Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Coming Back To Mabi

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    RS has way more issues than mabi.

and way more players :trollface:
    Someguywashere
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

and way more players :trollface:

Popularity=/=Quality

This is especially true when considering long running franchises and games, which already has earned a sizable audience. Some companies do not care because they can afford to lose players.

In any case, what exactly are you saying? I can name a number of popular games that are run by incredibly negligent companies.
  • SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Liyeta wrote: »
    I just wish that mabi team actually clean up the game so that it is at least okay to play as a new player.

Outdated graphics
    Toxic player base
    Bots…lots of bots.

Mabi reeks the smell of dead mmo. No one want to invest their time and money on mmo like that.

A low medium and high graphic / and texture option could help a lot. But yea let's stay at default low and call it unique :D
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited April 24, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    I just wish that mabi team actually clean up the game so that it is at least okay to play as a new player.

Outdated graphics
    Toxic player base
    Bots…lots of bots.

Mabi reeks the smell of dead mmo. No one want to invest their time and money on mmo like that.

I mean, runescape is doing just fine and it's way worse in all of those categories.

Even the MMO giant WoW has all of those problems too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Nothing else to say. Don't understand how people can deal with company like Jagex, they have been a bit too scummy lately. Especially when it comes to Deadman Tournament.

You mean

Jagex gives 10k to well known DDOSers and cheaters while simultaneously managing to make huge mistakes on their end every time.

Last DDM over 100 people disconnected at the start of the tournament, they ignored it entirely because apparently making a back up copy at the start of a tourny worth $10k is too hard.

Or how about the increase in membership costs and failed promise on top of failed promise.

This just in, Jagex once again messed up again but this time it was really bad. In deadman mode worlds players can attack each other anywhere and it has full loot, you also lose experience but the game mode is x5-x10 exp. For about 5 minutes, a random world that was normal got switched to deadman rules, players died lost exp, lost items, and jagex basically just tossed their hands in the air and said "oops". No word on if they're even going to restore lost items/exp to players affected by something 100% jagex's fault.

Jagex support is also done through twitter, and reddit. Only if you're popular enough to get noticed though. Other than that you're up **** creek without a paddle.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Outdated graphics
    Toxic player base
    Bots…lots of bots.

I mean, runescape is doing just fine and it's way worse in all of those categories.

Even the MMO giant WoW has all of those problems too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Nothing else to say. Don't understand how people can deal with company like Jagex, they have been a bit too scummy lately. Especially when it comes to Deadman Tournament.

You mean

Jagex gives 10k to well known DDOSers and cheaters while simultaneously managing to make huge mistakes on their end every time.

Last DDM over 100 people disconnected at the start of the tournament, they ignored it entirely because apparently making a back up copy at the start of a tourny worth $10k is too hard.

Or how about the increase in membership costs and failed promise on top of failed promise.

This just in, Jagex once again messed up again but this time it was really bad. In deadman mode worlds players can attack each other anywhere and it has full loot, you also lose experience but the game mode is x5-x10 exp. For about 5 minutes, a random world that was normal got switched to deadman rules, players died lost exp, lost items, and jagex basically just tossed their hands in the air and said "oops". No word on if they're even going to restore lost items/exp to players affected by something 100% jagex's fault.

Jagex support is also done through twitter, and reddit. Only if you're popular enough to get noticed though. Other than that you're up **** creek without a paddle.

Wow... This is just so bad. Jagex devs are full of cringe, i saw them in Twitch live streaming Q&A once and the way they talked and their body language is just... Ugh... Some of them looked very introverted.
    edited April 24, 2018
    Jagex devs are full of cringe, i saw them in Twitch live streaming Q&A once and the way they talked and their body language is just... Ugh... Some of them looked very introverted.

You called another person rude because he expressed his dislike of how another person looks and acts here: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/88726/#Comment_88726 and yet you do the same.
    Xypix wrote: »
    Yeah... no. Just... absolutely disgusting. Boo. Male clothing on females works, but this is just wrong.

It's okay that you don't like males in female clothing, but you shouldn't be this rude.
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 25, 2018
    Jagex devs are full of cringe, i saw them in Twitch live streaming Q&A once and the way they talked and their body language is just... Ugh... Some of them looked very introverted.

You called another person rude because he expressed his dislike of how another person looks and acts here: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/88726/#Comment_88726 and yet you do the same.
    Yeah... no. Just... absolutely disgusting. Boo. Male clothing on females works, but this is just wrong.

It's okay that you don't like males in female clothing, but you shouldn't be this rude.

Since when introvert is an insult? I didn't even specify what was wrong with their talking/body language/etc.
    P.S: I'm an introvert as well, but i would never reveal myself to millions of people in any kind of stream and such. Unless i would go in some kind of training for public speaking, etc. Please google definition of introvert before making any assumptions.
    It's cute how you tried to witch hunt me. Nice try.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

Since when introvert is an insult? I didn't even specify what was wrong with their talking/body language/etc.
    P.S: I'm an introvert as well, but i would never reveal myself to millions of people in any kind of stream and such. Unless i would go in some kind of training for public speaking, etc. Please google definition of introvert before making any assumptions.
    It's cute how you tried to witch hunt me. Nice try.

The other thing, Greta was more criticizing the poor quality of Jagex, not using introverted as an insult.

We're talking about a multi-million dollar company. The people speaking shouldn't be shifting around awkwardly and stuttering, it's a professional business related issue. Being introverted is fine, looking like you just pooped yourself while trying to talk to thousands of players about the future of the game they pay for is very different.
    Greta
  • SomeNoobProSomeNoobPro
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    This thread is insanely de-railed. Is this what were doing? Bashing on a clearly better game/company for no other reason but because we can? I mean nexon's over a BILLION dollar company and the CM/GM's we do see (no offense they're amazing, helpful and friendly) often stutter and pause during streams as well. With the added comfort of only seeing their faces. RS mods are clearly introverted nerds/geeks, who love their game and create content that people would enjoy. I would think that it would make them more relatable to the player base.

That being said I play both and I'm fairly "end-game" in both. They both have pros and cons that's longer than my arm. Is it worth coming back to mabinogi from time to time? Yep! It costs nothing but time and its worth it to reminisce once in awhile. Don't compare yourself to other people and you'll find any game more enjoyable that way.
    A commenter on the forums said Mabi's dev team was replaced as of a few weeks ago. Maybe we'll get some changes. And keep a look out for Mabi Mobile! That's where the hotness is now.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited April 26, 2018
    This thread is insanely de-railed. Is this what were doing? Bashing on a clearly better game/company for no other reason but because we can? I mean nexon's over a BILLION dollar company and the CM/GM's we do see (no offense they're amazing, helpful and friendly) often stutter and pause during streams as well. With the added comfort of only seeing their faces. RS mods are clearly introverted nerds/geeks, who love their game and create content that people would enjoy. I would think that it would make them more relatable to the player base.

That being said I play both and I'm fairly "end-game" in both. They both have pros and cons that's longer than my arm. Is it worth coming back to mabinogi from time to time? Yep! It costs nothing but time and its worth it to reminisce once in awhile. Don't compare yourself to other people and you'll find any game more enjoyable that way.

Define "end game" in both. Or, where you're at.

Unless you've been sleeping under a rock, no Jagex is not better.

In a point and click game they somehow managed to bug Right clicks, Oh not to mention for a while now the letter B and I (iirc anyway) caused the auction house (grand exchange) to close. Both the old school, and runescape 3 subreddits are on fire. Nexon lately has had amazing customer support, I had an issue a few days ago and it took them 45 mins to respond and fix the issue in live chat.

Jagex doesn't even have a support staff. The Support@Jagex email has been dead for a long time, the only way to get in contact with a GM is to go to twitter, or get enough upvotes on reddit. Good luck with actually having a problem solved unless you're a streamer though.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 26, 2018

The derailment happened when some people were really overreacting about Mabinogi's graphics and other common issues like botting or declining playerbase (which every game eventually has), making it seem like Mabinogi is a game that came from stone age or something. So i tried to remind others that there is a game with even crappier graphics which has bots on every corner and other issues which Hellkaizer pointed out, but for some reason the game still has a huge population and there are no signs that Runescape will lose playerbase any time soon, even though Jagex makes so much mistakes and for some reason their support is dead.
    P.S: Mabinogi > Runescape. Lol. That's my opinion, you don't need to get upset about it.
    Leinei wrote: »
    Hey, guys, remember how many teams have worked on this game? The original team is no longer around which caused massive issues when Iria debuted. The original code of the game is a black box (best I've heard it described) and figuring it out has been so difficult that past directors just simply started putting stuff on top of it. I'm not sure if it's still active, but in KR they have/had a team of Bug Busters that are/were dedicated to finding and fixing bugs. I remember we actually had a long-time bug repaired because of them maybe a year ago (can't remember which one, but I know people were happy) and if you actually look at PATCH NOTES you see what issues have been fixed. -_-

Is it possible they don't have the source code for the game and they are somehow modding it?
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Is it possible they don't have the source code for the game and they are somehow modding it?

Mabi was originally written using custom code. Not that long ago they even found and asked one of the original programers to look at it and explain how it works to the newer devs. Sadly they couldn't explain it (this was all explained in an interview a while back). So the new devs have to try and figure it out themselves.
    KingEphystarkiller1286