Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Let me get this off my chest...

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited May 4, 2018 in General Chat
I disagree with reverting the wait time on the spring event...
We already have a daily cap.
And the main character restrict.
I'd say the faster paced waiting period is a "quality of life" improvement to an old(?) event. Albeit not intended.
It's mostly homestead props anyway just let people amass as much as they want to decorate their homestead!?

Since this event is full of niche aesthetic prizes the shorter wait time is more than welcomed.

K. I'm done.
Unless...I'm missing the big picture and is someone willing to fill me in on it? Something on the loot list worth millions of gold people can exploit the shorter wait time 2 acquire perhaps? Idk...Enlighten me if so.

source.gif
SollBlissfulkillcourtneyyMaia3rdyGretaRadiant DawnJazmynoffwithyourheadsVimiand 4 others.

Comments

• SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    There's literally no reason to revert it other than having players to afk for two hours for an event that is limited to one character per account. Make it 5, 10 minutes, i can understand. Two hours for 6 boxes is just unnecessary.

afknogi
    RheycourtneyyTwelieoffwithyourheadsstarkiller1286VimiSheenaMizukiHayamaIyasenulilblkroseand 1 other.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Yeah I'm sick of afk events too. Bring back events like Shoot the Sun, just make sure to buff its HP beforehand, cause I could probably solo it quite quickly :D...

Other suggestion

Zombies Attack event
    Loraine's Halloween event, forgot what that one was called
    Doki Doki (duh)
    Bazaar Event thing
    Dragon Boat racing event
    Both Skiing events
    RheycourtneyySoraHakuDASheenaMizukiHayama
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited May 4, 2018
    The prizes don't give us any type of char progression/advantage/rare_hoarding values to warrant an obligatory 2+hrs. I think the time it takes 2 just log in is more than enough of a due payment of our time for this event.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited May 4, 2018
    Rhey wrote: »
    The prizes don't give us any type of char progression/advantage/rare_hoarding values to warrant an obligatory 2+hrs. I think the time it takes 2 just log in is more than enough of a due payment of our time for this event.

well if the cherry blossom lake can be used for fishing it will certainly be worth doing this event and hs props look beautiful. as for value sound of spring hs items they became pretty rare selling from 400k gold to 1mil gold so even if a player has no interest in the rewards they could probably make some good gold off of them later.
    SoraHakuDA
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    2 minutes per day was what it was at.
    If you really wanted to you could just alt account for like 6000 boxes.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    forcing players to log in for 2 hours to get event items to boost the "active" player count numbers?
    instead of log in > wait 120sec > log out
    and/or the idea that if people are sitting around waiting for the notes they might go "might as well do ____ while i wait" and play the game, even though in reality many people just afk

i disagree with the wait time too though the super fast one was so refreshing
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    Lol. You know what's funny to me? I was actually willing to log in just to do the event when I could complete it in 2 - 5 minutes. Now, I don't feel motivated to log in at all to do the event. I hate the limitation as well, and I don't see the point especially when the server I'm on is hardly active anyway. I say, so what if people want to collect and hoard xx amounts of homestead items -- One major reason I play mabi is to do just that: hoard e v e r y t h i n g (because you know it's my fantasy life and it's enjoyable).
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Well at least everyone took advantage of the event yesterday. There should be a decent influx of homestead items.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    I mean... I don't really care either way. Event was more meant to reward people who play.
    might not be good rewards but, meh.

Could also be because they dont want people logging onto 50 accounts spending like a minute to get more boxes.

My problem isnt with wait times. It's just with the afk events in general.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited May 4, 2018
    I would be fine with 12 minutes, maybe even 30 minutes, but not two real life hours of the day. That's just excessive for cosmetic stuff. The other side of the argument would be: Well if it's just cosmetic, neat extras for the few high playtime players, then it's not worth fussing about. True, but then I'm disappointed that so much work went into trivial things that were meant as free little extras for few players instead of using that effort to fix the game.

devCAT just can't win with us lol. Oh well, can't be changed now. Thanks for the new content :)
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    devCAT just can't win with us lol. Oh well, can't be changed now. Thanks for the new content :)

Yes, if people are dissatisfied with the rewards, probably shouldn't complain in the time needed to get them. Game companies are probably never going to win with players, as players expectations will always not be met, hence why every game will be full of complaints, "This game is dead" etc.

Honestly its not that people are taken away from improving their game. They probably have a section of people who work on ideas for the game events etc.
    I highly doubt they don't have people who are working on some kind of issues or atleast making content that aren't events.If they don't its pretty inefficient

Events are more just rewards for players to 1. give extra things to do in between content updates, or 2. give a option in order to get some kind of items. Which im just happy we get events on a regular basis, some games will make you wait 6 months without even a word of a content update or event. Even if this one is crap next one would be good. My guess is this one is meant for people who have a certain interest, so they get a chance to get something they enjoy.
    TheDumbOne
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yeah i agree with OP. Afk events are boring, but 2 hour wait is actually nothing compared to some events where you need to afk like 5 hours or even 24/7 nonstop for a chance to get best rewards. Waiting 120 seconds to get done with events was nice. It was fun until it lasted.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 5, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Yeah i agree with OP. Afk events are boring, but 2 hour wait is actually nothing compared to some events where you need to afk like 5 hours or even 24/7 nonstop for a chance to get best rewards. Waiting 120 seconds to get done with events was nice. It was fun until it lasted.

Yeah I am pretty sure a lot of people logged into their 20+ alts and nabbed some decent stuff.

And I say, good for them. :)
  • JazmynJazmyn
    I'm curious... if NO ONE had actually SAID that we were collecting the notes so fast, would the time have actually been "fixed"? Can we all have an agreement to NEVER SAY ANYTHING about something as fantastic as a 2 minute wait time on an AFK event vs 2 hour wait time? xD
    THICCthighssavelives
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    I'm curious... if NO ONE had actually SAID that we were collecting the notes so fast, would the time have actually been "fixed"? Can we all have an agreement to NEVER SAY ANYTHING about something as fantastic as a 2 minute wait time on an AFK event vs 2 hour wait time? xD

Sadly, someone mentioned it right after, and one of the members apologized and said they'll fix it soon.

Were they apologized for it being broken, or apologized because they're making it take 2 hours instead of 2 minutes?
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Main thing I can see the 2 hour wait time is for is to keep people from spamming the event on alts.

Not like I did that the first day on every alt possible during the shorter wait time or anything
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Players blab about getting notes too quickly. Then they complain when they correct it.

Do you see the moral of the story here? :P
    JazmynBlissfulkill
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Can we just have cat bingo back please?
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Players blab about getting notes too quickly. Then they complain when they correct it.

Do you see the moral of the story here? :P

Exactly my point, just in fewer words that probably got the point across better. xD
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited May 6, 2018
    although the 2 minute wait time was nice 2 hour wait time is still not that bad. it goes by pretty quick if you work on your dailies or bard with some friends. there have been worst afk events then this. the hs props look beautiful, out of all the afk events we could have got I am glad we got this one just cause the hs props look so nice and detailed. also the title of the topic keeps reminding me of this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUoBq8pNzfNfTsxNx8sn_fqmCFmCQIvSVTNmxzDgRVpbjgAjpU
    THICCthighssavelivesstarkiller1286