Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

-Freebies- ( ゚ヮ゚)

Comments

• PheoPheo
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,510
    edited May 13, 2018
    Chibisai wrote: »
    I really like your art, if you don't mind drawing my character again > <

https://imgur.com/a/BmqLWft

I'll attempt to draw your OC in my free time, but I can only do traditional I'll get a tablet soon and I need practice anyway :' >

I tried a new drawing technique for this one, drawing all on one layer! I'm not sure if I really like it yet or not ;;.. But I hope it's okay! I think with a bit more practice this technique would be fun :o

chibisai___mabinogi_by_katherineviehl-dcbgwmn.png
    ChibisaiDANIartsAavaImaizumiHindsightAellKrissyPootelJazmyn
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Pheo wrote: »
    I tried a new drawing technique for this one, drawing all on one layer! I'm not sure if I really like it yet or not ;;.. But I hope it's okay! I think with a bit more practice this technique would be fun :o

chibisai___mabinogi_by_katherineviehl-dcbgwmn.png

My reaction was, "Holy crap!" It's fantastic! I really liked how you drew the hair down (coincidentally, I was thinking about how my character would look with her hair down earlier haha :'D) I hope you draw more with this technique ~ Thank you for the lovely art <3
    Pheo
  • SenyuniSenyuni
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    edited May 14, 2018
    Senyuni wrote: »
    @Pheo
    db4275cc44534cfb3bd72da84ba1275e.png
    I haven't drawn in a few months but pfpthphtpht here she is
    As for character refs, anything in this tag of my blog should be decent refs :eyes:

Your character was soooo freaking adorable ;u;. The details gave me carpal tunnel tho, lol. rip my hand

senyuni_edit_by_katherineviehl-dcbdnpc.png?1
    Edit: Forgot the freckles >:(

Hope you like it!

I also recorded this one, so the video is coming soon C;

Edit: Video is up!

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD THIS IS AMAZING :heart::heart::heart:
    Thank you so much!! Do you have a dA or a tumblr? I'd like to have a credit source if I use your art on my mabiblog <:3c
    Edit: found your dA <:3!!!
    Pheo
  • KedaruiKedarui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,860
    aaaaa if you have the time and you're still doing this i'd be honored to see my character/oc drawn by you!! your art is amazing ;w;
    veo_ref_by_asteriisms-dcbm2ap.png
    Pheo
  • PheoPheo
    Hey guys! Sorry for my couple day disappearance, I was really busy with some other things but I'm back now! Drawing Alala's oc today. ^o^
    DANIartsKedaruiImaizumiChibisai
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    Hey guys! Sorry for my couple day disappearance, I was really busy with some other things but I'm back now! Drawing Alala's oc today. ^o^

you're good, Pheo.
    it happens, we're all human c:
    if you're busy, you're busy. ^u^
    Pheo
  • PheoPheo
    edited May 16, 2018
    @Alalarose

Okay so I definitely changed a few things, added a few fine details ;o; I hope you don't mind! I love details so I tried to incorporate them into the original design fluidly without changing it too much. I had a lot of fun drawing Cassa Flare <3

cassa_flare_2_by_katherineviehl-dcbqgc6.png

I also made a version with an alternative background but I am horrible at backgrounds, mostly because by the time I get to the background I don't really want to put anymore work into it LOL.

Alt background:
    cassa_flare_by_katherineviehl-dcbqg4p.png

I recorded this one, so I'll add the video to this post when its done! :>
    ChibisaiImaizumiAlalaroseAavaDANIartsAell
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    @Pheo Holy crap! I love it :O She looks so majestic <3
    Pheo
  • PheoPheo
    @Alalarose
    Glad you like her! ^o^
    Here's a link to the speedpaint :3

AellImaizumiDANIarts
  • EssiellaEssiella
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,100
    Here's my character: https://imgur.com/vb4sNKf

Pose: https://piichimi.deviantart.com/art/A-Switch-Maki-Pose-1-sketch-489040801

Thank you in advance! I'll draw your character ASAP!
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    VIH4X88.png doing a heart shape with her hands X3 ty
  • PheoPheo
    Hello everyone! Sorry I've been gone for a bit, I'm still around don't worry ~ Wasn't feeling very artsy so I gave myself a week-ish off to recover. Still kinda in relax mode haha. I'll try to get some drawing in tonight and tomorrow! Thank you all for your patience ^u^
    DANIartsAava
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    @Pheo
    it's always good to relax from doing things. :3
    also, I made an art shop, can you see if it's good? if i need any changes to it? o: please and thank you <3
    Pheo
  • PheoPheo
    edited May 25, 2018
    DANNYdani wrote: »
    @Pheo
    also, I made an art shop, can you see if it's good? if i need any changes to it? o: please and thank you <3

Sure! It's been such a long time (probably 5 years or so) since I had an art shop of my own on mabi forums, and tbh I failed really bad at it haha >~<;... So idk if my advice would really be beneficial.

I think it looks good so far! I will say that people tend to gravitate more towards digital art shops from what I've seen on these forums, so it may be hard to get business initially... ;^; I do thank you for the promotion nnnn! You're so kind ;o;.

Possible changes... but don't trust me 100% haha, like i said i sucked at this in the past so only do it if you really wanna.

-maybe resize the reference images to be a bit smaller, or in banner-like-style?
    Kinda like this for an example banner: (This is my old example spreadsheet I used for a freebie thread once i think haha)
    examples_by_katherineviehl-db8wyy0.png

-perhaps for traditional work, I'm not sure how you do the taking images of them and transferring to the computer, but i used to do traditional work and make prints of it, and it seems the best way to convert traditional to the computer is to take the actual picture outside in the sun, and photograph it with the best camera you have access to. Whenever I used a scanner or took pictures inside my house it looked not as clean :( ! I also used really large paper, I think it was 11x14, so I could draw rly big and then minimize the image to make the details look finer! ^u^

Here's an example of one of my old ass traditional works.... that I took a pic of out in the sun in my backyard (surely worrying all my neighbors haha): this image is kinda big tho
    green_chibi_by_alaires-d7d5yzb.png

Hope that helps!!! ;u;
    DANIarts
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    DANNYdani wrote: »
    @Pheo

Sure! It's been such a long time (probably 5 years or so) since I had an art shop of my own on mabi forums, and tbh I failed really bad at it haha >~<;... So idk if my advice would really be beneficial.

I think it looks good so far! I will say that people tend to gravitate more towards digital art shops from what I've seen on these forums, so it may be hard to get business initially... ;^; I do thank you for the promotion nnnn! You're so kind ;o;.

Possible changes... but don't trust me 100% haha, like i said i sucked at this in the past so only do it if you really wanna.

-maybe resize the reference images to be a bit smaller, or in banner-like-style?
    Kinda like this for an example banner: (This is my old example spreadsheet I used for a freebie thread once i think haha)
    examples_by_katherineviehl-db8wyy0.png

-perhaps for traditional work, I'm not sure how you do the taking images of them and transferring to the computer, but i used to do traditional work and make prints of it, and it seems the best way to convert traditional to the computer is to take the actual picture outside in the sun, and photograph it with the best camera you have access to. Whenever I used a scanner or took pictures inside my house it looked not as clean :( ! I also used really large paper, I think it was 11x14, so I could draw rly big and then minimize the image to make the details look finer! ^u^

Here's an example of one of my old ass traditional works.... that I took a pic of out in the sun in my backyard (surely worrying all my neighbors haha): this image is kinda big tho
    green_chibi_by_alaires-d7d5yzb.png

Hope that helps!!! ;u;

I'll try and do the banner later today.
    also i sleep during daytime, so i kinda have to take pics with my phone xD
    but thank you for the advice!
    i'll do the banner when i can >u<
    Pheo
  • ZjuraZjura
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    I don't know if you're still doing these, but here's a few characters I screenshotted in my time playing. If any interest you.

https://m.imgur.com/a/h08eQ

Also, if you're in Alexina my IGN is Larmes in case you wanna hang. Though, don't expect much in the way of combat prowess.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited May 26, 2018
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSg1UdHpJ1WLvvwChs6Sjs2lTP_y-CJ3xlJupVhuqetZVVukNRy

IF YOU'RE STILL DOING FREEBIES, I WOULD GREATLY LOVE A FREEBIE! PLEASU xwx

ref: https://i.imgur.com/0TlkmBa.jpg

Hard to tell because of the glow, but eyes are light blue. 'w'
    Pheo
  • NyuuHokusaiNyuuHokusai
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,035
    edited June 18, 2018
    Oh my goodneeeeeeeeeeeeeessss!!!
    Your art is LOVELY!!!
    Grats on keeping up with college! It certainly is hard sometimes ( I totes feel you, I just finished this semester today!! Freaking finals QQ)
    I just came back from my finals hiatus and saw this, Idk if you're still doing freebies, but if you are, I'd like to post some refs for you!! It's okay if you're not, thanks in advance and srsly grats on suchh beautiful art ♥

http://puu.sh/wZJs4/a28c56228c.jpg
    http://puu.sh/wZJxv/a12b2628d8.jpg
    http://puu.sh/AHQsr/e498b5d89d.jpg
    http://puu.sh/AHQul/f064a0627c.jpg
    http://puu.sh/AHQv3/190fc2b159.jpg
    http://puu.sh/AHQ8b/7186e5000e.jpg
    Edit: Added some extra refs to give you different options in case you didn't feel like drawing the first one ><! ♥
    Pheo
  • PheoPheo
    *-* Thank you to all the recent posts for the kind words! I unfortunately didn't finish anyone's yet but I'm working on a few of them now, just jumping around to different people's to get some variety. so I'll post them together when they're completed! (Likely tomorrow or monday <3) Sorry if I don't go in any specific order, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things by drawing what I feel more confident at first. ouo
    Zjura wrote: »
    Also, if you're in Alexina my IGN is Larmes in case you wanna hang. Though, don't expect much in the way of combat prowess.

Nnnng i totally would love to but unfortunately I don't play mabinogi anymore so ;o;... plus my old character is on Ruairi... I'm sorry! ;u;
    NyuuHokusai
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    @Pheo
    you can deny this request if you want too.
    *ehem*
    I have my mabinogi avatar where i want it in terms of style. Would you be interested in drawing her? and maybe making the eyes blink? (if you can)
    or we can do an art trade o:
    if not, that's okay, cause like i said, you can say no xD