Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

power of the ancient giants quest!

SnowWarSnowWar
Mabinogi Rep: 510
edited May 12, 2018 in Help
I can't complete it no matter what I do everytime I try, I just end up dead by the time I get half way through. I only am able to get half way through.

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    How though?
    Its just rock paper scissors combat.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    SnowWar wrote: »
    I can't complete it no matter what I do everytime I try, I just end up dead by the time I get half way through. I only am able to get half way through.

What do you mean are the monsters too tough?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 15, 2018
    Giants are known to have a particularly weaker transformation during this RP for some odd reason.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited May 15, 2018
    Helsa wrote: »
    SnowWar wrote: »

What do you mean are the monsters too tough?

My husband had a really difficult time with this quest as well, I even tried for him and it was super hard to get by; the only thing I could figure is with the dungeon revamp, these RP quests weren't taken into consideration and are made more difficult due to a general dungeon difficulty increase without increasing the abilities of the RP characters.

@SnowWar, unfortunately you will just need to keep trying, but it IS possible. Good luck!
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    I dont get it. Its just basic mabi combat it shouldn't be that hard.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Opalthira wrote: »

If you're lagging, the rock paper scissors combat is much harder to pull off.

When I played this quest on my main it was back during my super laggy days (800-4000ms ping to California - yes, 4 seconds) and I didn't understand how anyone was able to fight until I saw a video of a lagless player and realised I was playing an entirely different game. The enemies moved so fast and the game just didn't register any inputs during lag spikes until it was too late.

I'm on a better connection now (400ms, not great, just better) and I can actually respond in time to most enemy movements.

So while it's possible that OP just needs to learn how to play, it's just as likely that there's another factor preventing them from using the appropriate countering skill in time... like the lag spikes that have been plaguing us for the past week, perhaps.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Eralea wrote: »
    So while it's possible that OP just needs to learn how to play, it's just as likely that there's another factor preventing them from using the appropriate countering skill in time... like the lag spikes that have been plaguing us for the past week, perhaps.

That's a good point. If it is a part of the OP's problem they should at least denagle their PC (pretty much anyone more than 2-3 time zones from the servers benefit greatly from this).
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited May 17, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »

If you are new, getting to this quest and getting killed instantly with one hit making you revive at the statue and you are wounded, makes this not easy. You don't have soul stones, you don't have first aid, you don't have campfire, you don't have pets to heal you, etc. It isn't like you only get hit for 1 damage in this quest. From what I can tell, the dungeon revamp really did a number on a lot of RP quests; stuff I am going through now on new characters, was a lot easier in the past then it is now.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    I watched someone do the entire dungeon as a giant and only spamming smash.
    It took them 15-20 minutes to do.
    When i did it i didn't have a problem with it either.
    Just did the ol n2 counter, n2 smash, and throw in a few defends.