Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cookie Island is back!

Comments

• TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    does this event also include the several days investment of a cotton candy broom and title?
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    does this event also include the several days investment of a cotton candy broom and title?

WE don't know as no one has said if this will be happening. Personally I hope so for the newer players as well as older ones that may have missed out on that last time.
    Jazmyn
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 18, 2018
    Just a little fun fact... the Kupas from this event are based on a japanese sugar candy called konpeito

a77fee9756618a9990ab31a64d885bec.jpg

I've always thought those candies were cute even though they're just little spiky balls ... probably because they're made to resemble little stars. the star candy in this event is --you guessed it. Konpeito! XD Also they are a favorite treat of the little sootballs in spirited away <3

047e36db001fa28c800dcccf0cfb5dd6.jpg
    KatherzKttyJazmynIyasenuAeolysBlissfulkillMizukiHayamaDarkpixie99
  • DueFussDueFuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    Shoog wrote: »
    DueFuss wrote: »
    Is there a skill level requirement for making sparkling water?
    I thought maybe the registered char had to make it, but that didn't work either.

@Jazmyn posted a link above in a post to the wiki page for the event when it released previously (in case you might have missed it). Hopefully it will be of some help. https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Cookie_Island_Event I haven't participated in the event just yet so I don't remember much about it's quests.

Not sure what i was doing wrong, but did finally get it to work.

30% star candy,
    mabinogi_2018_05_18_001.jpg
    60% water
    mabinogi_2018_05_18_002.jpg
    & 10% lemon.

for reference:
    Measuring.png
  • CDMarilCDMaril
    Mabinogi Rep: 990
    anyone knows can we get the pet and the title this time??
  • KttyKtty
    CDMaril wrote: »

Only a couple post above this one already answered that question. No one knows and no one from Nexon is saying. All we can do is wait to find out.
    peloisan
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 18, 2018
    Ktty wrote: »
    CDMaril wrote: »

Only a couple post above this one already answered that question. No one knows and no one from Nexon is saying. All we can do is wait to find out.

I feel like this is a recycled event, but i still like to get more HS items and maybe a Kupa Mini-Gem so i will still keep doing it.
    Will die of laughter if we actually get something new on this event and all these people who said that they did this last time and not gonna do this again will be left with opened mouths lol.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    I remember once upon a time, I killed 50+ of each gingerman before I hit info to find out that I needed to kill an even amount of them.
    Jazmyn
  • KttyKtty
    Aeolys wrote: »
    I remember once upon a time, I killed 50+ of each gingerman before I hit info to find out that I needed to kill an even amount of them.

LOL!........... I did same thing first time I did the event too!! I was soooo mad but still got thru it.
    Aeolys
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    DueFuss wrote: »
    YangKoete wrote: »
    I remember back when I first did it;

No one realized there was a pet to get or a nice 2nd title, and everyone was panicking as I told them =w=

Pet? What pet and how?

Mostly because I did it each day and I just did everything so quickly XD A lot of people destroyed the liege waffles too.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    as long as this event lasts more then 14 days, we should be able to still get the Mcwaffle title and broom pet.
    i'll post the info here becuase ITS VERY IMPORTANT to advertise that it needs a certain amount of days (14 total) to complete the quest and obtain the rewards.
    Rewards:
    Mcwaffle 2nd title; (Max ATT +5, Magic ATT +15, Magic Defense +5,Magic Protection +5,
    S.S Cotton candy broom pet
    S.S._Cotton_Candy.png

All 14 quests in order you MUST complete to obtain the end reward;
    -[Event] Cookie Island Event
    -[Event] Word from the Captain
    -[Event] A Sweet and Tiny World
    -[Event] Cut, Dig, and Catch!
    -[Event] Aim, Hit, and Win!
    -[Event] Create More and More!
    -[Event] Dark Chocolate-Covered
    -[Event] Plain Liege Waffle (reward- waffle)
    -[Event] Butter Liege Waffle (Reward-butter waffle)
    -[Event] Walnut Liege Waffle (reward walnut waffle)
    -[Event] Caramel Liege Waffle(C. waffle)
    -[Event] Berry Liege Waffle (berry waffle)
    -[Event] Minty Shooting Star- defeat the kupas in order- Red, Yellow, Yellowgreen, Green, Blue, Purple-use cookie wands
    -[Event] McWaffles; Obtain the end rewards above.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Can't wait to fight the Cookie Witch. Advanced Heavy Stander and she Chain Casts Candy-Fireball, Thunder and Ice Spear. *groans...*
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Can't wait to fight the Cookie Witch. Advanced Heavy Stander and she Chain Casts Candy-Fireball, Thunder and Ice Spear. *groans...*

Bring your Blunt weapon to smash her and silence her.

At least her candy fireball doesn't hurt much.
    Add in a pet constantly attacking her to keep her physical attack's attention (especially with divine link) and it's only a matter of time.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Bring your Blunt weapon to smash her and silence her.

At least her candy fireball doesn't hurt much.
    Add in a pet constantly attacking her to keep her physical attack's attention (especially with divine link) and it's only a matter of time.

Or you know... If you are human... Just Final Hit :D
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I think it's more like 12 days @TheDumbOne -- those first 4 quests I'm pretty sure were all do-able on day 1, then the next 8 each take 1 day which makes 9 total. then the 2nd to last quest should take 3 days since you can only go into the snack tent once a day... that brings it to 12 days total. then the very final quest I don't think makes you wait another day to do once you finish [Event] Minty Shooting Star. still quite a few days though and it woulda been nice if they mentioned that in the news post, but then again I don't see anything at all about the leige waffles or the cookie witch questline there :/ I wonder why they left it out?
    TheDumbOne
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Anyone have information that would help us with the Runaway Gingerman? No one seems to know when it's supposed to spawn, or what we're supposed to do....
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Anyone have information that would help us with the Runaway Gingerman? No one seems to know when it's supposed to spawn, or what we're supposed to do....

A friend seems to have assessed the time between spawns to be ~2h. And for doing, just waiting I guess.
  • AeolysAeolys
    I was hoping the devs would make a way to spawn the field boss on a predictable time-schedule. But I was just kidding myself and they can't change a recycled event outside the prize pool.
    LokitinCDMaril
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Can we get a list going for the contents of the Savory Gift Box? There isn't one on the wiki yet and the announcement only lists the rewards from the Sweet Gift Boxes, so I reckon the players are gonna have to crowdsource the list.

So far I've gotten the Homestead Straight Biscuit and Homestead Crooked Biscuit.

How does the Savory Box differ from the Sweet Box?
    MizukiHayamaGretaDarkpixie99Crimsọn
  • AeolysAeolys
    Eralea wrote: »
    Can we get a list going for the contents of the Savory Gift Box? There isn't one on the wiki yet and the announcement only lists the rewards from the Sweet Gift Boxes, so I reckon the players are gonna have to crowdsource the list.

So far I've gotten the Homestead Straight Biscuit and Homestead Crooked Biscuit.

How does the Savory Box differ from the Sweet Box?

Wow. Wiki doesn't have the Savory Box, even with the 2016 event. Well, to contribute to the list, I got a Cabbage Seed. But because of the strong idlenogi game, I would have to say "it is not even worth the time". We get ONE box. I don't care how amazing the feature prize may be, even if it is a free pet or a handful of pons, it is not worth it.