Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bamboozled again

LewnaJaLewnaJa
Mabinogi Rep: 975
edited May 3, 2018 in General Chat
440/450 for the attendance event and it ends. Oh my god. I just wanted that pet. Kill me.
KrissyPootel
  1. Is life suffering?34 votes
    1. Yes
       56% (19 votes)
    2. Yes
       44% (15 votes)

Comments

• 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    this is why i hate theys bloody daily log in evants

they just punish ppl who came into it later then others
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    I always mistake "Ending on xx of Month" to mean that it ends at midnight of that final day. Why do they gotta be so LITERAL about it? :( I didn't even get to spend my remaining points.
    lilblkrose
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    i believe u got 6 days of leeway if you missed even these days it can't be helped
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    Rayka wrote: »
    i believe u got 6 days of leeway if you missed even these days it can't be helped

Yee but I have a job and rent though. Can't pay attention to video games 24/7. I tried.
    Imaizumi
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    LewnaJa wrote: »
    I always mistake "Ending on xx of Month" to mean that it ends at midnight of that final day. Why do they gotta be so LITERAL about it? :( I didn't even get to spend my remaining points.

nexon have preaty much always done this with there evants. even back in eu nexon they always did this :/
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890

A lot of people used to get this confused, so they've started writing the event times super clearly

Afgo4.png

I think it's great that they're being more precise
    Imaizumi
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 3, 2018
    they gave a lot of excess days :( Next time try harder I guess....
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    Eralea wrote: »

A lot of people used to get this confused, so they've started writing the event times super clearly

Afgo4.png

I think it's great that they're being more precise

I prefer the 11:59 approach. But I guess I'm used to other MMOs lol
    lilblkrose
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 3, 2018

Yee but I have a job and rent though. Can't pay attention to video games 24/7. I tried.

I think it is enough leeway. There is nigh impossible standards few can reach without excessive effort, and then there is wishing to be rewarded without being invested in the game or event. Logging in and doing nothing for an hour doesn't seem too arduous.
    3rdy wrote: »

The lack of a reward does not translate to "punishing", anymore than it is to not win a medal for being in last place. It is simply a display of (rather easy) merit, if anything. One needs to accept that loss is inevitable, especially if one does not "do" the work.

You cannot win everything, and expecting to be rewarded without doing the work is silly. (Even if one disagrees as the event being work, I still stand by my point.)
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    edited May 3, 2018

I think it is enough leeway. There is nigh impossible standards few can reach without excessive effort, and then there is wishing to be rewarded without being invested in the game or event. Logging in and doing nothing for an hour doesn't seem too arduous.

The lack of a reward does not translate to "punishing", anymore than it is to not win a medal for being in last place. It is simply a display of (rather easy) merit, if anything. One needs to accept that loss is inevitable, especially if one does not "do" the work.

You cannot win everything, and expecting to be rewarded without doing the work is silly. (Even if one disagrees as the event being work, I still stand by my point.)

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying I pay thousands every month and have an expensive lifestyle I gotta keep up IRL, leaving me with little time for video games lol. 10 days is plenty of leeway. I just couldn't make that.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I prefer the 11:59 approach. But I guess I'm used to other MMOs lol

Sometimes maintenance is at a different time, so having the event end at maint just means we have to look out for whatever time maint is at this week.

You're used to other MMOs so it might be hard for you to remember, but almost all Mabinogi events end at the weekly maintenance. The one or two exceptions is what used to keep people on their toes when it came to imprecise event ending dates.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Ouch, that's harsh.

So close, but so far.

Keep an eye open for people cramming the dragons into Adoption Medals, since that's probably the only hope at this point.
    Unless they bring back this pet in another event, or something.

At least you still got the outfit with the cape glued to your heels and undyeable Giants guarding your throne.

And whatever you blew all your points on, too.
    Hopefully you didn't forget to spend them before the game went under for maint.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying I pay thousands every month and have an expensive lifestyle I gotta keep up IRL, leaving me with little time for video games lol. 10 days is plenty of leeway. I just couldn't make that.

I understand. Sometimes, life is...no, life is always suffering. :)
    LewnaJa
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Ouch, that's harsh.

So close, but so far.

Keep an eye open for people cramming the dragons into Adoption Medals, since that's probably the only hope at this point.

At least you still got the outfit with the cape glued to your heels and undyeable Giants guarding your throne.

I forgot to spend half of them. :'(
  • TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    I kind of forgot it ends with Maintenance today....
    Didn't spend my Points at all, now i wasted my time doing this Event for literally nothing because the Clothes are ugly, the Chair has disgusting colors and the pet is just going to collect Dust without ever being used.

Was in it for the Bags, thought i'd bother with getting them today, woke up too late. tough luck.
    lilblkrose
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    Tetosan wrote: »
    I kind of forgot it ends with Maintenance today....
    Didn't spend my Points at all, now i wasted my time doing this Event for literally nothing because the Clothes are ugly, the Chair has disgusting colors and the pet is just going to collect Dust without ever being used.

Was in it for the Bags, thought i'd bother with getting them today, woke up too late. tough luck.

This hurts my heart to read.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Ouch, that's harsh.

So close, but so far.

I forgot to spend half of them. :'(

I didn't spend any of my points lul.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited May 3, 2018
    That's quite unfortunate. =(
    I can relate as I recently missed out on the Lorna's Adventure bag coupon voucher during the anniversary event due to being 10~20 coins short. I was doing the daily quests religiously, but noticed them a little too late. I also wasn't staying online to collect the coins even though I could have. Those coins would have really added up.
    I'm past it now, but I still think of how much extra inventory slots I could've had from time to time.
  • SoraHakuDASoraHakuDA
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,545
    Same happened to me! Uuugh i really wanted milky way dragon D:
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Later tip.

For events like that just stay logged in while you're gone. You'll still tick the timer up and then just come back to a stage 3 award.