Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cookie Island returns

NegumikoNegumiko
Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
edited May 16, 2018 in General Chat
I could not find anything about the Cookie Island event on the mabi KR website but here are the links to the event on the Japanese mabi site:
http://mabinogi.nexon.co.jp/notice/eventBoardContent.asp?st=&se=&dp=0&th=6610999&ix=6610&p=

http://mabinogi.nexon.co.jp/notice/eventBoardContent.asp?ix=6597

looks like it is mostly the same as the first Cookie Island event. hopefully there will be some new event content in it but either way it is great to see this event return :)
JazmynImaizumi

Comments

• ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Doing the event itself was kind of boring, but I still liked the event because it had good rewards for the time you put in. Our current afk fiestas don't even have relatively good rewards to the time you spend afking in comparison.

Really hoping they add some new rewards since I already have the Waffle Waifu costume, but it's great that other people can get it nonetheless.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited May 16, 2018
    Time to say hello to Marzi the Cookie Witch again.
    638d865805.png

And eventually her sorta friend the Cookie Wizard who doesn't get a portrait, ha.

Last time I got Magic Cotton Candy #179.
    Wonder what number I'll get this time around.

Last time this event came around was 2016, right?
    Back then we also had that MapleStory crossover AFK event with the mushrooms/yetis/pepes during it and an attendance event near the end of it that led into the Little Ghost event for Halloween. Definitely earlier in the year than it was last time.
    Radiant Dawn
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Cookie Witch is so gosh darn beautiful....
    Radiant DawnZarozianCrimsọnAeolys
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Cookie_Island_Event

I'm surprised you didn't check the wiki? Usually when something says "return of" it means we had it before and wiki should have the info. The cookie island event for Japan is tied to their anniversary event so they have completely different rewards than we will have. Basically they have the rose themed homestead items we had for our recent anniversary, squire balloons, and some of the hot time rewards we got.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Arjune wrote: »

I'm surprised you didn't check the wiki? Usually when something says "return of" it means we had it before and wiki should have the info. The cookie island event for Japan is tied to their anniversary event so they have completely different rewards than we will have. Basically they have the rose themed homestead items we had for our recent anniversary, squire balloons, and some of the hot time rewards we got.

I checked the wiki but that is for the Cookie Island event we had in 2016. some events that return sometimes have new content, like the sound of spring event for example. new mini story and hs props plus most of the old ones from last year or the Naco Commerce event that returned the same but with different and new rewards. wanted to try to find a more recent event page for Cookie Island this year to see if anything could be slightly different. the wiki wouldn't have provided any new information. looks like it will probably be a repeat of the event in 2016 but we will find out soon enough.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900

I was wondering about that, but this makes more sense now. It seemed way too odd that they would add the anniv. items AGAIN so soon after they were originally released. So it seems, if there are new items, we don't really have much of an idea of what they are yet. I really do hope we do get new items and it's not simply completely the same. The Phoenix event at the very least added a new pet, a new title, and I think those Phoenix Knight outfits weren't in the event the last time it came around (although the outfits themselves aren't new).
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited May 17, 2018
    I'm hoping for a new pet or titles myself, since I already have the cotton candy broom from last time... but I also hope they still keep the cotton candy broom because my friend missed it last time. They most likely did change it up, but we can't go by Japan this time. I highly doubt they will give us the romantic rose stuff again so soon. JP even has some sound of spring items in their cookie island event this time... lol. We'll have to wait to find out
    WolfandWolf
  • Radiant DawnRadiant Dawn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,195
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    638d865805.png

And eventually her sorta friend the Cookie Wizard who doesn't get a portrait, ha.

Back then we also had that MapleStory crossover AFK event with the mushrooms/yetis/pepes during it and an attendance event near the end of it that led into the Little Ghost event for Halloween. Definitely earlier in the year than it was last time.

hmm, i would like to have her hair as a wig without the waffle cone hat if possible. owo
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    638d865805.png

hmm, i would like to have her hair as a wig without the waffle cone hat if possible. owo

It is a gachapon drop, and one of the rarer ones.
  • ArjuneArjune
    seems to be 100% exactly the same. I don't see any new rewards whatsoever XD
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    seems to be 100% exactly the same. I don't see any new rewards whatsoever XD

At least it has some decent rewards though, anyone who wants to live in candy land can fulfill their desires.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Ew, I just remembered.

All the homestead decorations from this event aren't stackable.

Unless they changed that, it's still a total hassle to hold on to these decorations if you aren't immediately installing them on your homestead.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Ew, I just remembered.

All the homestead decorations from this event aren't stackable.

Unless they changed that, it's still a total hassle to hold on to these decorations if you aren't immediately installing them on your homestead.

RIP inventory then.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    So the boxes come with a chance for large nails.
    This is that awkward moment where I'm finally okay with them dropping due to the vast amount of Bamboo Fences I'll be placing in my newly expanded x3 HS.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    gotta love this reference xD
    Tf8kcTV.jpg
    Jazmyn
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Meh. Ignored it the first time, probably going to do so again.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Shaeli wrote: »

Ignore? Why?
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Shaeli wrote: »

this, already done last time and don't care about figures
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited May 17, 2018
    I still had all the things for it from last time in my Chef's Bag.

I'm such a hoarder. :|
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Sai wrote: »
    I still had all the things for it from last time in my Chef's Bag.

I'm such a hoarder. :|

Your not the only one. I had them too.