increased the "success rate" of gatchas, the loyal supporters who do buy them would be happier of course but the other added effect is that if items are more common then doesn't economics mean they will cost less on the housing market making things a little worse for the "less scrupulous"? .

    Yes, if items are more common their price will go down. They would probably still keep one or two items super rare, so people would still spam gachas, and still can make a jackpot getting the top item.

    Buying more is not the same as increased rates, as not everyone can constantly buy it, I would take buying 10 boxes with 10% each draw over 100 with 1% each draw. Though as I said that might be a problem for the money wanting side of nexon, is they want people wanting to buy more lol.

    In my opinion the best thing would be to keep the top 3-4 items as super rare, making some of the "Okay" newer item have increased rates, remove the useless trash and and balance out the "decent" old items rates. So thise meh old items, that aren't worth too high anyway, would be your "Lose" which would be okay with me honestly. So you don't just get a absolutely worthless item on any draws. This way you wont get as many people dissatisfied with playing gacha, and still can promote buying more.

    Either that or keeping the gachas as is, but lowering the price per gacha. Or making a "Premium" gacha that would cost more but contain most of the newer/expensive stuff.

    Another idea is to just make the "Trash" gacha items being sewing patterns/blacksmith manuals of the mid to high tier items, to promote life skills/interaction between players.

    Just randomly throwing ideas out there, not that any of them would be "Good" or possible.