Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"New and Powerful Enchants"

FinityFinity
Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
edited May 31, 2018 in General Chat
All enchants scrolls from G21 contents will have repair fee x10
I think its unfair for us because Koreans can repair at 100% for free if they go to Internet cafe. We don't have that option.
You can repair at Ferghus or any other 92~95% NPCs and fix it with plat/crystal hammers or use perfect free repair kit but hammers are expensive and perfect free repair kits are not always on sale.
Some people might say "well don't use new enchants then" but what's the point of adding stuff when people aren't even going to use it? :(

Gaby5011Utsuro_Bune
  1. New enchants makes repair fee too expensive56 votes
    1. I think 10x repair fee is too much
       73% (41 votes)
    2. I think 10x repair fee is good enough
       27% (15 votes)

Comments

• SantariSantari
    Mabinogi Rep: 350
    I think you might have to rethink your thoughts on the 100% repair for internet cafes. Because they're paying real money to access those cafes, and while I don't know their prices I doubt they just decide "Time to go repair at an internet cafe" on a whim.

I feel like if you're willing to risk the not 100% repairs the enchants are worth it. I personally wouldn't use the enchant though if I wanted to 100% repair, lets say, a Celtic Sword for 340k a point. But then again I am a scrub and don't really use high end gear. #WoodenBlades4Life
    VeylaineTheNyanCatRadiant DawnSherri
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited May 31, 2018
    what LOL

now some of these absurd repair rates make sense now :joy:
  • FinityFinity
    edited May 31, 2018
    Santari wrote: »
    I think you might have to rethink your thoughts on the 100% repair for internet cafes. Because they're paying real money to access those cafes, and while I don't know their prices I doubt they just decide "Time to go repair at an internet cafe" on a whim.

I feel like if you're willing to risk the not 100% repairs the enchants are worth it. I personally wouldn't use the enchant though if I wanted to 100% repair, lets say, a Celtic Sword for 340k a point. But then again I am a scrub and don't really use high end gear. #WoodenBlades4Life

I know they are paying. Prices are 1$~1.5$ per hour. Main purpose of expensive repair fee is to earn internet cafe revenue.
    (And you don't have to go out if you decide to play at home and pay through their website-1$ per hour)
    Anyway...that's not the point. At least they have option to pay and not rely on hammers or repair kits.
    If they bring that service on cash shop like they sell VIP service I would buy it.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Finity wrote: »
    If they bring that service on cash shop like they sell VIP service I would buy it.

If that was part of VIP service, I would think a lot of players would gladly pay for it
    WolfandWolfImaizumiAeolysCitreaSherri
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Just use your endgame gears for you know...
    Endgame.
    Zephyrmaru
  • FinityFinity
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Endgame.

No "endgame" content is worth 170k a point at 98%
    AeolysSherriYangKoete
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    There's no point to x10 Repair fees at this point. It seems one would lose more money in any game content just by using it; otherwise, if they are powerful enough to one hit everything, it seems questionable as if this would truly make a difference.
    FinityAeolys
  • FinityFinity
    . It seems one would lose more money in any game content just by using it;

This is the point ㅠ_ㅠ
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    like 10x repair price is why i dont bother with endgame gear ^_^
    Radiant DawnSherri
    edited May 31, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Endgame.

Another issue is that endgame doesn't pay nearly enough, due in part by RNG never playing in anyone's favor in a mob based game. I cannot imagine any content where the usage of these weapons would be usually covered and then some without resorting to Ferghus, or having a stack of repair kits.

Well, perhaps shadow missions with crystals or something.

There's little point to wielding a weapon when its gold generating efficiency is essentially zero. It essentially boils down to "Can I kill it or not?"
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Aren't they divine wep exclusive as well?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited May 31, 2018
    Ask some questions before using your insane repair rate weapons:
    Am I gold farming? If yes, use that one sword I can full repair for 50k and still one shot everything thanks to power creep.
    Am I material farming hard content? Let's use that 100k/point weapon so that I can effectively farm for a material I could easily sell for that plus a little profit, or maybe even use it to make an even pointy-er sword.
    Honestly the game needs a fully required gold sink like repairs. We've had some monstrous inflation over the years and I'd much rather slowly fix that instead of having to continuously add more trade window capacity so that I can put 500 million in checks for a single item down the road.
    Rhey wrote: »
    The previewed ones appear to be, yeah.

Sherri
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    edited May 31, 2018
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Honestly the game needs a fully required gold sink like repairs. We've had some monstrous inflation over the years and I'd much rather slowly fix that instead of having to continuously add more trade window capacity so that I can put 500 million in checks for a single item down the road.

Alternatively, they could tone down the infinite sources of gold that are all over the place and stop releasing shadow crystals when they're obviously a huge part of the problem. Simply putting the option of spending 159k per point for 98% is unappealing to the point where that option might as well not exist. Especially since people tend to be loss averse.
    Goldtiger01
  • MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    edited June 1, 2018
    Orkane wrote: »

Alternatively, they could tone down the infinite sources of gold that are all over the place and stop releasing shadow crystals when they're obviously a huge part of the problem. Simply putting the option of spending 159k per point for 98% is unappealing to the point where that option might as well not exist. Especially since people tend to be loss averse.

They could do that as well but it's more helpful for them to remove the gold that's already circulating in the system. That's what's controlling the prices right now and leaving it while limiting income would basically just make a class divide, making it so that the older and wealthier players retain all the wealth and set all the prices to trade among themselves while everyone who's new or didn't accumulate that gold beforehand would be locked out of the market unless they chance upon an item that lets them skim some of the old money players. It would basically be the same as now, but worse.

So, yeah, the bigger problem is the money that's already accumulated among a smaller group of players who can set all the prices for items.I'm not saying they can't do that too and you aren't saying they should only do that but know that the gold sink has a bigger impact than turning down the money faucet.
    BuffalosSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I guess it's our fault for being too rich :D
    Sherri
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    There is the nice implication that equipment limits are set and defined by the ability of the player to maintain it rather than a level cap. I personally keep two sets types of equipment, one is base set, the gear I use for all my regular adventuring and stuff, and a fully decked out end game set that I use when I feel like I'm not strong enough to handle something or I need the battle to end ASAP.
    Sherri
    Am I gold farming? If yes, use that one sword I can full repair for 50k and still one shot everything thanks to power creep.
    Am I material farming hard content? Let's use that 100k/point weapon so that I can effectively farm for a material I could easily sell for that plus a little profit, or maybe even use it to make an even pointy-er sword.

Wouldn't it be 140k for one point at 98%? I cannot imagine many rewarding content that wouldn't make up for spending one point. ONE POINT.

It seems that something like Shadow Wiz Elite Spam with Crystals would be "one of the few" given time and durability spent, and one certainly do not need weapons like this for such content.

In any case, tailoring the economic gold sinks to the 10% who farmed VHM Girgashiy in its heyday hurts the rest of the playerbase. You could say most are not in content that would greatly benefit from such weapons, and that is true. Yet, it is inane to assume that just because a player is strong, that they have mountains of gold sitting around.

In which case, points to the bigger issue for all of us. This weapon isn't efficient, and many people are adverse to loss in profit already.
    FinitySherri
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125

Wouldn't it be 140k for one point at 98%? I cannot imagine many rewarding content that wouldn't make up for spending one point. ONE POINT.

It seems that something like Shadow Wiz Elite Spam with Crystals would be "one of the few" given time and durability spent, and one certainly do not need weapons like this for such content.

In any case, tailoring the economic gold sinks to the 10% who farmed VHM Girgashiy in its heyday hurts the rest of the playerbase. You could say most are not in content that would greatly benefit from such weapons, and that is true. Yet, it is inane to assume that just because a player is strong, that they have mountains of gold sitting around.

In which case, points to the bigger issue for all of us. This weapon isn't efficient, and many people are adverse to loss in profit already.

Well its not like your weapons will increase repair fees as you level up, you built the weapon, enchanted it, and reforged it in the manner of your choosing. You can be reasonably strong level and skill wise and still use cheap disposable weapons. The idea is that if you have the economic means of building and maintaining such a weapon, then go ahead. The increased performance is not a super high margin and is mostly reserved for those that wish to pursue something strong and for something to spend their money on.

There is no issue since there are cheaper alternatives for all classes of weapons and the differences between them aren't game breakingly large (reforges are a different beast but good reforged low end cheap gear can beat out unreforged high end gear). If you think using a certain weapon is going to be a loss, then simply don't use it, use something you're comfortable maintaining. The only thing to actually complain about is envy, namely the fact that someone can afford to build, use and maintain something that is superior.
    edited June 1, 2018
    GTCvActium wrote: »

Well its not like your weapons will increase repair fees as you level up, you built the weapon, enchanted it, and reforged it in the manner of your choosing. You can be reasonably strong level and skill wise and still use cheap disposable weapons. The idea is that if you have the economic means of building and maintaining such a weapon, then go ahead. The increased performance is not a super high margin and is mostly reserved for those that wish to pursue something strong and for something to spend their money on.

There is no issue since there are cheaper alternatives for all classes of weapons and the differences between them aren't game breakingly large (reforges are a different beast but good reforged low end cheap gear can beat out unreforged high end gear). If you think using a certain weapon is going to be a loss, then simply don't use it, use something you're comfortable maintaining. The only thing to actually complain about is envy, namely the fact that someone can afford to build, use and maintain something that is superior.

I am complaining that there is no point. I am particularly peeved that there is no incentive to use it, due to incredible inefficiency. This weapon operates on a loss, depending on gold obtained beforehand

No one gets rich using unsustainable methods, and the margin isn't enough or "needed" in any high level content. I could not use it, sure, but that belies my main criticism; implementing content that isn't viable. I do want nice weapons, but I want things I can actually use.

There are no economic means to using this weapon itself, nor are any avenue opened up. This is distinctive facet in the general overview of how one makes gold.

Hence the issue of utilizing it being not to make gold, but "Can I kill it or not kill it?" The latter seems irrelevant.

To reiterate, I am irked by content that has no incentive for anyone to partake in. You cannot maintain this weapon if one uses it, in most content at most levels, including anything consider high level content. It's a bragging rights weapon, nothing more.

I speak of efficiency, not of having money to throw for the sake of it. The idea of trying to cut down on inflation via this method seems idiotic; it wasn't just a general rise of gold earnings versus fixed prices for the playerbase or anything of that sort, but people who were around to exploit recently nerfed methods of gold acquisition, resulting in a massive influx of gold to very few players in the population.

At what point would catering a weapon to them would do for anyone else without that fortune?

FinitySherri
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    woah there, asking for localization specific changes that don't involve removing content lul like devkitty just needs to flip a switch to magically alter a value? let's not get too crazy