Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Recent Event Prizes and Gachapons are Boring

HowenhiemHowenhiem
Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
edited May 12, 2018 in General Chat
Good items arent going into rotation in the market and everything is getting stale. Theres no new good weapons to get/buy. The last gacha wings were ugly. Metal dyes are literally about to become extinct (which is the worst of them all because i literally bought all the purple metal dyes on alexina and cant finish any of my armor or clothing sets monkaS). I keep wanting to come back to the game from my break but i have no incentive other then afk/login events that the best reward i can get is an extremely low chance at a......mini thunderbird and +25 luck title? 50 ap and a 50 skill seal??

Why is it so much to ask to have cool rewards like actual good dyes (white, black, pure reds, purples, greens) and not those colors that literally look like vomit. and im not exaggerating. Or ways to get high level mats like the ones for the borealis weapons and armor, or celtic xbow and chain. Enough with wings in gachapons, put more interesting stuff like male clothing that doesnt have short shorts or casual suits that actually make you feel like you're in a fantasy game. Also events that ARENT AFK/LOGIN or go kill a very easy field monster thats still basically an afk event.

The Halloween event Cursed Labyrinth is still the best event to ever grace this game because it was actually original and fun! It required you to make an effort for your rewards but was really different and interactive. Its rewards were also worth it to get with the first totems, vampire outfit, and Halloween HS items. Without content for the majority of your player base to do because the hardcore fans have done everything already, events and the market are what keeps them from leaving. Without good ones, you get the ghost towns like belvast where there may be a lot of people around, but no ones actually playing. Its sad.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 12, 2018
    Howenhiem wrote: »
    Good items arent going into rotation in the market and everything is getting stale. Theres no new good weapons to get/buy. The last gacha wings were ugly. Metal dyes are literally about to become extinct (which is the worst of them all because i literally bought all the purple metal dyes on alexina and cant finish any of my armor or clothing sets monkaS). I keep wanting to come back to the game from my break but i have no incentive other then afk/login events that the best reward i can get is an extremely low chance at a......mini thunderbird and +25 luck title? 50 ap and a 50 skill seal??

Gacha always been like this, but i agree with wings part. They got too common and ugly. We have been getting a lot of events and most of them were very rewarding. Did you do Little Orphan Alyn and Treasure Chest events? I liked rewards honestly and Alyn story was touching. I guess it's your problem for not liking cute pet or 2nd title. Also people like AP/skill seals. monkaS , lmao. Nice Twitch language.
    Why is it so much to ask to have cool rewards like actual good dyes (white, black, pure reds, purples, greens) and not those colors that literally look like vomit. and im not exaggerating. Or ways to get high level mats like the ones for the borealis weapons and armor, or celtic xbow and chain. Enough with wings in gachapons, put more interesting stuff like male clothing that doesnt have short shorts or casual suits that actually make you feel like you're in a fantasy game. Also events that ARENT AFK/LOGIN or go kill a very easy field monster thats still basically an afk event.

Didn't we just had some good dyes from Treasure Chest Event? Borealis Weapon mats are not that extremely rare, just do HM/Elite Shadow Missions... Some Celtic materials are ridiculously rare though. I still think you are exaggerating. A lot. Lately we are getting returned shopping bags, even got a new one, which looks nice on both males and females. And they look pretty fantasy-like to me. No comment about AFK events though, everyone have discussed about this hundreds of times.
    The Halloween event Cursed Labyrinth is still the best event to ever grace this game because it was actually original and fun! It required you to make an effort for your rewards but was really different and interactive. Its rewards were also worth it to get with the first totems, vampire outfit, and Halloween HS items. Without content for the majority of your player base to do because the hardcore fans have done everything already, events and the market are what keeps them from leaving. Without good ones, you get the ghost towns like belvast where there may be a lot of people around, but no ones actually playing. Its sad.

Halloween is still far away. Cursed Labyrinth was interesting the first time it got released, but it got boring after they released that event 2 more times. Rewards were mostly crap (low stat totems, ugly/boring outfits, HS seeds) that no one wanted anymore because that event was freaking released 3 TIMES in a row and everyone got overwhelmed by these same crap rewards after doing it with 6+ alts everyday.
    I actually liked The Tale of the Scariest Little Ghost. It was something new and i liked characters and story in there. Rewards most of the time were still meh, but at least we had something new.
    Belvast becoming ghost town is probably because of the new update which we got just recently - Auction House. If you don't know what it is just research it or log in and try it yourself. Very convenient.

In conclusion, i got one question for you: Do you really play Mabinogi or are you bad at paying attention? Because you gave me an impression that you either didn't actually play Mabinogi for at least ~2 years or you just log in every day and afk for no reason for the past year or so, because you think there's nothing to do.
    Twelie
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    i'm half and half on afk events, sometimes it's good to have one in the background but not too many after each other and 10 hours for this phoenix one is insanely long. mabi hurts PC too much to keep running for so long.
    some of the best times i've had in an event was in lorraine's nightmare. when it was just an event and festia wasn't released. can't even remember what the rewards were lol but was just so fun doing the mission with randoms and working together

also kinda sad after the dungeon update, less people can go in and the mobs have become HP sponges with too low CP in comparison. and some mats you can only get from there... disappointed duke and sephirot trans were released as gacha medals only instead of adding them to the trans list and giving us more reason to run those abyss dungeons.

good things recently tho: treasure box event and new outfit bags
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited May 12, 2018
    Daktaro wrote: »
    also kinda sad after the dungeon update, less people can go in and the mobs have become HP sponges with too low CP in comparison. and some mats you can only get from there...

Worse update ever. Also kinda wish we never got the Genesis update. Horray for longer cooldowns than charge times for "a more dynamic and exciting combat experience" and it wasn't even implemented properly so pets/partners have both cooldowns and charge times... *sigh...*
    Sphyra21ImaizumiWolfandWolfRadiant DawnTwelie
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited May 12, 2018
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Daktaro wrote: »
    also kinda sad after the dungeon update, less people can go in and the mobs have become HP sponges with too low CP in comparison. and some mats you can only get from there...

Worse update ever. Also kinda wish we never got the Genesis update. Horray for longer cooldowns than charge times for "a more dynamic and exciting combat experience" and it wasn't even implemented properly so pets/partners have both cooldowns and charge times... *sigh...*

Genesis update made the game playable. I hated the old combat, it felt like I was playing bootleg rock paper scissors with windmill spam because every other talent was basically useless. -removed-
    There's plenty of good items being bought and sold, maybe branch out from just in game parties? There is a lack of metal dyes, but the chance of the title and pet really isn't that low, I know a ton of people that got the pet or title. It seems somewhat common this time around. The ap is always nice, same with the skill seals for an event that we do nothing in it's pretty nice, minus the 10 hour wait.
    I wish we just got direct dyes instead of fixed. There's pixels of near black/white on every pallet anyway. The thing about shorts and outfits is spot on though, I don't want to look like a child. I liked cat bingo. There needs to be different ways to get some mats yes, but I think it's not too awful. Wings are dumb, they're so common even a noob could get them after like a day of playing. Get me some more app scrolls for weapons or other things not more awful wings there's like maybe 6 pairs of wings I like and out of those 6 I'd probably only ever consider wearing 1 or 2 of them.

This is because we're again, between content updates and MS2 beta as well. Once g21 hits we'll get a lot of people back. The Halloween event was fun once, maybe twice but after that it had stale rewards and was boring.
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Yeah the events are very boring, i can agree with that. Metal dyes? What're those? I haven't seen my green in forever~
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Got the title today. Selling it.
  • GoterxGoterx
    Mabinogi Rep: 480
    Mabinogi is losing users, I noticed it on channel 1 in Belvast and there are not many people, the truth Mabinogi is already boring
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 13, 2018
    Goterx wrote: »
    Mabinogi is losing users, I noticed it on channel 1 in Belvast and there are not many people, the truth Mabinogi is already boring

LOL. Good one.

I'm pretty sure less people are going to Belvast is because we got Auction House now. (Including me)
    MizukiHayamaYangKoeteAeolysImaizumi
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited May 13, 2018
    Greta wrote: »

LOL. Good one.

I'm pretty sure less people are going to Belvast is because we got Auction House now. (Including me)

There's hardly anything new listed on the housing channel as well.
    Even if KR wanted to keep the HS channel, NA might end up tossing it anyways.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Mission point was kind of cool in its own way...
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Rhey wrote: »
    Mission point was kind of cool in its own way...

Indeed, dat time commitment tho.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

I love when people look at belvast for 20 seconds and assume mabi is dying because less shops/people.

e18f6e5dc27c0992452838f3c31e2ef6.png

There's more people on right now than the average of last month.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

I love when people look at belvast for 20 seconds and assume mabi is dying because less shops/people.

e18f6e5dc27c0992452838f3c31e2ef6.png

There's more people on right now than the average of last month.

the reason theirs less in belvest is becuase now ppl can LOG OUT AND NOT AFK, cus of the auction house.- which i totally support. I mean most ppl in the forums defending afking usually coin the "need my shop up"

now that the afking is solved, thats why it appears like less is online.
    Imaizumi