Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Generation 21: The Final Chapter Events!!!

Comments

• TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited June 1, 2018
    Trythis wrote: »
    @Iyasenu well it's not that there's also the 60k HP zombies that use int magic and lightning rod with increased movement speed that it's summons around 75%-80% HP if you watched the solo attempt that's how the guy died. He was thundered and in-between the thunder strikes got hit by an LR. If you watch the team battle around 25%-30% HP it summons 5 more zebach on top of still summoning zombies , so to be fair the fight is more than just it's an HP sponge that hits hard.

As for why people run this don't take my word for it because it's just something I heard but it drops something that allows erg transfer for weapons.

One thing I forgot to mention zebach and girg apostle have similar prot if you notice the damage difference the zombies take and the zebach take in the solo attempt from magnum. Only difference is that zebach is immune to JB and probably has a little less prot than girg apostle
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    Please bump up the G19 level req.
    PLEASE BUMP UP THE G19 LEVEL REQ.

I actually agree with this one.

The storyline gives you a fanboy who suggests that you're supposed to be a legendary godlike super strong hero by the time you start it. Too many newbies don't understand that this is actually a hint/foreshadowing for what's coming up - you need to be super strong to handle the combat in that gen.

Then I see newbies crying about g19 and g20 being impossible. "Can't fight Pennar, can't fight Girg, can't fight Zebach, I only have half a skillset, this isn't fair."
    They're calling for a legendary hero! You're not a legendary hero yet!

But they take offense if I tell them to go back and rank up more skills so... can't help 'em.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Gaea wrote: »

No.

Okay, then give us more control over which quests we initiate or make progress in when talking to an NPC so we don't trigger G19 dialogue or cutscenes while still doing G1.
    SherriVeylaineTHICCthighssavelives
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Eralea wrote: »

The storyline gives you a fanboy who suggests that you're supposed to be a legendary godlike super strong hero by the time you start it. Too many newbies don't understand that this is actually a hint/foreshadowing for what's coming up - you need to be super strong to handle the combat in that gen.

Then I see newbies crying about g19 and g20 being impossible. "Can't fight Pennar, can't fight Girg, can't fight Zebach, I only have half a skillset, this isn't fair."

But they take offense if I tell them to go back and rank up more skills so... can't help 'em.

Are there people who actually try G19 without at least completing G2 and getting trans? Do they just skip all the other generations??? Because if so, they've got to be heavily confused.

I think this would all be solved if the quests weren't in opposite order in the Quest box (pressing the "Q" hotkey). The tabs for Advent of the Goddess are all the way in the back, and the tabs for G19 are in the front. I noticed that in my lower leveled chars who've never done a gen quest. It makes no sense. If they could be switched, then maybe we would see less of the issue of new players starting G19 first.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    That new Alban knight dude is so pretty ♥ u♥
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Eralea wrote: »

Are there people who actually try G19 without at least completing G2 and getting trans? Do they just skip all the other generations??? Because if so, they've got to be heavily confused.

I think this would all be solved if the quests weren't in opposite order in the Quest box (pressing the "Q" hotkey). The tabs for Advent of the Goddess are all the way in the back, and the tabs for G19 are in the front. I noticed that in my lower leveled chars who've never done a gen quest. It makes no sense. If they could be switched, then maybe we would see less of the issue of new players starting G19 first.

I tried getting a new person to do g1
    They starting doing g19 because of the quest where you have to talk to meven. They don't know that they need to talk to meven twice because when you talk to meven the first time it procs the g19 story rather than the g1 one. It can only be incredibly confusing also not to mention gens are not marked by numbers only titles in game.
    SherriVeylaineHellkaizer
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 1, 2018
    Sherri wrote: »
    That new Alban knight dude is so pretty ♥ u♥

Indeed, pretty.

Just like you Sherri.

;)
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I think it would be best to just remove the possibility of doing a gen unless you completed every story part up to that point. so basically just having to play through g1 in order to be able to start g2. in other words, to start g19, you have complete everything, all the way from g1 up to g18. and remove any option of skipping a generation.

as for g21, I'm very hyped about it. contrary to most people I actually like the story. when I saw the micro-site pop up instead of the usual main page, I was like, OMGOMGOMG, it's finally coming
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890

That's exactly it - they get the quest very soon after the tutorial, they want to do the quest, and when they discover that they can't do them they get frustrated and think there's something wrong with the game and ragequit. Tbh I can't blame them for thinking that.

I mean, the first quest comes at level 20. If I was a level 20 newbie in a game that I've never played before, I would assume that all quests that appear at that point are newbie quests to start progressing through the game. From a game design perspective, it doesn't make sense to throw a newbie into the the latest chapter, right?

When G20 was released, they were going to change it and make the first quest come at level 800. What happened to that?
    JazmynWolfandWolfDaktarostarkiller1286
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Iyasenu well it's not that there's also the 60k HP zombies that use int magic and lightning rod with increased movement speed that it's summons around 75%-80% HP if you watched the solo attempt that's how the guy died. He was thundered and in-between the thunder strikes got hit by an LR. If you watch the team battle around 25%-30% HP it summons 5 more zebach on top of still summoning zombies , so to be fair the fight is more than just it's an HP sponge that hits hard.

As for why people run this don't take my word for it because it's just something I heard but it drops something that allows erg transfer for weapons.

One thing I forgot to mention zebach and girg apostle have similar prot if you notice the damage difference the zombies take and the zebach take in the solo attempt from magnum. Only difference is that zebach is immune to JB and probably has a little less prot than girg apostle

At least Thunder/LR can be reduced to 1 damage with full Lightning element enchants.

Fireball could be outrun, so that just leaves Ice Spear as the biggest problem.
    Of course none of that helps your poor Divine Linked pet.

About Zebach's huge defenses... Is there really no way to reduce that in a noticeable way?
    I mean, I guess that Uppercut/Bone Dragon/Mir/Smokescreen/Dance of Death can all be stacked, at least for a short while, but if its not just high def/prot, and also has that weird damage reduction that girg and the other one have, then that'd be less noticeable.

And I'm guessing Brio/Shock is out of the question, or else they woulda used it in the video.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    @Iyanesu well I think that this is actually easier than girg vhm because in girg it just uses strong AOE and crowd control to kill teams while zebach tries to overwhelm you with beefy mobs or more zebach( way later in the fight ) but then again it's immune to the crusader skills gimmick, I guess we can only guess from what we info we can get now until it finally comes to NA
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    And I'm guessing Brio/Shock is out of the question, or else they woulda used it in the video.
    In a video I saw, a guy that was soloing it used Brionac so I think it works. This is the video
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Iyasenu well it's not that there's also the 60k HP zombies that use int magic and lightning rod with increased movement speed that it's summons around 75%-80% HP if you watched the solo attempt that's how the guy died. He was thundered and in-between the thunder strikes got hit by an LR. If you watch the team battle around 25%-30% HP it summons 5 more zebach on top of still summoning zombies , so to be fair the fight is more than just it's an HP sponge that hits hard.

At least Thunder/LR can be reduced to 1 damage with full Lightning element enchants.

Fireball could be outrun, so that just leaves Ice Spear as the biggest problem.
    Of course none of that helps your poor Divine Linked pet.

About Zebach's huge defenses... Is there really no way to reduce that in a noticeable way?
    I mean, I guess that Uppercut/Bone Dragon/Mir/Smokescreen/Dance of Death can all be stacked, at least for a short while, but if its not just high def/prot, and also has that weird damage reduction that girg and the other one have, then that'd be less noticeable.

I believe the solo attempt had briousage, hence the rate of critical attacks going up. It either has loads of health to make any percentage gain just 0.01%, or innate damage reduction.

Though I have to admit, seeing zombies fast shuffle made my day. :D
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited June 2, 2018

I believe the solo attempt had briousage, hence the rate of critical attacks going up. It either has loads of health to make any percentage gain just 0.01%, or innate damage reduction.

Probably innate damage reduction, the highest I saw a zombie take from his magnum combo card 70% and 40-44% BFO was 52k crit while the same boost against zebach went up to 3.5k crit.

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Veylaine wrote: »

Probably innate damage reduction, the highest I saw a zombie take from his magnum combo card 70% and 40-44% BFO was 52k crit while the same boost against zebach went up to 3.5k crit.

Oh, Brio was used, I just wasn't paying attention when they switched from Brio to a bow.
    And yet it really made so little difference... I mean, I guess the damage reduction isn't quite on par with Girgashiy or Hasidim's, but it's still enough for me to wonder why they didn't have some way of temporarily lowering it, like with the other apostle raid bosses. And, heh, they still used a bone dragon out of reflex after they were done with Brio.

Also, the damage the Zebach deals with its swipe attack looks so obnoxious.
    It hit that person for over 1.5k through mana shield.
    And it's even odds whether they were using a Mana Shield efficiency reforge, too.

Is it really just a tank boss?
    Seems kind of annoying, in a "this is gonna use a lot of durability on equipment" sort of way.
    I'd feel bad for people who use items with good enchants that have repair-cost-increasing modifiers on them.
  • PigeonsPigeons
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    gg nexon for putting those spoilers up.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Pigeons wrote: »
    gg nexon for putting those spoilers up.

Uh.... what? You know g21 is already out (both parts) and finished in KR right and it has nothing to do with nexon?
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    G21 also comes with the new divine knights doll bag sale right? Or does that come way later?
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990

lvl requirement?
    I dont think there is for G19
    just hoard a lot of potions, soul stones, revival balloons, a fast pet(try to get one from event, if u cant do saga and get perseus)
    rank up ur skills and most importantly run yes run and keep running and let altam, avelin and talvish do the whole thing
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    I think it would be best to just remove the possibility of doing a gen unless you completed every story part up to that point. so basically just having to play through g1 in order to be able to start g2. in other words, to start g19, you have complete everything, all the way from g1 up to g18. and remove any option of skipping a generation.

as for g21, I'm very hyped about it. contrary to most people I actually like the story. when I saw the micro-site pop up instead of the usual main page, I was like, OMGOMGOMG, it's finally coming

Oh please no, G19 was one of the first storylines I completed. =< I'd be sad if I had to complete everything before G20, because that's the one that gives you Divine Link and that's one of my favorite skills.

I'd much rather have multiple generations available so I have more options of what to work on. Like at the moment I'm somewhere in the middle of Alchemist and Saga 2 because they're both boring me to death, and I just started G7, so I pick them off a little at a time depending on which one I feel like taking on. It's nice to have that option.

I mean, don't get me wrong, G19 was tough as heck but... sometimes you just gotta do some research, stock up, and power through it.
    MizukiHayama