Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cookie island is pure struggle

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 29, 2018
    Then don't use Final Hit, you human.

Though Chain Crush mystifies me as to how chancy it seems to be with actually proccing a confusion debuff. (Doesn't seem to be Cookie Witch specific)
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    The Witch says she's lonely, but she created everything to make friends. People come, and they're happy, but soon the sun sets and they must return home. Since she's been abandoned so often, she's afraid they won't come back. So she puts them under a spell to forget why they need to return. All they can think of is the fun days ahead with their cute witch friend, as well as all of the candy! You'd think this would be perfect, as she's done it before, but we're told everyone always leaves her. She always ends up needing to move elsewhere to find new friends. Why is this the case? You see, the answer is really quite simple.
    She puts those who oppose her into her candy. She told us she baked the cookies and caught the fish and made her home more welcoming, but she failed to mention where the candy came from. The gingerbread men and gummy bears always forget her over time. She said this happens every single time. They're the children who tried to leave. Her spell to make people forget their homes and everything important to them(as mentioned by Koo) is only temporary. When the spell wears off, they try to return home. Then she traps their soul into the gingerbread men and the gummy bears. No longer free, their only salvation is to stay within the tent that once appeared so welcoming. They quickly learn the harsh truth that the invitation was not of candy and fun and friendship, but only entrapment and existential horror. They can no longer exit the tent, as the sun would bake or melt them. What would happen to their soul after their sugary body was destroyed? Melted or baked, they'd merely be stuck forever. You could dispose of the body but as long as it's intact they will never be free. Their only hope is to dissolve in the waters surrounding the tent, but there are sugar fish who may tear them to pieces before they could have the sweet embrace of death. And what of the children who don't oppose to leaving, even after the spell wears thin? Look no further than at Koo's appearance after he is set free. He ate until he nearly tripled his size before entering. If the witch can't get you to stay with friendship alone, she'll make you eat until your heart gives out. When one child dies, they're turned into a sugar conch or a sugar flower and tossed aside as if it never happened. Then she drags in more friends in the hopes that her presence is enough to keep them to stay.What about the adults? or older siblings? Surely someone must notice eventually where all these children are going. And who better to send a message of to others when it comes to breaking the bonds of friendship? Anyone who enters to return the children home are met by entrapped souls, damned to a future of nothing but icing and sprinkles. After so long of nothing but songs about desserts and crepes and everything sweet and bad for your teeth, they've lost their touch to reality. They cannot remember the days they had fingers, and upon seeing a human/elf/giant enter the tent, they become sad, angry, and confused. They do the only thing children know how to. Revolt, fight back, have a temper tantrum. The gummy bear children, the youngest of them all, run around and cry. Their panicked screams alert the lower floors. The Gingerbread men, a little older than the gummy bears, know pack tactics because of their pre-teen ages. They work together to fight the thing that scared the young ones above. But, being elementary school kids. They're not enough.
    The older siblings and adults find their way into a room of kupas. The candies try to make noise, but no words come out. Upon being ignored, they hit the intruders or bite their ankles a few times. They're trying, desperately, to tell the intruders to leave while they still have a chance. That is why their face is of pure betrayal when they get hit. They know what happens next. The intruders make their way to the final floor and meet the Witch herself. She's angry that people would try to take her only friends from her. There are children, not yet transformed, enjoying their day with each other and eating candy. Some who have lost the will to return home have gained weight. The intruders try their best to reason with the Witch, but in the end it turns into battle. The Witch overpowers them, and a single fate is left for them. To become a creature that cannot speak words any humanoid could understand. A kupa. And thus, all the adults and older siblings that tried to save the children, become part of the damned. And watch the life drain from their eyes as the kids forget their reason to live. Why they want to go home. The will to go home. And all they can see and think and feel and want. Candy...

Story about Witch inside, she deserved to get her *** beat because that dungeon is tedious af.

so in other words u just hate the quest cause u find her hard to defeat
    and u hate her so much that u imagine her as that
    correction the kupas, gummy bears and ginger bread man are the only ones that would remember her

tried to record my last time with her but video quality too low to read
    good thing i found this video on youtube

note: not my video, not my account, not my character, im not as OP as this guy
    but i could beat her with final hit or smash-bash combo to stun while equipped with soft serve ice scream sword
    and run around to dodge shooting star didnt see her spawn kupas for me tho
    I still want to fight her again and see her and talk to her more
    (to the person who owns this video please tell me if u want it removed)

Uh.... alright I mean it was a joke/story but you're aware that I one shot her right? She's not hard at all, and quite frankly is a joke.... You literally can't lose to her?
    GretaBlissfulkill
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I have not read any posts in this thread, so forgive me if someone beat me to it.

She will go down very fast with a decently ranked Hydra. Fighting her a normal way is much much harder. D:

If she doesn't scale with level, I feel bad for low level players.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    I dunno why you all dislike her, but I always like the crazies in stories.

welp. Guess I'm just crazy too!
    MizukiHayamaAeolysRadiant Dawn
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited May 30, 2018
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    The Witch says she's lonely, but she created everything to make friends. People come, and they're happy, but soon the sun sets and they must return home. Since she's been abandoned so often, she's afraid they won't come back. So she puts them under a spell to forget why they need to return. All they can think of is the fun days ahead with their cute witch friend, as well as all of the candy! You'd think this would be perfect, as she's done it before, but we're told everyone always leaves her. She always ends up needing to move elsewhere to find new friends. Why is this the case? You see, the answer is really quite simple.
    She puts those who oppose her into her candy. She told us she baked the cookies and caught the fish and made her home more welcoming, but she failed to mention where the candy came from. The gingerbread men and gummy bears always forget her over time. She said this happens every single time. They're the children who tried to leave. Her spell to make people forget their homes and everything important to them(as mentioned by Koo) is only temporary. When the spell wears off, they try to return home. Then she traps their soul into the gingerbread men and the gummy bears. No longer free, their only salvation is to stay within the tent that once appeared so welcoming. They quickly learn the harsh truth that the invitation was not of candy and fun and friendship, but only entrapment and existential horror. They can no longer exit the tent, as the sun would bake or melt them. What would happen to their soul after their sugary body was destroyed? Melted or baked, they'd merely be stuck forever. You could dispose of the body but as long as it's intact they will never be free. Their only hope is to dissolve in the waters surrounding the tent, but there are sugar fish who may tear them to pieces before they could have the sweet embrace of death. And what of the children who don't oppose to leaving, even after the spell wears thin? Look no further than at Koo's appearance after he is set free. He ate until he nearly tripled his size before entering. If the witch can't get you to stay with friendship alone, she'll make you eat until your heart gives out. When one child dies, they're turned into a sugar conch or a sugar flower and tossed aside as if it never happened. Then she drags in more friends in the hopes that her presence is enough to keep them to stay.What about the adults? or older siblings? Surely someone must notice eventually where all these children are going. And who better to send a message of to others when it comes to breaking the bonds of friendship? Anyone who enters to return the children home are met by entrapped souls, damned to a future of nothing but icing and sprinkles. After so long of nothing but songs about desserts and crepes and everything sweet and bad for your teeth, they've lost their touch to reality. They cannot remember the days they had fingers, and upon seeing a human/elf/giant enter the tent, they become sad, angry, and confused. They do the only thing children know how to. Revolt, fight back, have a temper tantrum. The gummy bear children, the youngest of them all, run around and cry. Their panicked screams alert the lower floors. The Gingerbread men, a little older than the gummy bears, know pack tactics because of their pre-teen ages. They work together to fight the thing that scared the young ones above. But, being elementary school kids. They're not enough.
    The older siblings and adults find their way into a room of kupas. The candies try to make noise, but no words come out. Upon being ignored, they hit the intruders or bite their ankles a few times. They're trying, desperately, to tell the intruders to leave while they still have a chance. That is why their face is of pure betrayal when they get hit. They know what happens next. The intruders make their way to the final floor and meet the Witch herself. She's angry that people would try to take her only friends from her. There are children, not yet transformed, enjoying their day with each other and eating candy. Some who have lost the will to return home have gained weight. The intruders try their best to reason with the Witch, but in the end it turns into battle. The Witch overpowers them, and a single fate is left for them. To become a creature that cannot speak words any humanoid could understand. A kupa. And thus, all the adults and older siblings that tried to save the children, become part of the damned. And watch the life drain from their eyes as the kids forget their reason to live. Why they want to go home. The will to go home. And all they can see and think and feel and want. Candy...

Story about Witch inside, she deserved to get her *** beat because that dungeon is tedious af.

so in other words u just hate the quest cause u find her hard to defeat
    and u hate her so much that u imagine her as that
    correction the kupas, gummy bears and ginger bread man are the only ones that would remember her

tried to record my last time with her but video quality too low to read
    good thing i found this video on youtube

note: not my video, not my account, not my character, im not as OP as this guy
    but i could beat her with final hit or smash-bash combo to stun while equipped with soft serve ice scream sword
    and run around to dodge shooting star didnt see her spawn kupas for me tho
    I still want to fight her again and see her and talk to her more
    (to the person who owns this video please tell me if u want it removed)

I cringe at the lack of using hotkeys.

Edit: Oh yeah, didn't realize they gave the title/pet again and last time I wasn't here, so I just started doing event today. From the looks of it I have just enough time so GL to me, I guess?
    YangKoete wrote: »

You are crazy.

Crazy beautiful that is!
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135

nothing wrong with crazy though. I mean, normal is so boring. am also pretty crazy myself. my motto is: act crazy. that's already normal enough
    MizukiHayamaRadiant DawnAeolys
    nevyn25 wrote: »

nothing wrong with crazy though. I mean, normal is so boring. am also pretty crazy myself. my motto is: act crazy. that's already normal enough

True craziness is born out of the ideal one is normal, in a world where everyone else is mad. ;)
    Aeolys