Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Question about the ToS update

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited May 25, 2018 in General Chat
With the Privacy Policy, and ToS being updated, does this mean that GM's will start actively pursuing known botters, and gold farmers on Alexina?

At this point it's become common knowledge of knowing who's abusing what on Alexina to the point where some people bot, script or goldfarm in the open without sanction. Despite many reports, and tickets spanning back to last year, some known players continue to exploit bots, and other 3rd party software (for cheating & not ease of access to the game) and break the rules constantly.
ZarozianSherri

Comments

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I hope someone does something about it. And those annoying gold advertiser bots, too. Those been around for a long time.
    Sakura2503
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Not just Alexina, there's the ones selling reforges (that I mostly notice) on Mari, probably in Tarlach and Ruairi as well. It'd be ideal if something could be done on all game servers, of course.
  • rabbitwarrabbitwar
    Mabinogi Rep: 580
    The timing of this means its probably Nexon covering itself for the EU GDPR implementation and not a particular change in policy.
    ImaizumiBuffalosLiberateJazmynSherriBlissfulkill
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I hope that it means we're going to see bots get taken out. =D
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Not just Alexina, there's the ones selling reforges (that I mostly notice) on Mari, probably in Tarlach and Ruairi as well. It'd be ideal if something could be done on all game servers, of course.

Not just Reforges as well. I keep seeing same people constantly selling Divine Magic Powders daily in Belvast, at least in Alexina. The shops are almost full every time i take a look. Looks fishy as hell.
    Zarozian
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »

Not just Reforges as well. I keep seeing same people constantly selling Divine Magic Powders daily in Belvast, at least in Alexina. The shops are almost full every time i take a look. Looks fishy as hell.

I'm telling you that and I've said this before, I have a bad feeling there is credit card fraud going on.
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    edited May 25, 2018
    Froglord wrote: »
    With the Privacy Policy, and ToS being updated, does this mean that GM's will start actively pursuing known botters, and gold farmers on Alexina?

At this point it's become common knowledge of knowing who's abusing what on Alexina to the point where some people bot, script or goldfarm in the open without sanction. Despite many reports, and tickets spanning back to last year, some known players continue to exploit bots, and other 3rd party software (for cheating & not ease of access to the game) and break the rules constantly.
    Greta wrote: »

Oh I'm glad other people from my server are aware of this too. Nexon has done nothing about them for a long long time, so long that these people have stopped bothering to even try to hide who they are, no action has been taken despite the evidence being clear as day. Which is why I will still be highly skeptical about anything being done still. The Greedy Merchant Cult was indeed my most powerful enemy to date. ;<

If they do address this problem though I would be very surprised and I'd give praise where praise is deserved, even if it took this long for them to finally do something about it. = w=
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    What was updated exactly?
    Sherri
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I don't know, but Nexon isn't the only one to update their ToS guidelines lately. Been getting notices about a lot of services doing that. =T
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Leinei wrote: »
    I don't know, but Nexon isn't the only one to update their ToS guidelines lately. Been getting notices about a lot of services doing that. =T

And asking about cookies, moreso than even a month ago. Not that I'm surprised with the whole Zuckerberg thing.

As far as the ToS update nothing in it looked to be targeted, most likely just what rabbitwar said.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    I know it's nothin' new, but I still think it's silly of them to not "recognize" the gifting of an account to someone and that doing so can get you suspended/banned. If I were to someday stop playing mabi (heaven forbid that ever happen) I have 6 siblings and I wouldn't mind givin' one of them my account. Or to a friend. I'm not makin' money off that and my sibling/friend gets a good jump start in a game that's already been around 10 years. I just don't feel that we should be punished for gifting or receiving an account.

Now selling your account I can understand taking action against.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    I know it's nothin' new, but I still think it's silly of them to not "recognize" the gifting of an account to someone and that doing so can get you suspended/banned. If I were to someday stop playing mabi (heaven forbid that ever happen) I have 6 siblings and I wouldn't mind givin' one of them my account. Or to a friend. I'm not makin' money off that and my sibling/friend gets a good jump start in a game that's already been around 10 years. I just don't feel that we should be punished for gifting or receiving an account.

Now selling your account I can understand taking action against.

The problem with this is it makes messy situations for nexon if the original owner decided to take the account back after some time and it's indistinguishable from account selling as well.
    Sphyra21
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    gotcha. My main qualm is with the banning or suspension. But I guess my naivety rears it's obnoxious head in these circumstances. I just don't want anyone to be punished for something that was honest. Always hated that type of thing when I was in public elementary school.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    gotcha. My main qualm is with the banning or suspension. But I guess my naivety rears it's obnoxious head in these circumstances. I just don't want anyone to be punished for something that was honest. Always hated that type of thing when I was in public elementary school.

Good ol' zero tolerance. If someone hits you might as well hit them back, you're getting the same punishment either way.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    "They gonna get rid of the bots and reforge sellers"
    Thats not possible.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    I think we all know the REAL reason they updated it.
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    edited May 25, 2018
    As rabbitwar already mentioned, this is the same as every other company updating its policies as of late. It isn't anything to be really worried about.
  • CoolAidCoolAid
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Whether thy thinks the gold sellers are commiting fraud or not. It is still against the rules, whether or not they achieved the funds through despicable, still dishonest but not as bad such as cashing on steam, or just honest means like getting it from a consenting consumer, it is still against the ToS no matter how such NX came about.

This a good first step for the company,
    Cheerio.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    The cash shop(scam(?)) needs 2 be stop since it can start to hurt their bottom line much more so if left uncheck on that side of the pond. :(
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited May 26, 2018
    It's likely just a legal update that the lawyers of nexon put out there. Wasn't the update to the ToS across all games? I doubt it has to do with anything in specific like botting or multiclienting but rather just a flaw in the terms used that their legal team found. Just my 2 cents, I didn't read and compare what's actually updated.