Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I just can't stay away from Mabinogi.

ShomarukiShomaruki
Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
in General Chat
I take a break, I come back in hopes of new improvements, I get depressed after waiting...I leave and I return again. Mabi is just that game I DON'T want to see die, but at the same time I'm just tired of never seeing the finish product. I respect the fact that yes, new content will always bring new players. However, there are STILL skills that are never finished. Mabinogi's biggest selling point to me back in the day was. "Learn skills, make friends, live a life." I remember when the game wasn't so big, people sat around in A.Arena chatting and C.Dungeon down the hill always looking for parties.

To make the game more of a challenge for me I went and started mastering life skills before anything else. I brought this up several hundred times I know but simple skills like Cooking. I was able that rank cap since it was released...Years ago. At this point I refuse to believe that translations of code isn't the issue.

I never once blames the devs for the bug in the game, I remember many of us using Mods that made Outstanding improvements to the client. Not just for graphics but also less lag issues. Yes there were people that were bad eggs that ruined the mod community for everyone but Nexon could of easily created a MOD check system that could of been tested and allowed download access. Before anyone declines that STEAM did such a task that lead to several of their games open for greater sells. Skyrim, Fallout, Half Life 2, Space Engineers.

I honestly don't know what else to do in the game, after I capped most life skills, demi god skills, dark knight skills, I then capped magic, and so forth. There really is no challenge in the game as far as fighting creatures. The soul reason I loved life skills because they actually required farming materials, depend on other life skills.

There are really TWO things I say that were worth in this game that I enjoyed and after that everything else they could of removed. The moongates no longer going off time. (Because back in the day trying to get paladin and if you missed that Saturday Moongate...it was a sad day for you.) And the rebirth didn't cost anything anymore. ...

Comments

• WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Shomaruki wrote: »
    I take a break, I come back in hopes of new improvements, I get depressed after waiting...I leave and I return again. Mabi is just that game I DON'T want to see die, but at the same time I'm just tired of never seeing the finish product. I respect the fact that yes, new content will always bring new players. However, there are STILL skills that are never finished. Mabinogi's biggest selling point to me back in the day was. "Learn skills, make friends, live a life." I remember when the game wasn't so big, people sat around in A.Arena chatting and C.Dungeon down the hill always looking for parties.

To make the game more of a challenge for me I went and started mastering life skills before anything else. I brought this up several hundred times I know but simple skills like Cooking. I was able that rank cap since it was released...Years ago. At this point I refuse to believe that translations of code isn't the issue.

I never once blames the devs for the bug in the game, I remember many of us using Mods that made Outstanding improvements to the client. Not just for graphics but also less lag issues. Yes there were people that were bad eggs that ruined the mod community for everyone but Nexon could of easily created a MOD check system that could of been tested and allowed download access. Before anyone declines that STEAM did such a task that lead to several of their games open for greater sells. Skyrim, Fallout, Half Life 2, Space Engineers.

I honestly don't know what else to do in the game, after I capped most life skills, demi god skills, dark knight skills, I then capped magic, and so forth. There really is no challenge in the game as far as fighting creatures. The soul reason I loved life skills because they actually required farming materials, depend on other life skills.

There are really TWO things I say that were worth in this game that I enjoyed and after that everything else they could of removed. The moongates no longer going off time. (Because back in the day trying to get paladin and if you missed that Saturday Moongate...it was a sad day for you.) And the rebirth didn't cost anything anymore. ...

Ah....You might not have heard, but Korea announced they were lifting the cap off of several life skills, including Cooking and Campfire and Rest. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before we have our caps unlocked too.

And I believe there will be a new homestead update where you'll have a bigger house to roam in (we can enter our Homestead Houses right now, but they are small at the moment), as well as adding new plots that apparently you can harvest (such as mushroom plots and potato plots).
  • KannaBestGirlKannaBestGirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited May 10, 2018
    O_o? Have you ever done your research? Cooking and most life skills are now uncapped in Korea. We will get the update as well soon. Geez, research first before posting something so unnecessary.
  • ShomarukiShomaruki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    O_o? Have you ever done your research? Cooking and most life skills are now uncapped in Korea. We will get the update as well soon. Geez, research first before posting something so unnecessary.

This isn't Korea, and second since you said soon. Please tell me the date :). Cause soon could be mean next week, next month, next year.. The world soon has no real time attachment.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I honestly don't know what else to do in the game

U can hunt 4 RS...If U need sumthing to do.

I've been trying 4 more than 6 month already and still got nada.

Just hit me up and let me know if Ur on Mari(?) when U get sum(3@least).

giphy.gif
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Rhey wrote: »
    I honestly don't know what else to do in the game

U can hunt 4 RS...If U need sumthing to do.

I've been trying 4 more than 6 month already and still got nada.

Just hit me up and let me know if Ur on Mari(?) when U get sum(3@least).

giphy.gif

Radiant String? If that's what ur talkin about, i just ended up buying mine. 3 strings for 8m each~ Over the 100+ runs of hm dungeons i nvr saw one so i wasn't waiting for that crap.

As for this game, ik what its like about not being able to stay away. I guess i have hopes for it getting better and i stay for a while~
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

I never once blames the devs for the bug in the game, I remember many of us using Mods that made Outstanding improvements to the client. Not just for graphics but also less lag issues. Yes there were people that were bad eggs that ruined the mod community for everyone but Nexon could of easily created a MOD check system that could of been tested and allowed download access. Before anyone declines that STEAM did such a task that lead to several of their games open for greater sells. Skyrim, Fallout, Half Life 2, Space Engineers. 1

I honestly don't know what else to do in the game, after I capped most life skills, demi god skills, dark knight skills, I then capped magic, and so forth. There really is no challenge in the game as far as fighting creatures. The soul reason I loved life skills because they actually required farming materials, depend on other life skills. 2

The issue is those games you listed are single player (some multi but not MMO). I too wish nexon would okay basic mods (screen shake disable, text change fix etc) but I doubt they will.

As for fighting stuff, you say there's no challenge but have you done phantasm? Or even back in the day a lot of elite sms were pretty hard.

I've also been cap on life skills since forever (enchant was hell...) not on my current account, but my original. I also did magic craft and engineering at release, the grind was fun.
    Twelie