Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Longest Sustained Marriage?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    i had a friend who got married back when it first came out he and his wife irl internet got hacked and they lost everything and i mean everything besides there mains even the pets where gone and the mains where naked and still married so they changed the pass and left them and re found them many years later and gave them clothes and a setup and changed the password again so idk sounded kinda cute for a story for you guys <3

Getting hacked = Cute story.

Ok.
  • SAY_YES_2ninjarevampSAY_YES_2ninjarevamp
    Mabinogi Rep: 650
    edited May 23, 2018
    Oof sorry to break it to you guys but it was just a meme, this is Viperpwns90 speaking (ignore the name this account was made before ninja revamp) But the whole Viper x Alcana thing was a meme, people kept shipping us together to we meme'd it up and bamboozled everyone, we got divorced on stream and that was the end of that :D Alcana is one of my best friends regardless but now that people finally stopped shipping us after this whole scenario it's not as awkward and now we got another thing to talk about, all the memes we generated.
    Greta
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Oof sorry to break it to you guys but it was just a meme, this is Viperpwns90 speaking (ignore the name this account was made before ninja revamp) But the whole Viper x Alcana thing was a meme, people kept shipping us together to we meme'd it up and bamboozled everyone, we got divorced on stream and that was the end of that :D Alcana is one of my best friends regardless but now that people finally stopped shipping us after this whole scenario it's not as awkward and now we got another thing to talk about, all the memes we generated.

HOW DARE YOU SINK OUR SHIP!!!
  • LalorikoLaloriko
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Greta wrote: »
    Met my boyfriend in this game. I still remember when i was newbie being lost in this game and he noticed my name and added me immediately because it is rare to meet lithuanian players in this game. We started to chat and hang out. After a month or so, i started to realize that i was getting jealous whenever he's hanging out with other female players. I was kinda bad at hiding it and he soon noticed that himself lol. He proposed to me as his Elf character first and we got married. Still remember when i was fangirling really bad... :D But after few months he decided to divorce on his main Human character since the girl he married long ago wasn't playing anymore. So we got re-married again. Soon after that, we met irl and now we are living happily together. <3
    Sort of sad that he's not playing Mabinogi anymore and i can't seem to pursue him for come back... :') Always tell him what's new in here and he still shrug it off. Probably G21 will make him come back for few days lol.

NoDb4ye.png

Fun fact: Alcana is a lithuanian too. She also was my fellow guildmate. She's really sweet, but it's hard to get her trust. Really surprised to find out that she got married to that guy (not gonna comment further about him). Two overpowered Giants got united. R.I.P Elf race.

"How dare you call Alcana sweet! How dare you say it's hard for her to trust! And how dare you call her a filthy Adidas track suit wearing Lithuanian!" To correct you Alcana is a monster from the depths of the underworld pure and simple! ♥ [PS:No offense to the Adidas track suit wearing Lithuanians, you may continue electro shuffling.]
    0264d57ed81bb5e3192849063cf08f8ae9ae81eb_hq.gif
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Laloriko wrote: »
    Met my boyfriend in this game. I still remember when i was newbie being lost in this game and he noticed my name and added me immediately because it is rare to meet lithuanian players in this game. We started to chat and hang out. After a month or so, i started to realize that i was getting jealous whenever he's hanging out with other female players. I was kinda bad at hiding it and he soon noticed that himself lol. He proposed to me as his Elf character first and we got married. Still remember when i was fangirling really bad... :D But after few months he decided to divorce on his main Human character since the girl he married long ago wasn't playing anymore. So we got re-married again. Soon after that, we met irl and now we are living happily together. <3
    Sort of sad that he's not playing Mabinogi anymore and i can't seem to pursue him for come back... :') Always tell him what's new in here and he still shrug it off. Probably G21 will make him come back for few days lol.

NoDb4ye.png

Fun fact: Alcana is a lithuanian too. She also was my fellow guildmate. She's really sweet, but it's hard to get her trust. Really surprised to find out that she got married to that guy (not gonna comment further about him). Two overpowered Giants got united. R.I.P Elf race.

"How dare you call Alcana sweet! How dare you say it's hard for her to trust! And how dare you call her a filthy Adidas track suit wearing Lithuanian!" To correct you Alcana is a monster from the depths of the underworld pure and simple! ♥ [PS:No offense to the Adidas track suit wearing Lithuanians, you may continue electro shuffling.]

I hate when people compare/mistake us with russians. This is immature way to stereotype people, smh.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

I hate when people compare/mistake us with russians. This is immature way to stereotype people, smh.

Tfw you live half way across the globe from nexon headquarters and get less lag than I do in Canada... Feelsbadman.

It does border Moscow pretty much, so the stereotypes do make a little sense even though it's culturally different on many levels. Are you bilingual Greta?

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Zarozian wrote: »
    I also happen to know several Lithuanian girls. They have like the second fastest internet connection in the world! >;(

That's true. Our internet is sweet in here. :sunglasses:

Indeed, sweet.

Just like you. ;)
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Ah but the strange thing about Lithuania is that it also has the 2nd highest suicide rates in the world. =/

And coming in at number one for both, fastest internet and highest suicide rates, is Korea. o -o

Coincidence? I think not! o 3o
  • LalorikoLaloriko

NoDb4ye.png

So you're saying that is Russian behavior, which is also you stereotyping Russians as those type of people. How mature of you. It's called a joke Greta. Learn to move through life without the need to immediately assume everyone is hating on you. ♥ Peace. ☯ ☮
    edited May 24, 2018

NoDb4ye.png

So you're saying that is Russian behavior, which is also you stereotyping Russians as those type of people. How mature of you. It's called a joke Greta. Learn to move through life without the need to immediately assume everyone is hating on you. ♥ Peace. ☯ ☮

It is possible that people assume Lithuanian and Russians were similar based on the same stereotype. Similar to how some cannot differentiate between Cambodian, Vietnamese, and Thai folks. Greta is likely not stating these stereotypes were true of Russians, but that they were attributed to be fairly true of Russians, which was then assumed true of Lithuanians.

Especially since Lithuania isn't quite a country most heard of (I myself thought of Luxembourg, for some odd reason. I think three of current my girlfriends are from there) compared to international juggernaut known as Russia.

Which is then Greta acknowledging the stereotype, not professing a belief in it.
    Laloriko
  • LalorikoLaloriko

NoDb4ye.png

It is possible that people assume Lithuanian and Russians were similar based on the same stereotype. Similar to how some cannot differentiate between Cambodian, Vietnamese, and Thai folks. Greta is likely not stating these stereotypes were true of Russians, but that they were attributed to be fairly true of Russians, which was then assumed true of Lithuanians.

Especially since Lithuania isn't quite a country most heard of (I myself thought of Luxembourg, for some odd reason. I think three of current my girlfriends are from there) compared to international juggernaut known as Russia.

Which is then Greta acknowledging the stereotype, not professing a belief in it.
    I'll just state for the record on my behalf that I'm not assuming anything about Lithuania and other countries near it's borders. This was actually more of an inside joke than an outside looking in. [The one about Lithuania being apart of Russia. Fairly common joke.]

Though of course it's disdained by some and quite humorous to others. I suppose I could have applied the textual sarcasm even though I added the PS..just to imply the further emphasis on the humor.

Also when you're acknowledging a stereotype you're perpetuating it. So there is some belief in it to be true, I'm guessing first hand experience and/or as our PC age states YouTube, Google, inter-webs etc.

Though you're appreciated for providing some clarity into whatever this is. I'll end it though because this is only derailing the thread post anyway.~

My longest sustained in-game marriage was 2 years.

• ZarozianZarozian

NoDb4ye.png

Just like how people can't tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese, and Korean except by language and their last names. = w=
    Laloriko
    edited May 24, 2018

NoDb4ye.png

I'll just state for the record on my behalf that I'm not assuming anything about Lithuania and other countries near it's borders. This was actually more of an inside joke than an outside looking in. [The one about Lithuania being apart of Russia. Fairly common joke.]

Though of course it's disdained by some and quite humorous to others. I suppose I could have applied the textual sarcasm even though I added the PS..just to imply the further emphasis on the humor.

Also when you're acknowledging a stereotype you're perpetuating it. So there is some belief in it to be true, I'm guessing first hand experience and/or as our PC age states YouTube, Google, inter-webs etc.

Though you're appreciated for providing some clarity into whatever this is. I'll end it though because this is only derailing the thread post anyway.~

My longest sustained in-game marriage was 2 years.

It is not the same. Acknowledging ignorance where it stands is not tantamount to being ignorant.

If someone chooses to believe a commonly held stereotype because it was iterated regardless of the actual context, it is the fault of person choosing to believe so. Choosing to remain silent about pervasive attitudes in terms of their ubiquity is to propagate prejudiced attitudes, not the other way around.

The idea being that there is less belief in the actual stereotype being real, but professing the concept that some people do genuinely abide or believe in said stereotype. These are radically different practices.
This discussion has been closed.