Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Personal Collections

NascaNasca
Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
edited January 12, 2017 in General Chat
Greetings. Nasca here. So I was sort of wondering if people have any sort of personal collection of certain items (clothes being an obvious choice). I like to collect weapons of all types to admire their shape and variety. I guess I sort of got into to once I saw Gilgamesh in Fate/Stay Night and/or Zero and thought it be nice to have the same thing as his Treasury :P.

This is something I do as a personal hobby, and while some of them are rare, the majority of it probably isn't worth much, even though I invested a large fortune into it. I sort of get thinking I should collect these as a relic of the past and something to be admired, like a personal museum (would enjoy to show people more).

Would love to see what you all do as well, and what you think of it. (I'm in the Alexina Server, if you'd like to see my collection just ask XD)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I like to collect weapons or outfits in game too, but i can't cause you know... You will lose a lot of free inventory space asap. I was wondering to collect my cooking journal,but i'm too lazy for it at this moment.
    Helsa
  • NascaNasca
    edited January 12, 2017
    @Greta I personally have several alts, so I just store them all in my bank lol. I used to use pets, but over the years it got so big I had to move to something more organized XD.
  • DonevorDonevor
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    I collect event foods and just hoard them like a hamster in my bank. :U I never eat them, I just like how cute a lot of them look.
    NascaMey
  • SinsAndFalseAlarmsSinsAndFalseAlarms
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    I have two pink bean headsets I can't wear because I'm an elf, but someone gave them to me so I just stare at them with sorrow. :c
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    I like to collect all the ears and now, all the tails, because I have an obsession with animal-eared girls.

I'm extremely disappointed with the Utawarerumono stuff, though. Not only are the ears not separate from the wigs, but Kuon's tail is just so... like a rat, instead of the cat/ferret combo she should be (based on the traits of her mother and how it looked in the game/anime).
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 12, 2017
    *After 1 year* All tails will be worth of around 5m gold because Nexon will release same and new ones repeatedly to grab more cash from obsessed furries and fashionogis.
    SylviaWolfeHelsa
  • InsaneOasisInsaneOasis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,250
    I collect mini gems and match certain ones with my outfits. I just love having little things following me everywhere. >///<
    Nasca
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited January 12, 2017
    collect clothes, weapons(I seriously have too many, and don't use 99% of the ones I got), instruments, and hoard mats...
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I srsly just collect anything and everything in this game. I need help from this hoarding problem... ;^;
    Ktty
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I have a pretty large collection of old items, event items, and crossover items Heck, I still have my Miku game board.
    I'm a Class-S hoarder who refuses to sell things and thus it has made me poor. :(
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    @Lidiya

Oh yeah, mats... As I recently got my last crafting skill to r1, my pets and bank tabs are stuffed with them... I don't really consider myself a collector of mats but if I get them as a drop, I don't sell them. My philosophy is that some event or crossover at some point will add a manual/pattern that needs them. I only within the last year tailored some untranslated items from the original Iria Exploration event as well.
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    I hoard a lot of things. The obvious dressing room items, mini gems, chairs, instruments, etc. I'd be more interested in getting one of every weapon if there was an armory for it, but without it that's been a lower priority. I also have a library of the books in game I'm working on. One item I'm particularly fond of are the space briefs from that pillow fight event that I refuse to get rid of my 3 extras because of. o:
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Shoog
    Shoog said:

I srsly just collect anything and everything in this game. I need help from this hoarding problem... ;^;
    I myself Have this same problem with wanting to collect everything.

...We need a Mabi hoarders anonymous "1-800-I-Hoard-Everything"
    MissFortune
  • NossNoss
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,500
    I hoard Homestead Items. I've collected every single event HS prop released so far (can't wait to get the Harp!).
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    I collect anything with/about foxes! ^_^
    Nasca
  • SelzyrSelzyr
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    only thing I'm missing on my collection is "Gate of Babylon" Skill....

what? Nexon-DevCat never gave me the chance to fight the bastard...
  • NascaNasca
    lidiya
    Lidiya said:

collect clothes, weapons(I seriously have too many, and don't use 99% of the ones I got), instruments, and hoard mats...
    Lol yea I don't even use most of my Collection either, for fear of damaging them.

Lately I've got into hoarding exclusive items like outfits and stuff from things like Crossover event, since they won't come again :L
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    There was a point when I had three bank tabs of giant potatoes just because I felt like it. I would offer them in trades. My 3/3 Hebona Shoes were purchased with giant potatoes (and some gold, but the potatoes were bigger).

Sometimes I come across sellers who severely underestimate my hoard of mats. The funniest ones ask me to mail ALL my finest leathers. I have to warn them that I have 13 full pouches and enough straps to fragment about 300-400 more, are you sure you woke up this morning planning to spend 20mil on leathers?

My favourite thing to collect are those homestead dyes that flip between two solid colours without any tweening or fading between them. They synchronize perfectly with each other. One of these days I'm going to dye an entire outfit that switches colours every few seconds.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    ... Tarlach homestead figures lol
  • HappersHappers
    Mabinogi Rep: 735
    homestead rice cakes............. ♥