Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Weekly Loc Discussion: Romance and Sound of Spring

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited June 6, 2018 in Weekly Loc Discussion Archive
Thank you so much for your feedback last week! After reading everything you had to say, we've decided to change the Little Orphan Alyn titles to "Super Mom" and "Super Dad"! Stay tuned for that in an upcoming patch!

For this week's topic... With Sound of Spring: Love Blooms in full, um, bloom, hehe, what do you consider the greatest romance in Mabinogi to be? How is Luke and Heidi's romance stacking up against it so far?

-The Mabinogi Localization Team
BlissfulkillShoogNegumikoIyasenu
  1. What do you think of Luke and Heidi's blooming romance?17 votes
    1. I love it! They are super cute and can't wait to see what happens!
       76% (13 votes)
    2. Oh come on! They both can do better.
       6% (1 vote)
    3. Okay, but what about.... (insert a better romance in the comments below!)
       18% (3 votes)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    cute couple but I think Luke tries to hard and Heidi is a bit to picky. Luke clearly goes out of his way to show he cares with all the gifts and even calling that first awful bacon bento great and Heidi is not completely sure yet if likes him that way or not. they are a good match but Luke will be crushed pretty bad if things don't work out. no matter which way it goes it is quite interesting to watch.
    Katherz
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited May 17, 2018
    Is there anything that comes solely or mostly from the NA localization team, like entire events, quests, or features?

edit* I ask because I'm wondering if you're able to change the actual storyline (of sound of spring event) based on our feedback.
    Jazmyn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I think they both could do this better.

Heidi is clueless and Luke has no guts. :D
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Where I am (post-restaurant date), Heidi is unsure of whether she likes Luke romantically. She wants to return the gesture and is now sending him gifts, though. Perhaps they should date for a month or so and if things don't look well, remain as friends. Luke might realize he's not so crazy for her after that.

As for the greatest romance in the game... the story has made it so that many of the pairs that could've been, can't be. Tarlach and Kristell would probably have my vote.
    I wonder how Atrata and Taunes are faring, though. Or Leymore and Jenna for that matter...
  • AshersAshers
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,170
    I love it! I adore how after you give her the hat she wears it, such a nice touch ♥
    ShadduraIyasenuAava
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 17, 2018
    I may be a bit biased, but I think the greatest romance in Mabinogi is Taunes and Atrata... they both fell in love despite the hatred between their races, they each saved the other's life and made great sacrifices. Even though Taunes is blind now and Atrata went for a while with no memory of her beloved they still persevered and hold onto the flame for each other in their hearts. Even though they are so far apart they long to be with one another again someday. I only WISH THEY COULD! it makes me so sad that elves and giants still can;t marry each other, but hopefully some day it can be a thing, and they can use Taunes and Atrata's wedding as a way to pull the 2 races even closer together

2nd best would probably be Elatha and Andras..... but that one is just tragic :'c ....

Pihne and Caswyn is cute though. Also Dowra and Maike even though it's not completely official XD
    KatherzGreta
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Best?

I really liked the Milletian and Eavan/Aodhan back during G3. (depending on the player character's gender)
    I loved getting their backstories during G3 as well as the protective charm to keep you safe through the other world's dangers.

And their epilogue during the credits where they talk about how glad they were to have met you.
    Even if they forget about you, due to Tuatha being unable to remember Milletians for very long, they want you to know that they care about you.

4b596ad27f.png

Anyways, as for Luke and Heidi, I'm invested.
    I wanna see things work out between the two of them.

Heidi was so oblivious since Luke was being fancy instead of being blunt.
    And Heidi's bad results with cooking were funny, as was Luke's insistence on eating it all.
    It's cute stuff. I can't wait to see the rest of the story.
    KatherzTaffytaArjune
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Am I the only one who thinks that Luke's just a creeper considering he kept pursuing Heidi despite her voicing her discomfort and strictly business relationship early in their exchanges?

I understand it's supposed to be a cliche of if you keep trying anything can happen and love blossoms in the thorniest of mazes, but it just seems like Heidi randomly felt like reciprocating later down the line rather than a natural change of mind after event x and or y proving her disbelief from before, or something.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited May 18, 2018
    ^Heidi is just dense. Dense people need love too, but you gotta be persistent.
    ArjuneJazmyn
  • TaffytaTaffyta
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    Luke & Heidi are very cute but Aodhan and the Milletian is my favorite couple!! Leymore & Jenna made a pretty nice pair too wouldn't mind seeing them again.
    Iyasenu