Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

500,000 gold for what exactly?

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
edited May 3, 2018 in General Chat
Am I missing something because the new homestead houses seem kind of pointless.

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    To go inside your house and do stuff. Not a great deal of stuff for now. This the first of a few homestead updates.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Well, look on the bright side; it's a step up from living in a cardboard house. I mean, at least you get a safe roof to protect you from rain and clean carpet instead of mud, yeah?
    KingEphypawcalypseXiokunVimiSunfallSkynajee508soobinayo
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    well we can't expect to have all the cool features yet. this is still a nice start as I thought this update would take much longer to get here. just getting this update is a great first step. we will likely see it improve later.
    TheDumbOne
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Why are people so upset over this lol

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

If you already bought it, you should have looked more into it.
    JJTheDumbOneTheNyanCatstegs
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It's weird that all the furnishings for the house only cost gold, and not homestead stones/materials.

I mean, it's convenient, but still weird.
    TheDumbOne
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yeah, knew it. After reading post i decided it's not worth it for me.
    TheDumbOnepeloisan
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited May 3, 2018
    Eh, I had the extra coin to throw at it. XD

Here's hoping the next portion of the update comes soon. =3
    YangKoete
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    So long as it becomes possible to create a player shop that we don't have to deal with the housing channel, I will be interested.
    TheDumbOne
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited May 3, 2018
    We are paying room and board for the house brownie. The house is even sized to the brownie's dimensions.

Felice wrote: »
    So long as it becomes possible to create a player shop that we don't have to deal with the housing channel, I will be interested.

I would prefer more auction house slots rather than a homestead shop at this point.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    Not my house of cards, tbh. Even if 200k a month (after that 500k initial payment) isn't hard to earn. Harudo Paso.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    We're not getting homestead shops until a bit later. This is stage one of the homestead update.
    TheDumbOne
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited May 3, 2018
    Looks like we're missing quite a bit of the update... hopefully it'll be added in soon. Otherwise it's either hit or miss.
    (Half a mil for 30 days, srsly bruh.)
    Rbce.gif
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    i've had a house for years...now i'm told that it's no longer mine....if i want it to be mine again it'll cost half a million a month or be evicted....gee thanks
    peloisan
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    ookie wrote: »
    i've had a house for years...now i'm told that it's no longer mine....if i want it to be mine again it'll cost half a million a month or be evicted....gee thanks

Well it's not like it's going to be deleted.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705

its not like 500k is hard to get in this game :/
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I think it goes to the same place the gold when you use the artifact appraisal skill goes. Down the divide by zero rabbit hole is my guess.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

You know, that sounds exactly like real life.
    Depending on what country you live in.

Over here, you own a house, but the land is not yours. The government owns it. And if they feel like it, they can throw you out. Don't know what happens tot he house, though, but I'd wager the national bank takes care of that.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 6, 2018
    500k is probably a more proper sum for Korea.... surprised they kept it the same cost here... but it's not too bad since it only costs 200k to extend the time if you catch it before it expires
    TheDumbOne
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Hm, can't use the stuff I bought and crafted for the housing channel houses, huh. Shame.
    Arjune wrote: »
    500k is probably a more proper sum for Korea.... surprised they kept it the same cost here... but it's not too bad since it only costs 20k to extend the time if you catch it before it expires

They never consider playercount when they releaseasing stuff. Otherwise, we wouldn't be complaining about economy and drop rates.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    you don't get it....it's the concept itself.....when they first did the Homesteads you had to work it to get to the level of getting house then building that house under the premise that it was yours.....everyone wanted to be able to enter it, but accepted the fact that they couldn't ....they still had their own house though......NOW.....we can finally enter.....BUT....the house no longer belongs to us.....we went from home owners to renters....the illusion of owning has been forever shattered.....if you have a house, but don't pay for it every month, you get to look upon it knowing it really isn't yours anymore.....sours the experience of having a homestead in the first place......it's pretty easy to say half a mill isn't much, but not everyone makes millions in gold on a regular basis in the game either.....it's the fact that we HAVE TO if we want to keep pretending that house on OUR homestead is really ours.....it's the word LEASE that kills it for me
    THICCthighssavelivesTweliepeloisan