Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I just had an epiphany about Homestead Houses.

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in General Chat
Apparently, in a future update, we will be able to store stuff in our homestead houses and be able to sell things from them. This future capability is given as the reason for the imp in our houses and why they are charging us to use them. Okay given that when this goes into effect, then what will be the point of the residential areas? Since they are limited in size, not everyone can have a house. With that service shifted to the homestead then everyone can have a house and the residential areas are basically pointless.

I've also heard that, in a future update, Tailteann style farming will be available to the Homestead as well, meaning that doing so in Tailteann will also be pointless. But here is what all of this may imply.

Guild stone placement, rented fields in Tailteann, and especially guild castles and residential areas are problems that have to be dealt with if a server merge is to occur. If these things are shifted to the homestead then that is a big hurdle cleared. Is Nexon laying the groundwork for a server merge? DUN DUN DUN!!!!!
soobinayo

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Well, i heard they got rid of Residential Towns after full Homestead Housing update. Not surprised though and i'm really glad. Less Pay2Win content i guess. Can't comment anything about Taillteann Farming though, hearing it for the first time, but it sounds nice too. And also...
    We won't get Server Merge. At least for now. I feel like we might never get it. KR have Server Transfer thingies in their Cash Shop so let's hope they will add those here in the near future as well, since KR doesn't have population issues like we do.
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    If the loss of the HCH content becomes thing at the end of the Homestead House Overhaul, I'd like to see the area's repurposed into something new. The Guild Castles are a critical feature for their dungeons. So converting them into kingdom or dukedom zones buildable by the guild, like some kind of uber guild hall, I'd be pleasantly surprised. As far as the Tailltieann Farms, I don't see them ever disappearing, as the concept behind them is the same as sharecropping. You rent a plot of land from the local government, grow a crop, and sell the crop back to the government at the end of your lease. I don't see that going anywhere.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 6, 2018
    we will never be able to sell things from our homestead houses. eventually we will get bigger interior to our houses with more rooms and can install research facilities and I think the imp might even be removed

KR still has housing district but it was renamed to shopping district and the houses are now called shops. you still bid on a shop to get it, but the castle is no longer run by guilds. it's all done by the game itself

I didn't hear anything like that about farms. I guess there's a lot of rumors floating around :P
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    KR is definitely not laying the groundwork for a server merge. They would rather shut us down than allow that.
    [Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited May 13, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Well, i heard they got rid of Residential Towns after full Homestead Housing update. Not surprised though and i'm really glad. Less Pay2Win content i guess. Can't comment anything about Taillteann Farming though, hearing it for the first time, but it sounds nice too. And also...
    We won't get Server Merge. At least for now. I feel like we might never get it. KR have Server Transfer thingies in their Cash Shop so let's hope they will add those here in the near future as well, since KR doesn't have population issues like we do.

They did remove it, but the KR community was so large and vocal, that they brought it back to appease the masses.
    There's so much content KR has, even some sponsored stuff that Nexon NA just goes,
    "Meh, working with Coca Cola is too hard. Let's stick to appealing to the anime waifu syndrome."
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited May 13, 2018
    Felice wrote: »
    If the loss of the HCH content becomes thing at the end of the Homestead House Overhaul, I'd like to see the area's repurposed into something new. The Guild Castles are a critical feature for their dungeons. So converting them into kingdom or dukedom zones buildable by the guild, like some kind of uber guild hall, I'd be pleasantly surprised. As far as the Tailltieann Farms, I don't see them ever disappearing, as the concept behind them is the same as sharecropping. You rent a plot of land from the local government, grow a crop, and sell the crop back to the government at the end of your lease. I don't see that going anywhere.

It does get repurposed, just have to wait for it. The Castles are game upkept and still owned by guilds....so no more tedious saving materials and building.

The guilds will just have the option to be renamed and it's first come first server as per usual. Remember when they reset the guild names and those that were deemed inappropriate? Yeah..... it can be done.