Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gingerbread Event is Stupid

OwntrolfOwntrolf
Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
in Feedback and Suggestions
It died instantly

How the hell am I supposed to finish this event

I literally wasted 3 hours waiting only to have someone oneshot the gingerbread

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Oneshot?!? It's definitely not an extremely tough boss but I seriously doubt anyone ingame could oneshot it. And if I'm not mistaken (if I am feel free to correct me) but it should show up once every 2 irl hours. I think what might have happened (because it happened to me before) is that it was already dead (or nearly so) when you moved into view of it and saw it die. If there are alot of people on the same channel as you working together it won't last long so you need to pay attention for it to spawn and get in at least 1 hit(that's all you need for it to register for the quest).
  • ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Might need to do it on another channel if there's too many people there for it. It could also help to use something ranged, like chain, so you can hit it from a distance regardless of the exact position it spawns. Or just run up and punch it. As long as you're there as it spawns you should have enough time for either of those things
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    she got to the boss late XD I know this for a fact. hehe
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    The event is quite frustrating (got annoyed myself, especially since I thought the spawn time was like 36min or something similar), but you just gotta pay attention and get a hit in. Good luck!
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I don't even know when it spawns...
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,060
    One thing that would probably help is to go farm the white spiders in the north part of the map for a fomor command scroll to find out when it'll spawn on that channel.
    Jazmynstarkiller1286BronzebreakMizukiHayamaAeolysImaizumiRadiant DawnSherriYangKoeteZephyrmaru
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I didn't bother to do the gingerbread event in 2016, and I still didn't bother to do it now. What does the savory box from it contain?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 1, 2018
    ShouK wrote: »
    I didn't bother to do the gingerbread event in 2016, and I still didn't bother to do it now. What does the savory box from it contain?

Materials, gems, potions, other crap... You know... Usual stuff?
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 1, 2018
    The quest (after talking to the Cookie Wizard) doesn't move to another event-story-quest after defeating the Gingerman right? Its just a few gold, exp and a short dialogue with a portrait-less npc? If so, easy pass on partaking on this leg of the event.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited June 1, 2018
    phBZzRY.jpg

6PTS1eU.jpg

you can get these from the savory gift box though :/ ..... the only reason I'm even bothering with the gingerbread... I want at least 1 more of each
    Imaizumi
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited June 1, 2018
    I kind of have to agree that it's been far too long to excuse this event boss to not have a timer.
    It should have been at least be listed on the raid list by now, but it's not. And there's no Event Raid tab either.
    This is beyond Nexon's typical lazy lack of attention to detail, it's just plain lazy. (Akin to recycling events.)
    Raincloud95ImaizumiYangKoete
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I was trying to help someone yesterday with the Gingerman after I already completed it on a different channel, and we were attacking it for like 10 minutes (don't know exact time) and it disappeared... THAT is not cool. The poor person was trying to fight it without help to complete the quest, and due to Nexon's apparent lack of informing about this event, they wasted sooo much time fighting something they had no chance for.
    THICCthighssavelives
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Yeah, I tried to solo it.....it kept sitting to heal almost constantly after 25% hp and kept bouncing around there to 50% HP. then despawned. Very hard for beginner and mid range characters to do even with 2 people.
    THICCthighssavelives
  • Terror1976Terror1976
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,475
    THe trick is Windmill it while its resting to stop its Hp regen .
    Imaizumistarkiller1286BlissfulkillZephyrmaru
  • ArjuneArjune
    if you want to kill it and there's not many people you will probably need to poison it. the snake pets work really well and poison eats through his HP like nothing. it's probably the only way you can solo him unless you're super OP
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Terror1976 wrote: »

Thought they might have updated it like the dragons. Can't windmill reset those anymore.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Just go to your shopping channel in whatever server you're on and wait. =w='
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    asnscorpio wrote: »

Thought they might have updated it like the dragons. Can't windmill reset those anymore.

Unless that update was really recent it's not true.
    Greta
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415

Did it myself today when fighting him. WM still works to stop him from healing.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Why would they update him? He's a trash event boss.