Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Add new methods to learning skills!

NinzerkerNinzerker
Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
edited May 7, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
I've been trying for weeks to get the last couple of skills for chain slash.
But the requirements to do so are physically impossible

Take the Raging Spike quest for example, first task is "Complete Wave 4 of Avalon Bridge"
By the time you reach wave 2 you are already noticing some lag, by midway through wave 3 your frames per second drops to one, and as soon as wolves spawn a loss is all but guaranteed, as the wolves are nearly impossible to target, and stunlock you till a larger bear/boar can spawn to finish you off
The other task of note is "Earn Squire Uniform Boxes for Kaour Dai and Eirys", now take the factor that makes simply completing 80% of a single mission a monumentaly difficult if not impossible task, improve upon your results till you can actually afford to purchase a reward chest/crate, and add the RNG to the result.

So lemme get this straight.
You want me to:
"do the impossible",
add "Now do it even better"
and times it by "Now you have a slim chance"

I think that the development team should test their new content on something that's not a company funded development console, but an early-mid 2000's model PC. If it's unplayable on the same hardware popular at the time of the games initial launch, it shouldn't be implemented in that state!

I propose that there should be ways to bypass such ridiculous requirements, as players should not be penalised for restrictive monetary budgets.
  1. Do you think there should be alternate methods to earning skills8 votes
    1. Yes, but make it a purchase from cash shop items, or Adventurer Seals!
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Yes, but you have to earn it by defeating a boss that knows the skill you want to learn!
       13% (1 vote)
    3. No, the quests are fine as they are, and anyone who says otherwise just isn't trying hard enough.
       88% (7 votes)

Comments

• CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    Are you using Divine Link on Avalon Bridge? Also you can purchase the uniform boxes from other players pretty easily.
    MizukiHayama
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    I've tried divine link, several different AOE skills, (Chain Sweep, Spinning Slasher, + Kunai Storm, or snap casted fireballs) Invigorating Encores Puppet AI and Golems and Hydras
    Even tried just standing around with Lullaby, in hopes they all fall asleep and I can wipe the board with Meteor, none have worked
    Dance of Death however is a godsend, as a continuous AOE that continues attacking long after I've lost control of the character, but it doesn't last long even at r1, has a long cooldown even with encore giving a second use, and while one to 2 hitting the skeletons is great, it doesn't deal heavy enough damage to the bear/boars... If it lasted 10 times longer we'd be good
    Only thing I can think of but haven't tried yet is to make my own barrier spikes, and that's because I'm on a drip feed of AP and the other skills are still thirsty for more

As soon as wave 3 starts, the spawn rate is higher than I can reliably keep up with, despite everything but animal spawns being one hit kills, and quickly snowballs till I can't do anything. Can't even properly use skills because I'm usually trying to figure out where the enemy is in between the individual frames I'm getting

If I were to blow all points earned through first two waves, I could afford two of the squires, while with divine link thats three NPC's trying to assist while I can't do anything
    meanwhile they don't stop spawning, so while Pet, and two squires may eliminate a maximum of 3 at a time, there's still 6 more spawning to take their place

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Do you get that warning when starting the Nexon Launcher that your pc's specs are too low to play mabi? If so, it might be time for a computer upgrade. Getting through the squire missions through skill in the face of low framerates is just a band-aid solution to your core problem: slow computer.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Do you get that warning when starting the Nexon Launcher that your pc's specs are too low to play mabi? If so, it might be time for a computer upgrade. Getting through the squire missions through skill in the face of low framerates is just a band-aid solution to your core problem: slow computer.

I get this message, but I can play mabi quite well. It always says that for the weird laptop intel HD graphics card. For me personally only the shadows option will mess me up, so I have to turn it off.
    While getting a new computer would help I do feel as if mabi could be better optimized.

I find lullaby + hydra + divine link to be best, you can usually get to atleast wave 4 pretty easily.
  • NinzerkerNinzerker

Nope, no warning, everythings well within the "Minimum specs" to run the game, and I've obviously already turned off everything possible in graphics settings
    Zuomo wrote: »

I find lullaby + hydra + divine link to be best, you can usually get to atleast wave 4 pretty easily.

It's been brought to my attention that some have managed to do this with a Laighlinne partner using lullaby and a chain cast lightning wand, but hey, she's no longer available in cash shop, hooray for limited web shop availability leading to artificially inflated rarity on characters they don't have to pay royalties for

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Ninzerker wrote: »
    I think that the development team should test their new content on something that's not a company funded development console, but an early-mid 2000's model PC. If it's unplayable on the same hardware popular at the time of the games initial launch, it shouldn't be implemented in that state!

Mate, I don't want to disregard everything else in the thread, but technology in general and F2P games specifically don't generally work that way.

I don't think there's a whole heck of a lot of games that get updated quarterly that are still designed to run off of a '06 computer.

In general, your computer's lasted about 3x longer than most would expect, barring significant upgrades/starting with a high-end PC.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Lol. Just get new PC.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I have a two year old pc says that i have no graphic card when i start the game constant 20fps.
    I did all these quests with a basic chain and no divine link...
    Those squire boxes are like 50k same with most pages.
    And no im not some over leveled ttl 4xxxx im just a level 900 with a 1mbps internet connection.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    it would be nice to get more daily quests and have new items to spend them on but I don't think they should sell the skills in the adventure seal shop. maybe the squire outfit boxes and pages that go towards getting the skills could be added to the adventure seal shop making each page or squire outfit box cost at least 100 adventure seals or more to encourage players to work on dailies more
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    For the bridge, I recently did it to learn raging spike on a 1.7k elf who has mostly done life skills xD.
    So without hydra, Lullaby, other somewhat cheesy stuff.

Mostly just made sure to hire and place the squires well. So I'd say try and experiment with them. (all I did was spam chain sweeps/ the occasional saga Pegasus summon) though I do suffer from lag too, so I lost a balloon doing it.

• ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Why do you think they should be focused on supporting computers that are a decade or two old?

While a few years ago i would have agreed some skills are to hard to get i have come realise that to easy is far worse for the game