Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Two things I noticed in the new update so far:

LewnaJaLewnaJa
Mabinogi Rep: 975
edited May 3, 2018 in General Chat
1. You can't type special characters like kana/kanji anymore. That probably includes Korean.

2. the & symbol now appears in chat and can no longer be used to avoid chat censors.

We need a chat censor option.
  1. Should chat censor be an option in-game?42 votes
    1. Yes
       76% (32 votes)
    2. No, I'm 12.
       24% (10 votes)

Comments

• MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    edited May 3, 2018
    Noting/mailing seems to have changed too, making the "message" screen bigger. Not sure if more characters, I don't know how many there were before.
    I don't personally care if my words, if vulgar, are censored or nah. Kinda silly about the special characters in my opinion, but I don't have a strong opinion on that.
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    edited May 3, 2018
    Noting/mailing seems to have changed too, making the "message" screen bigger. Not sure if more characters, I don't know how many there were before.
    I don't personally care if my words, if vulgar, are censored or nah. Kinda silly about the special characters in my opinion, but I don't have a strong opinion on that.

I know some foreigners in the game that are gonna be pretty sad when they can't talk to each other anymore lol.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    looks like still the 200 character limit on notes.... the other things in the OP I don't care about at all
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    LewnaJa wrote: »

I know some foreigners in the game that are gonna be pretty sad when they can't talk to each other anymore lol.

Discord. Line.

Boom, done.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I'm 5, pls family friendly game.
    LeineiMizukiHayamaKingEphyTwelieSylviaWolfe
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Speaking of the font...

Was using skills/getting buffed with the Character Info window open always this laggy?

I can't tell if it's worse, or if I just haven't had my window accidentally open when doing stuff for a while.

Almost reminds me of the OOOOOOLD days of having the character window open when resting at a campfire.
    Not quite, but almost.
  • SenSenSenSen
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Speaking of the font...

Was using skills/getting buffed with the Character Info window open always this laggy?

I can't tell if it's worse, or if I just haven't had my window accidentally open when doing stuff for a while.

Having character window up slows everything down for me even before the new QoL stuff
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    LewnaJa wrote: »
    1. You can't type special characters like kana/kanji anymore. That probably includes Korean.

2. the & symbol now appears in chat and can no longer be used to avoid chat censors.

We need a chat censor option.

So, are all those family names in Japanese/Korean gonna be "????????" now?
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited May 3, 2018
    Game loads faster. Like, it always took forever for the game to load before now. Now, BOOM, suddenly it loads fast.

I don't know enough about computers to know if this is legit witchcraft or not.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Game loads faster. Like, it always took forever for the game to load before now. Now, BOOM, suddenly it loads fast.

I don't know enough about computers to know if this is legit witchcraft or not.

They are just slowly implementing what mods did. kek.
    WolfandWolf
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    It would seem the Nexon legal team has finally had its way.
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited May 3, 2018
    is just me or the titles section got titles characters blurred it kinda hurts my eyes looking it long enough....

but what i'm really interested now is this!

- Clicking the up and down arrow will now paste the last message that was sent.
    - You can now change the cursor in the text input window by using the mouse or keyboard.
    - The message window for certain features, like the mailbox have been expanded.
    - You can now grab a block of text from the chat window with the Shift key, mouse drag, etc.
    - You can now cut out the text from the chat window with ctrl+X.

someone mind of explain how do they work?
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    edited May 3, 2018
    So it seems like we can't use special characters now such as alt+numpad3 for that ♥ and neither korean nor japanese is working.

Just wondering if this was intentional or an accident.
  • CharileCharile
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    edited May 3, 2018
    So I reported that today maintenance keyboard issue. Likewise we can’t type other languages such as Japanese or Korean.
    And Gm said;
    I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I will compile the information you provided into a report for the Game Team to further investigate. Please understand that the process for identifying and determining a solution can take some time. However, I assure you that it will be looked into, so please be patient.

We will get back to you with a follow-up to this ticket if we need to gather any additional information. Alternately, you can keep an eye on Mabinogi's main website for our Monthly Patch Notes post for any news on bug fixes or changes to Mabinogi.

Should you have any questions or concerns in regards to another matter, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket with a detailed explanation of the issue.

LewnaJa
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    good man
  • ChojinzokuChojinzoku
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    Adding to this, two forms of text formatting don't work anymore, which saddens me.

1. <ttfenglish size= >
    2. <symbol>

Hopefully that can be fixed also.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Rayka wrote: »
    is just me or the titles section got titles characters blurred it kinda hurts my eyes looking it long enough....

but what i'm really interested now is this!

- Clicking the up and down arrow will now paste the last message that was sent.
    - You can now change the cursor in the text input window by using the mouse or keyboard.
    - The message window for certain features, like the mailbox have been expanded.
    - You can now grab a block of text from the chat window with the Shift key, mouse drag, etc.
    - You can now cut out the text from the chat window with ctrl+X.

someone mind of explain how do they work?

Just like any other software that deals with text... How else?
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Yes, please turn off that profanity filter. Most 8 year olds nowadays spout worse insults on a daily basis than I've ever even thought of.
    Negumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Siodhan wrote: »
    Yes, please turn off that profanity filter. Most 8 year olds nowadays spout worse insults on a daily basis than I've ever even thought of.

very true, my second cousins are like half my age and I was shocked the kind of language and insults they knew for their age XD mabi should just have the filter on when you install the game and give a option to turn it off. most kids 10 or younger probably won't even know how to turn it off and if mabi is still concerned make the option require a password so parents can make it so the setting can't be changed. we already have a password system for our banks so it should be possible.
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    wow so the fonts don't lag anymore?
    most importantly, did it really took until 2018 for the fonts to get fixed? kinda expected this like 10 years ago but whatever